Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate V5 customization Stage 1  (Read 6838 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 03:53:27 AM »

Some excellent beginnings there

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 04:01:07 AM »

I like it. I really like what you did to the claws.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 01:20:47 AM »

Haven't had much time lately on here (or anywhere except work), but I do like to work on my sabers for at least a 1/2 hour a night.  I've finished stage 1- clip claws, sand and paint & Stage 2- accent and light weathering. I like the way the grip came.

Now onto the final stage- choosing a pommel (I don't want to use the pommel that came with it) and a little dressing up.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 02:13:57 AM »

That grenade grip looks perfect for weathering. That weather pattern you did looks super realistic. Love it.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

The claws looks so much better now and I love your weathering work, DB!  Pointage

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

DB,

When you painted the saber, how much sanding do you usually do? I have a Dominix LE v3 that I'm working on and I'm trying to figure out how much sanding is enough? Just to dull it a little? What is everyone's stop point for sanding before painting?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 01:14:24 PM »

Haven't had much time lately on here (or anywhere except work), but I do like to work on my sabers for at least a 1/2 hour a night.  I've finished stage 1- clip claws, sand and paint & Stage 2- accent and light weathering. I like the way the grip came.

Now onto the final stage- choosing a pommel (I don't want to use the pommel that came with it) and a little dressing up.

I really like your mod, especially the 'claw reduction'!  And the weathering is rad, too Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 08:34:46 PM »

DB,

When you painted the saber, how much sanding do you usually do? I have a Dominix LE v3 that I'm working on and I'm trying to figure out how much sanding is enough? Just to dull it a little? What is everyone's stop point for sanding before painting?

I just lightly sand or use steel wool to dull it. I use a primer as well or a paint with primer for good adhesion. I'm about to clear coat it when I get home from work.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »

I just lightly sand or use steel wool to dull it. I use a primer as well or a paint with primer for good adhesion. I'm about to clear coat it when I get home from work.

Ok...I guess I went for the "overkill" method and I sanded the living tar out of it yesterday with a pretty abrasive sand paper. My paint had primer in it and I have given it 2 coats...fairly pleased with the results! I'm waiting for it to finish the curing (which I think takes a day or 2 to be really safe.) I will clear coat when I'm done painting and weathering...and maybe even damaging.

Weird question for everyone:

Do you notice that when you begin this process and start customizing a saber that it starts to "talk" to you and thus changes in your plan start to happen? Have I inhaled too many paint fumes? Undecided Grin

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 06:17:31 AM »

Do you notice that when you begin this process and start customizing a saber that it starts to "talk" to you and thus changes in your plan start to happen? Have I inhaled too many paint fumes? Undecided Grin

Having been around too many graffiti artists. I would say the answer is yes, and yes.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »

Ok...I guess I went for the "overkill" method and I sanded the living tar out of it yesterday with a pretty abrasive sand paper. My paint had primer in it and I have given it 2 coats...fairly pleased with the results! I'm waiting for it to finish the curing (which I think takes a day or 2 to be really safe.) I will clear coat when I'm done painting and weathering...and maybe even damaging.

Oh yes, my sabers talk to me when I work with them and plans change on the fly.. Like this one. I really like it the way it is now and just need to figure out the pommel.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2018, 11:47:23 AM »

Oh yes, my sabers talk to me when I work with them and plans change on the fly.. Like this one. I really like it the way it is now and just need to figure out the pommel.

It’s all about listening to them

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2018, 08:10:52 PM »

Let the Force flow through you man  Tongue Grin

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's utterly fantastic that the way we mod and create our sabers mirrors how the Jedi/Sith actually did theirs. Talk about being connected to a franchise...

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »

No words, bravo!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: