Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Halo Discussion Thread  (Read 24489 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 03:04:05 AM »

Can I just throw out the fact that Del Rio was relieved of his position when the UNSC leaders found out that he'd left the Chief alone on Requiem. Frankly, the only one that didn't see him as a hero is Del Rio and he got shell for it.

He was? I guess I missed that Grin Glad he got the boot though.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2012, 04:43:58 AM »

*Shakes fist* You guys and your superior knowledge of Halo.  Cheesy I haven't read or looked into anything Halo outside of the games.  Tongue

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 04:57:04 AM »

*Shakes fist* You guys and your superior knowledge of Halo.  Cheesy I haven't read or looked into anything Halo outside of the games.  Tongue

Hehe. I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the hardcore Halo fans are, but I am getting there. I think. Planning on buying all of the books and reading them all in chronological order. I already read the first few, but I want to read them again anyway. I just love the universe of Halo so much.

On a totally random note... I've been thinking about this earlier today, but how awesome would it be if Fred, Linda, and Kelly returned for Halo 5? They could make separate campaigns for them. Now THAT would make me happy. For Linda, they could give us all sniper missions and ridiculous auto-aim abilities, for Kelly they could give us unlimited speed boost, and for Fred they could give us unlimited UNSC weapon ammo Cheesy Yeah, I know, they'll never do this, but someone should seriously tell 343 to make a game featuring all of this.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »

Hehe. I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the hardcore Halo fans are, but I am getting there. I think. Planning on buying all of the books and reading them all in chronological order. I already read the first few, but I want to read them again anyway. I just love the universe of Halo so much.

On a totally random note... I've been thinking about this earlier today, but how awesome would it be if Fred, Linda, and Kelly returned for Halo 5? They could make separate campaigns for them. Now THAT would make me happy. For Linda, they could give us all sniper missions and ridiculous auto-aim abilities, for Kelly they could give us unlimited speed boost, and for Fred they could give us unlimited UNSC weapon ammo Cheesy Yeah, I know, they'll never do this, but someone should seriously tell 343 to make a game featuring all of this.

Still more knowledgeable than me.  Cheesy As for that idea, that would be pretty awesome if they did something like that. When I first heard about reach being made into a video game years ago I was expecting to play as master chief  leading his original spartan squad into battle against the covenant and was disappointed when  I learned that we would be taking control of another spartan and noble team.  Tongue I doubt they would give each spartan their own personal levels since Chief is the star of the game, but fighting along side them like we fought along side noble team in reach would be good enough for me.  Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 06:51:24 AM »

Still more knowledgeable than me.  Cheesy As for that idea, that would be pretty awesome if they did something like that. When I first heard about reach being made into a video game years ago I was expecting to play as master chief  leading his original spartan squad into battle against the covenant and was disappointed when  I learned that we would be taking control of another spartan and noble team.  Tongue I doubt they would give each spartan their own personal levels since Chief is the star of the game, but fighting along side them like we fought along side noble team in reach would be good enough for me.  Smiley

I was actually looking forward to it. I think it was a nice break from all of the constant Master Chief action. Not that there is anything wrong with constant Master Chief action, seeing as he is a total bad ass Cheesy

I suppose its just wishful thinking on my part, but they did dedicate a whole game to ODST troops, so it could be possible. If they don't give us separate campaigns, I hope they'll have a system similar to Castlevania III, (yes, I know, I'm always talking about Castlevania. I can't help it. I'm a retro gamer Wink) where you can swap out characters on the fly after you've actually met up with the character you want to swap out with. So maybe Master Chief could bump into Kelly, for example, and she'll tag along with you until you find Linda and Fred, then they'll tag along with you as well. All four of them will have their unique abilities from the novels, such as Kelly's super speed or Linda's insane sniping, which could be useful in certain situations.

Wow, how did I come up with that? I must be really out of it. Now THAT will never happen Grin

Well, as long as they bring back the Halo A-Team, I'll be fine. Well, most of the Halo A-Team (R.I.P. other Spartans  Cry)

Tasardur
Nerf Herder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 225

As a Jedi, I prefer Lightside points.

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »

I was actually looking forward to it. I think it was a nice break from all of the constant Master Chief action. Not that there is anything wrong with constant Master Chief action, seeing as he is a total bad ass Cheesy

I suppose its just wishful thinking on my part, but they did dedicate a whole game to ODST troops, so it could be possible. If they don't give us separate campaigns, I hope they'll have a system similar to Castlevania III, (yes, I know, I'm always talking about Castlevania. I can't help it. I'm a retro gamer Wink) where you can swap out characters on the fly after you've actually met up with the character you want to swap out with. So maybe Master Chief could bump into Kelly, for example, and she'll tag along with you until you find Linda and Fred, then they'll tag along with you as well. All four of them will have their unique abilities from the novels, such as Kelly's super speed or Linda's insane sniping, which could be useful in certain situations.

Wow, how did I come up with that? I must be really out of it. Now THAT will never happen Grin

Well, as long as they bring back the Halo A-Team, I'll be fine. Well, most of the Halo A-Team (R.I.P. other Spartans  Cry)

RIP Kurt.

Anyway, yeah, I expect to see Linda, Kelly, and Fred soon. I also want to see the Arbiter return. I am really, really excited.

I have read all of the books except for a recent few, and I know a lot about Halo...I am a super fan....

"The really bad words are filtered but thats about it. We dont bitch too much about casual swearing, but dont be an ass about it." - Ultra
Dominix v2 SY

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »

RIP Kurt.

Anyway, yeah, I expect to see Linda, Kelly, and Fred soon. I also want to see the Arbiter return. I am really, really excited.

I have read all of the books except for a recent few, and I know a lot about Halo...I am a super fan....

I overheard one of the Spartans in the hangar bay (when you first meet them in the campaign) talk about Kelly. They referred to her by her call sign and said something about how her speed would be really useful right now. I looked it up on the wiki and yep, they were referring to Kelly. So this leads me to believe that she is training Spartan IV's somewhere. That is kriffing awesome. Kelly has always been my #1 favorite Spartan.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »

Sorry for the double-post, but...

Oh. My. GOSH. This is the greatest fan film I have ever watched in my life. Actually, it's the only fan film I've ever watched in my life. Still, this blew my mind. Watch the WHOLE thing. This is just...  Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »

Oh. My. GOSH. This is the greatest fan film I have ever watched in my life. Actually, it's the only fan film I've ever watched in my life. Still, this blew my mind. Watch the WHOLE thing. This is just...  Shocked

HOLY BANTHA SPIT! THAT WAS FREAKEN BANANAS!  Shocked How could I have missed that one?  Tongue  point.  Cool

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »

HOLY BANTHA SPIT! THAT WAS FREAKEN BANANAS!  Shocked How could I have missed that one?  Tongue  point.  Cool

The ending had me laughing so hard, when they just exploded out of their armor and everyone started dancing  Grin And the fight scenes... Jeez. That was so great.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »

The ending had me laughing so hard, when they just exploded out of their armor and everyone started dancing  Grin And the fight scenes... Jeez. That was so great.

yeah, seeing the elites dance in the background was great.  Cheesy That sniper shot with the jackal shields was insane.  Cool

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:52 AM »

yeah, seeing the elites dance in the background was great.  Cheesy That sniper shot with the jackal shields was insane.  Cool

The shotgun twirling was also insane. Also, the energy sword vs. lightsaber duel  Shocked Then, when it showed the female Master Chief and Samus holding hands and stuff I literally went, "Awwww..." Cheesy Couldn't help it. That scene was so beautiful.

Zephon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 118

Zephon Nosta - Jedi Sentinel

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »

Ah yea, that's very old. It was done by Monty Oum. One of his first videos before he started doing his Dead Fantasy series (Dead or Alive vs Final Fantasy). He was later picked up by Rooster Teeth and worked on seasons 8, 9 & 10 of RvB (Red Vs Blue webseries).

https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCT-VZ_nOHUE7oQR27SxOUNA (Monty's Feed)

And for you guys who liked Haloid.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI</a>

And
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3OZfPsP2E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3OZfPsP2E</a>
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:11:27 AM by Zephon » Logged

The Force Is The Blade Of The Heart.
            All Are Intertwined;
       The Crystal,
   The Blade,
The Jedi.
              You Are One.

Light Side Points Appreciated

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2012, 05:23:55 AM »

That's so awesome, Zephon Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »

Hooray! My Halo books arrived in the mail today.

I got a box set that contains: Halo: Contact Harvest, Halo: The Cole Protocol, and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. I also got the new definitive edition for The Fall of Reach that has new artwork and bonus material. Pretty awesome Smiley

I'm going to be reading them in this order:

1. Contact Harvest
2. The Cole Protocol
3. The Fall of Reach
4. First Strike (when I get the money)
5. Ghosts of Onyx

Then I'll pick up the rest of the books. But anyway, I think this is the best order for continuity purposes. I also plan on buying the Anniversary Edition of Halo: CE, so I can play that after the Fall of Reach and before First Strike. I'm pretty sure that Halo 2 comes right after First Strike, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:25:25 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: