Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Workstation pics thread!  (Read 3358 times)
imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 10:12:16 PM »

I’ve got a 2002 xl1200s that’s bored, stroked, camed, and just about everything else you can do to a little sporty. There’s a 1999 zg1000 kawi sport tourer that’s being brought back from the brink out there. And I’ve got an 86 cx500, and and 86 gl500 that are in various stages of cafe racer build. The cx is all apart, the frame is chopped and was being prepped for a suspension change when I got the gl. So ya, friggin bikes. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve got cars too, but nothing cool. Unless you think a 94 gen 1 sploder or a 99 k2500 is cool.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 08:36:33 AM »

I’ve got a 2002 xl1200s that’s bored, stroked, camed, and just about everything else you can do to a little sporty. There’s a 1999 zg1000 kawi sport tourer that’s being brought back from the brink out there. And I’ve got an 86 cx500, and and 86 gl500 that are in various stages of cafe racer build. The cx is all apart, the frame is chopped and was being prepped for a suspension change when I got the gl. So ya, friggin bikes. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve got cars too, but nothing cool. Unless you think a 94 gen 1 sploder or a 99 k2500 is cool.

nice man! I've always liked bikes but feel like I could never trust myself on one. also I live in a Metropolitan area where there is usually bumper to bumper traffic which is just terrible, but specifically for bikers with everyone else changing lanes every 5 seconds. I got a 4 door family sedan that eventually ended up with a turbo and 6 speed in it, this way wife can't say it's completely useless cause it still has 4 doors and does a hell of a job moving the groceries around. honestly man, anything you've customized is cool in my opinion, stock bikes/cars are boring. I go through waves where I like messing with my car, alternated with being sick of it and just wanting to Uber everywhere hahah

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »

I have an 09 ZX10R sitting in my garage myself. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

Now I can't afford to build sabers in solid form and I do all my building in 3D so I guess my workshop is my old laptop PC. Nothing special about my workstation but it gets the basics done and is kept fairly tidy  Grin

Regarding bikes, my last experience with two wheels was with an '86 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SACS on the runway of an abandoned airforce base. It belonged to a local (and partly mad) mechanic I knew and he was also a part time Pro racer. He was testing parts out on the bike one weekend and invited me to go along and help out.
Well I said he was mad...he let me try the bike. Kriffin Heck that thing could move! That right hand twister was so sensitive, I twitched and it opened and I was flying down the runway. (After I got over the shock and recovered he put a thicker handgrip on for me - so the amount of travel was increased making the throttle less sensitive.)

Bikes are beautiful and I love them but after that weekend I decided to leave best alone and just watch the professional "Aliens" ride them.

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 11:46:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

Now I can't afford to build sabers in solid form and I do all my building in 3D so I guess my workshop is my old laptop PC. Nothing special about my workstation but it gets the basics done and is kept fairly tidy  Grin

Regarding bikes, my last experience with two wheels was with an '86 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SACS on the runway of an abandoned airforce base. It belonged to a local (and partly mad) mechanic I knew and he was also a part time Pro racer. He was testing parts out on the bike one weekend and invited me to go along and help out.
Well I said he was mad...he let me try the bike. Kriffin Heck that thing could move! That right hand twister was so sensitive, I twitched and it opened and I was flying down the runway. (After I got over the shock and recovered he put a thicker handgrip on for me - so the amount of travel was increased making the throttle less sensitive.)

Bikes are beautiful and I love them but after that weekend I decided to leave best alone and just watch the professional "Aliens" ride them.

Air strip - nice! I've always wanted to take my car on some road like that and just go all out. I'm part of a small local car club so we got several people who have bikes too. Anytime I see those videos of guys going 200+ it blows my mind - looks amazing but not for me. I at least want some air bags lol.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 12:14:31 AM »

Air strip - nice! I've always wanted to take my car on some road like that and just go all out. I'm part of a small local car club so we got several people who have bikes too. Anytime I see those videos of guys going 200+ it blows my mind - looks amazing but not for me. I at least want some air bags lol.

Hi deevee2,

Well I can assure you I didn't reach anywhere near 200+! I couldn't afford the repair bills. I was actually lucky I loosened my grip and rolled out the throttle or I would have flipped, by sheer fluke the throttle settled and I accelerated fairly smooth then but those first few moments convinced me bikes weren't for me.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: