Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Black or Silver Claws for a Dark War Glaive?  (Read 1366 times)
SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« on: August 17, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »

I'm wanting to buy a Dark War Glaive but I'm wondering whether it would look better with silver or black claws? And before anyone suggests it I don't like the idea of having a mixture of the 2, sorry!

It's quite a black-heavy hilt so I was thinking silver might even it out a bit, but at the same time there's just something about the black claws which appeal to me.

I was also wondering if anyone has a DWG do the claws stay on well or do they come loose pretty easily?

I know there are photos on the US website if you click on the saber but if you have any photos of your DWG they'd be appreciated too Smiley

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »

The metal, non-anodized claws would help break up the color scheme if you ask me. But the black ones would tie in more with the emitter as a whole piece.

Darth Phoenix
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 06:33:27 PM »

I have the Raven which also has claws and I love 'em so was thinking of getting the Dark War Glaive as my next one. I would go with silver claws as you've both said it helps to break up all the black, and also the blade colour reflects in the silver claws which I think looks cool. My claws have stayed on fine but I've never used my Raven for dueling so I can't say for sure.

Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Shock - BR
Manticore - DVA
Raven - PO
Scorpion - BR

Swardheld
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 08:03:50 PM »

You can see a picture of mine, below. The claws are solidly attached - even after being hit during combat!

I like the contrast of the light claws with the dark emitter. You can always buy the other claws as parts if you change your mind later... Smiley

GB Phantasm (2xInitiate V3 LE), RGB Raven, RGB Dark War Glaive, CG Dominix V3, DVA Archon V2, BR Dark Shock, CG Manticore, CG Dark Liberator V3, SY Graflex CE, AS Prophecy V3, AB Initiate V2, Em Chosen One, TCG Lost Grey, Diamond Menace CE pair, TCG Fulcrum, TGB Archon V3, VA Electrum Wind, Diamond Dominicide

SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »

Ooh nice! I like the silver claws a little more every time I see them

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: