Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: 全tar Wars: Episode 7′ Release Date May Change; To Feature Female Protagonist?  (Read 11167 times)
Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »

Star Wars is more of an ensemble cast anyway.  I mean, Luke is technically the main character of the originals, but Han and Leia are nearly as important.   What I'm hoping for is that sort of dynamic, but with the "Luke-type" character being female...and with the same quality of hero-myth-arc.

I think this is pretty much what they'll do regardless of gender.  That said, I think it's likely they'll follow the "Avengers Archetype" (for lack of a better term) and make a story about the group, rather than the individuals.  The reason I reference the Avengers is because that film really isn't about any one particular individual.  There's no point in the movie you can say "yea, the MAIN protagonist is definitely X character".  There's certainly a main antagonist, but that's not the point.

Plus, if they follow that road, they have ample opportunity to make side movies about each individual hero character.  More films for us, more money for them.  Win win. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:16 AM »

I know it follows as 7 follows six but is there an offical confirmation that its going forward in time? With J.J. at the helm are we sure we are not getting episode 4 in a different universe.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 06:47:51 AM »

I know it follows as 7 follows six but is there an offical confirmation that its going forward in time? With J.J. at the helm are we sure we are not getting episode 4 in a different universe.

I am fairly certain there was at least one confirmation of this, but I can't find the source. It may have been posted here at some point.

no

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 06:50:10 AM »

I think I have seen one as well, but even with J.J. as a director confirmed that does not mean he won't drop out or have "creative" difference, not likely but it does happen.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: