Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23452 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »

So began furthering the apprentice's training last night with Pitch Black, and thought..."Riddick Trilogy (soon to be quad Grin) can't be touched."

Riddick was so odd for me...like i know factually i watched them but i cant recall anything but Vin Diesel's voice, a lot of sand, and one specific line. Not to say it wasnt memorable it just felt like a weird fever dream. Should rewatch those movies.

So i went to suggest this and it turns out they actually *are* remaking this but ill say it anyway - Dune deserves a remake! The movie doesnt hold a candle to the book imo.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »

So i went to suggest this and it turns out they actually *are* remaking this but ill say it anyway - Dune deserves a remake! The movie doesnt hold a candle to the book imo.
I have been disappointed by Dune, both the movie and the SyFy Channel mini-series, that I am filled with a mix of anticipation and dread regarding the upcoming remake.  The book is so good, and so detailed, I really don't see how they'll be able to make a movie worth watching and still not exceed the bladder capacity of movie audiences.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »

Riddick was so odd for me...like i know factually i watched them but i cant recall anything but Vin Diesel's voice, a lot of sand, and one specific line. Not to say it wasnt memorable it just felt like a weird fever dream. Should rewatch those movies.
Yes you should. Yes they're a bit on the macho-cheesy side that we fell in love with in the 80s, but we wouldn't expect anything less from a Vin Diesel movie? I love them because I love a great anti-hero, and Riddick is exactly that.

Agreed. I've been told that the best one to date was the one from the 80s, and I felt that one barely scratched the book.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »

I really love Pitch Black found Chronicles of Riddick too drastic a shift in tone and storytelling. Riddick was better, although still not great. But Vin is great as the character.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »

I really love Pitch Black found Chronicles of Riddick too drastic a shift in tone and storytelling. Riddick was better, although still not great. But Vin is great as the character.
That and the Director's cut completely undid the backstory of his eyes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »

Major League

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2019, 08:24:20 PM »

Major League
Remake?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »

Remake?
NEVER

Sorry for not specifying.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »

NEVER

Sorry for not specifying.

Yea, for some reason I can't see that working

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2019, 11:26:18 PM »

I wouldn't mind a Justice League remake. Either that or Snyder's version.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »

I wouldn't mind a Justice League remake. Either that or Snyder's version.
There is no Synder version. But a Justice League remake would be good. Maybe have a battle as amazing as the Gods/races of men/Amazonians/Green Lanterns vs Steppenwolf that we had as 1 min flashback.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2019, 07:56:56 AM »

There is no Synder version. But a Justice League remake would be good. Maybe have a battle as amazing as the Gods/races of men/Amazonians/Green Lanterns vs Steppenwolf that we had as 1 min flashback.

Well technically the SnyderCut does exist. Snyder and Momoa have both confirmed it, and Momoa has watched it. Officially, it does not exist though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »

Well technically the SnyderCut does exist. Snyder and Momoa have both confirmed it, and Momoa has watched it. Officially, it does not exist though.
Well if you count a version of the film nowhere near ready for release, with few if any special effects scenes, sound editing or colour grading added and a lot of greenscreen remaining, then yes, the Synder cut exists.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2019, 02:46:50 PM »

Well if you count a version of the film nowhere near ready for release, with few if any special effects scenes, sound editing or colour grading added and a lot of greenscreen remaining, then yes, the Synder cut exists.

Yes, that is what people mean by the Snyder Cut.  According to Kevin Smith its about 3 hours long and is very rough.  But hard core DCEU fans want it released anyway

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2019, 03:42:41 PM »

I know they are thinking of remaking this movie, but I'm hoping they don't, An American Werewolf in London.

*Edit* Just read that due to the allegations against Max Landis, his remake of this has been cancelled. And it's looking increasingly unlikely that any studios will want to pursue it, even with another writer/director attached. So, that's good news

Yes, that is what people mean by the Snyder Cut.  According to Kevin Smith its about 3 hours long and is very rough.  But hard core DCEU fans want it released anyway
Maybe I'm too much of a  movie purist but I don't count that as a "cut".

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: