Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pulsing blades  (Read 6082 times)
Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 02:54:01 AM »

im looking for a cheap pulsing effect on a stunt with no sound , i am not sure if this pulse driver i found i actually just a buck puck it looks the same i prob will just order and find out cause i need a buckpuck neway for my 10W red led ENGIN wired in series at FULL POWAH, this will be dominix V2 customization cant wait to show off when it is done. That LED driver would work but for 50$ not worth it to me, just not cost effective

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 98

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »

It is indeed pricey, I am in the... "lets see if it can be done" phase Smiley

Liberator, shrouded, igniter R4
Guardian, with manticore emitter (guardicore, rgb igniter r4 )
Battle Saber V3 (VA/nanobiscotte)
Prophecy V3 (AS/ obsidian 2.0)
Dominix V2 (AB)

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »

I wired it up and using the driver and while it does what i want it to... it doesn't turn off the main LED though:(

Dominix V2 (AB)

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 03:50:22 AM »

Do you want it pulsing on,off or just brighter?

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 03:54:29 AM »

there is a wiring scheme for this i found today if i get time to look up again i will post the link

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »

i think i found a cheap answer to this after a lilttle more research apparently people have
been using PCB inside the flickering LED candles which can power a 3W led and flicker once i have tested this i will post results

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »

I'd be interested in the results.  I wanted it to pulse or flicker kind of like you can do with a PC or CF board. It did those things... I think that since the Obsidian is the pass through, the main switch turned off the obsidian just fine  but the energy keeps flowing through it from the battery so to turn the led off, I had to break the contacts.

Anything you find Ninja Jedi would be sweet. The wiring that they put up for the obsidian this week did certainly help.

Dominix V2 (AB)

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 02:04:06 AM »

However this turns out, let me know! At the moment, I'm only considering using PC or CF boards for my own builds, because of that pulse effect, which I think adds some serious character to a blade, making it look a lot less static. If you guys figure out how to get these effects working with an obsidian, let me know how:)

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 04:49:13 AM »

well the flickering candle pcb work but the effects are just MEH...  they would work great for random flickereing effect on accent led and they are very cheap to boot there are even some color changing ones, the prob i was having was it will indeed flicker but the brightness just wasnt their... i am gonna retry with transistor like on the hasbro board setup to see if i can increase the brightness also want to find a different brand than the ones i got cause after 20 secs it flashes off then back on which i dont like

whitmers
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »

Good luck and let me know how that turns out, since so far mine is a bust :/

Dominix V2 (AB)

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:56 PM »

I'm about to tear down my 10 watt stunt saber(too bright) & convert it into a 5watter & was considering a driver as well (even a stunt looks alot cooler with blade effects, & I have seen that same pulse driver Ninja-jedi pointed it listed on ebay (it looked like a low cost part I just didnt "get" thats what it was for ...duh Sad ) The tcss ones look cool , just a bit pricey though you can have the option of a momentary switch.

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

it looks like a buck puck but it is called a pulse driver, i have not ordered yet so i have no experiece with it, i just hope that it is not a buck puck cause i already have them if you get before me let me know also u can find it on amazon i think

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »

here is quick video with PCB inside flickering candle, want to say first off this is not a pulsing effect but more of a random flickering so not really ideal for the main blade but this would work awesome on illuminated AV switches and crystal chambers, accent LED and LED in pommel, I got these at local craft store these were the brown wax simulated LED candle and they have to separate sets of solder pads to run 2 LED and they will have different flickering pattern, u can run more LED if u run them in parrallel
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2bIVWFERI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2bIVWFERI</a>

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: