Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Worth it to get Emerald?  (Read 1979 times)
Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

Dark side points...Always

« on: July 10, 2016, 09:18:16 PM »

Do you guys think it's worth it to pay the extra 100 bucks to get the Emerald with sound over just a single color and sound? I have enough for either...just worried about pricing and the "is it worth it" thing.

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »

That depends on how much you'll use it, or what value you put on the things you can do with it.  Want blade shimmer/flicker?  That's the only way you're getting that.  Want to swap, even occasionally, between three or more colors?  Because at that point is where you financially get ahead of QDs (caveat to that is if you have multiple sabers set up for QDs).  Do you want to really fine tune the color of your saber?  Want to have any color FoC to go with your blade's "at rest" color, and not worry about the FoC chart?

Those are all things that, if you want that in your saber, make it worth it.  If you don't want those things, then you probably want to skip it.  If you want any one of those things, it probably won't hurt to get it.  If you want several of those things, there's a LOT of value in it for you.

For me, my first Emerald sabers were a pair of Dark Menaces, and part of the reason I went Emerald was that they are used in staff form, and I knew I'd be using mixed colors a lot (particularly DVA and EG, both of which are subject to a lot of variation if they're hard-wired), and I wanted to be sure I could match the colors.

My second was my Flamberge V2, because I got Emerald RGB for the main blade and white for the side blades.  That way I can put filters in the sides (and they're still plenty bright enough, because they're so short), and tailor the main blade color to match, so I have a Flamberge of many colors.

My third was a Scorpion, because I always wanted one, and by that time I was enamored of what Emerald could do, and again I knew I'd want to switch colors every so often.

My fourth...well, that was a Crimson  Scorpion that I won in the second spring raffle.  It's awesome, too.  It's usually in a flickering BR, with a reddish orange (so, Pyrestone Orangeish) FoC, and it's a great Sith look.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

If you say you can afford both alternatives, then get 4-channel Emerald and v4 sound! Emerald is definitely worth its money - unlimited colour options, no FoC restrictions, PULSE MODE (sorry for Caps Cheesy)...you won't get such realism without Emerald. And every US collection must have at least one 4-channel Emerald saber with sound, otherwise you can't consider it a complete collection Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:07:53 PM »

If you say you can afford both alternatives, then get 4-channel Emerald and v4 sound! Emerald is definitely worth its money - unlimited colour options, no FoC restrictions, PULSE MODE (sorry for Caps Cheesy)...you won't get such realism without Emerald. And every US collection must have at least one 4-channel Emerald saber with sound, otherwise you can't consider it a complete collection Tongue

Gonna get the Emerald! Will post pics!

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »

That depends on how much you'll use it, or what value you put on the things you can do with it.  Want blade shimmer/flicker?  That's the only way you're getting that.  Want to swap, even occasionally, between three or more colors?  Because at that point is where you financially get ahead of QDs (caveat to that is if you have multiple sabers set up for QDs).  Do you want to really fine tune the color of your saber?  Want to have any color FoC to go with your blade's "at rest" color, and not worry about the FoC chart?

Those are all things that, if you want that in your saber, make it worth it.  If you don't want those things, then you probably want to skip it.  If you want any one of those things, it probably won't hurt to get it.  If you want several of those things, there's a LOT of value in it for you.

For me, my first Emerald sabers were a pair of Dark Menaces, and part of the reason I went Emerald was that they are used in staff form, and I knew I'd be using mixed colors a lot (particularly DVA and EG, both of which are subject to a lot of variation if they're hard-wired), and I wanted to be sure I could match the colors.

My second was my Flamberge V2, because I got Emerald RGB for the main blade and white for the side blades.  That way I can put filters in the sides (and they're still plenty bright enough, because they're so short), and tailor the main blade color to match, so I have a Flamberge of many colors.

My third was a Scorpion, because I always wanted one, and by that time I was enamored of what Emerald could do, and again I knew I'd want to switch colors every so often.

My fourth...well, that was a Crimson  Scorpion that I won in the second spring raffle.  It's awesome, too.  It's usually in a flickering BR, with a reddish orange (so, Pyrestone Orangeish) FoC, and it's a great Sith look.

Will send pics of Emerald!

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 03:23:10 AM »

Wise choice my next saber will have the obsidian V4 and
4-channel Emerald driver

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Dark Helmet
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -55

JOIN THE DARK SIDE

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:03 AM »

Absolutely no brainer Emerald driver worth every penny

Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 53

Bantha PooDoo, Ha ha ha ha ha....

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:18 AM »

I don't know what my next UltraSaber will be yet, but I do know it will have Emerald and V4 Obsidian.

Old dog trying to learn new tricks...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: