Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1277928 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5670 on: December 13, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »

Wait......I think I figured out the problem. Math used to be awesome.

Yeah I came from that crossover era where we had to know Math(s) and be able to solve things. For example:

A farmer buys a flock of chickens and keeps them in a barn. So they have something to sit on he puts a frame in the barn with 3 rungs. 3 chickens sit on the bottom rung, 3 sit on the middle rung and another 3 sit on the top rung.

How many chickens does the farmer own?

point to anyone who gives the right answer I was given.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5671 on: December 13, 2018, 06:38:37 PM »

Yeah I came from that crossover era where we had to know Math(s) and be able to solve things. For example:

A farmer buys a flock of chickens and keeps them in a barn. So they have something to sit on he puts a frame in the barn with 3 rungs. 3 chickens sit on the bottom rung, 3 sit on the middle rung and another 3 sit on the top rung.

However many chickens constitute a "flock".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5672 on: December 13, 2018, 06:40:46 PM »

However many chickens constitute a "flock".

No I'm afraid not the "right" answer. Keep guessing.

And Infinite, if you lost a finger you would have SEVEN left and TWO opposing thumbs!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5673 on: December 13, 2018, 06:58:54 PM »

No I'm afraid not the "right" answer. Keep guessing.
9 seems like it should be the right answer, but I've grown cynical in my math, so that seems too easy.

And Infinite, if you lost a finger you would have SEVEN left and TWO opposing thumbs!
HA!

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5674 on: December 13, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »

9 seems like it should be the right answer, but I've grown cynical in my math, so that seems too easy.

Your Sith insight serves you well but 9 is the WRONG answer sorry.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5675 on: December 13, 2018, 07:09:41 PM »

I'm terrible at math, but I'm going to say definitively, that the answer is: "Who gives a flock?"

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5676 on: December 13, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »

Your Sith insight serves you well but 9 is the WRONG answer sorry.
I suck at math but with the information provided I thought 9 as well. So whst is the right answer?

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5677 on: December 13, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »

I suck at math but with the information provided I thought 9 as well. So whst is the right answer?

No more guesses? Ok, the answer is the farmer only owned the THREE chickens on the bottom rung as the other six were on HIGHER PERCHES (hire purchase  Roll Eyes   Grin )

I  am not kidding this was the answer we were given in the lesson and the teacher told us not to take everything so literally and think about things differently.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5678 on: December 13, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »

No more guesses? Ok, the answer is the farmer only owned the THREE chickens on the bottom rung as the other six were on HIGHER PERCHES (hire purchase  Roll Eyes   Grin )

I  am not kidding this was the answer we were given in the lesson and the teacher told us not to take everything so literally and think about things differently.

Yeah. So I was right. It's, "Who gives a flock?". I would have spanked that teacher with a ruler and said "and that concludes today's lesson".

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5679 on: December 13, 2018, 07:20:47 PM »

No more guesses? Ok, the answer is the farmer only owned the THREE chickens on the bottom rung as the other six were on HIGHER PERCHES (hire purchase  Roll Eyes   Grin )

I  am not kidding this was the answer we were given in the lesson and the teacher told us not to take everything so literally and think about things differently.
Die in a fire.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5680 on: December 13, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »

Die in a fire.

Me or the teacher?

Yeah, I was right. It's "Who gives a flock?"
I would have spanked that teacher with a ruler.

We actually had chalkboards at my school and they had big 3ft long rulers which were around 3 inches  wide, we were very tempted to use one of those on the teacher.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5681 on: December 13, 2018, 07:36:52 PM »

We actually had chalkboards at my school and they had big 3ft long rulers which were around 3 inches  wide, we were very tempted to use one of those on the teacher.

Should have done it. You should have seen some of the stuff I did in school. One time another student was distracting me from my work on purpose, so I threw his desk into the wall. And by into I mean one of the legs punctured the wall. His desk just stuck there on the wall about 5 feet up. I used to set off stink bombs in the cafeteria during breakfast so it would stink for the whole day. I had a teacher actually shove me once because I was questioning what was being taught and got away with giving him a gut shot in return because it was self defense and the whole class saw it. I used to make fun of the vice principle's car and wife to his face. Good times.
I chilled out a lot after 5th grade.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5682 on: December 13, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »

Me or the teacher?
Yes

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5683 on: December 13, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »

Temp's cooled down and it's raining.  I like it, not driving in it since people lose their minds here in Texas

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5684 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:39 PM »

Should have done it. You should have seen some of the stuff I did in school. Good times.
I chilled out a lot after 5th grade.

I'm so glad to hear you have calmed down Darth. When I say "we" I meant the class in general, normally I wouldn't contemplate doing anything as drastic as that, I am a Jedi after all.

(And I'll take Logos' comment to mean both!   Grin )

Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: