Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: The Unofficial UltraSaber buying guide  (Read 214481 times)
JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:41 PM »

You know what someone should make? A "Buy your UltraSaber" decision flowchart. You know, like:

< Do you want claws of some sort on your emitter? >
            |                             |
       YES  |                             | NO
            V                             V

Or maybe a survey/quiz with an internal scoring mechanism would work better.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »

"....every dollar you spend you will get one point.  10 points = $1 in store credit which you can store up..."

I noticed while reading under the "The End" section.

According to the "Rewards Program" link, the points conversion states, "20 points = $1 in store credit".

Might want to change that.  Incidentally, wonderful job on the buyers guide!  What a great resource!  Thank you!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Gizmo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2015, 11:52:41 PM »

I have a simple question. Been looking over the forums. And wanted to know length of  blade to the height of a person. I am looking at the Flamberge. I am 6ft. and am looking at the blade choices of 36' and 40'. I am leaning towards a 40', with the sides being 6'. And was wondering if lowering the length down to 36' is the better. Or is it just a preference thing?

Gizmo

PS. Just did some more reading, and it seems 36' is the way to go... Thanks to all of you that just read this. But I am guessing I answered my own question. LOL
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:00:17 AM by Gizmo » Logged

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »

Yeah, 36" will definitely be the way to go. 40" might be too long to handle since the Flamberge hilt itself is already quite long Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 11:13:18 PM »

Got a question for anyone who has ordered a Bellicose since the website redesign.  How do you specify what color buttons, blade holder and pommel type you want?  They don't seem to be listed options anymore.   

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2015, 04:10:28 AM »

Got a question for anyone who has ordered a Bellicose since the website redesign.  How do you specify what color buttons, blade holder and pommel type you want?  They don't seem to be listed options anymore.   

They were listed options when I checked a moment ago.                                                       

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »

You know what someone should make? A "Buy your UltraSaber" decision flowchart. You know, like:

< Do you want claws of some sort on your emitter? >
            |                             |
       YES  |                             | NO
            V                             V

Or maybe a survey/quiz with an internal scoring mechanism would work better.

Thinking about this, and how to break up the categories (no particular order):

Hilt type: Straight (most), curved (Mantises), crossguard (Omens, Flamberges), not important
Hilt colour: Black, black with silver hilights, black and silver, silver, silver with gold highlights, red, blue, not important
Claws: Yes, no, not important
Length: <10 inches, 10-12 inches, >12 inches, not important
MHS compatibility: Both ends, pommel only, none/not important
Covertec wheel: Standard, optional, none (Monarchs only), not important
Blade length: 40, 36, 32, 24, 18, other (additional cost), not important
RGB option: Yes, no, not important
Emerald option: Yes, no, with sound only, not important
Sound option: Yes, no, with Emerald only, not important
AV switch: Yes, no, not important

Possibly there could also be a way of advising people on options based on their height ("if under 5'10, get a 32" blade" or whatever).

I'm sure there are other options I'm forgetting, but that seems to cover most of it.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »

They were listed options when I checked a moment ago.                                                       

I see what it is.  It only lists those options for sound sabers, not stunts.   Undecided

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2015, 08:37:07 PM »

I see what it is.  It only lists those options for sound sabers, not stunts.   Undecided

The stunt setup screen is giving me the options.  Although the only blade holder available is black right now it seems.  Might be something with your computer, or browser?

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »

The stunt setup screen is giving me the options.  Although the only blade holder available is black right now it seems.  Might be something with your computer, or browser?

The options showed up on the Bellicose with sound but not the stunt for me.  Seems rather selective to just be the computer or browser. 

Ok, it looks like the options show up on every Bellicose listing except the stunt with Emerald, which is what I was looking at.

FloatingBarron
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Just buy one, you deserve it....

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »

Awesome job on these posts, this is where I send those interested in getting their own saber, great info, well presented, thanks!

Initiate V2
Dark Initiate V3
Battle Saber V3
Dominix LE V4
Dark Sentinel LE V4
Guardian w/Emerald Sound and RGBA LED
Li-Ion for emerald, Hvy grade blade, Illuminated AV switch (In series with Yellow Channel). 
Grey Jedi, a true Neutral, help me stay that way with your points please...

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2015, 01:56:34 AM »

I'm sure there are other options I'm forgetting, but that seems to cover most of it.

Price range, maybe, but otherwise this is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Point for you. (Belated - I've been away.)

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Darth Harris
Force Sensitive

« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »

if you buy the dominix v3 with sound and you choose a color like arctic blue, does it come with the RGB buttons as well? because it has to have the RGB to make that color?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2015, 05:04:58 PM »

Hi.  No you will get the LED in the single mixed color whether the saber is a stunt or sound.  Your only option for this saber is to purchase the Emerald driver.  There are sales on either RGB for some specific sabers and Emerald for most v3 and and v4 plus the v2 Archon.  Just have to wait to see what comes up.   Smiley

Before you make another post please read the Forum Rules ( large red print ) and acknowledge.  Thanks.

Darth Harris
Force Sensitive

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2015, 10:42:37 PM »

if i choose the color Arctic blue will they send the RGB buttons to make that color if i order it with sound?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: