Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: MOVIE REMAKES  (Read 23469 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2019, 06:17:54 PM »

Unless they copy ideas directly from the previous adaptation.  Such as Total Recall with Colin Farrel.  It attempted to straight remake the Arnold film instead of adapting the story
And failed. I liked the going to Mars bit.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »

And failed. I liked the going to Mars bit.

Im not gonna say it outright failed but for me they are two very different movies. One is a pretty traditional cyberpunk "man vs corporation" type deal where the original felt more scifi than cyberpunk and for me the corporate war was more of a background to play with questions like are you more than just your memories? I liked the old more to be sure, but no particular hate on the remake

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »

Im not gonna say it outright failed but for me they are two very different movies. One is a pretty traditional cyberpunk "man vs corporation" type deal where the original felt more scifi than cyberpunk and for me the corporate war was more of a background to play with questions like are you more than just your memories? I liked the old more to be sure, but no particular hate on the remake

For me the only redeeming factor for the Remake was I got to look at Kate Beckinsale

The Seven Samurai should never be remade....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2019, 08:10:20 PM »

I'll have to see it again.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »

For me the only redeeming factor for the Remake was I got to look at Kate Beckinsale

The Seven Samurai should never be remade...

Seven Samurai has been remade (The Magnificent Seven).

I agree with you about the Total Recall remake. Kate Beckinsale is always a win. Away from that it was a failure in every other aspect (except the CGI was pretty good).

No Mars. No holographic double. No mutants. Yes, the Arnie version is a loose adaptation of the novel, but the changes make it it's own enjoyable film. Of course, as always, it's all subjective.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2019, 08:34:58 PM »

I'll have to see it again.

Wouldnt get your hopes up terribly high; try to just enjoy it as kind of an average action flick

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »

Seven Samurai has been remade (The Magnificent Seven).

I consider the western films base off Samurai Films (which there is a lot ) Re-Imaginings rather than remakes

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »

I consider the western films base off Samurai Films (which there is a lot ) Re-Imaginings rather than remakes
Faur enough. But it's a well known fact that Magnificent Seven is a remake of Seven Samurai, just replacing samurai with cowboys. But, if you're going to remake a classic (and one that is generally considered to be one of the greatest movies ever made) you'd have to make changes to avoid direct comparisons.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2019, 02:03:57 AM »

just replacing samurai with cowboys.

That is what, to me, makes it a re imagining instead of a remake.  Same with The Man with No Name Trilogy ( A Fistful of Dollars (1964), For a Few Dollars More (1965), and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)..was a re imagining of Yojimbo....which is another film that shouldnt be remade.  There are some awesome Japanese Actors out there but Toshiro Mifune was one in a million.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »

The Seven Samurai should never be remade....
Technically, this has been redone.....twice. The first was in the double Western adaption (Western in movie genre, and Western in geographic region of origin) The Magnificent 7. {already covered} The other redo was in the anime series Samurai 7. It's kind of a steampunky feudal Japan, where the bandits sacrificed there physical bodies for the power of being giant robots.

There are some awesome Japanese Actors out there but Toshiro Mifune was one in a million.
If I'm not mistaken,

Fun Fact #1: In Ready Player One, the avatar of Daito actually uses the image of Mifune's face in Seven Samurai.
Fun Fact #2: The same character's real world (in movie) name is Toshiro.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2019, 05:34:36 PM »

Technically, this has been redone.....twice. The first was in the double Western adaption (Western in movie genre, and Western in geographic region of origin) The Magnificent 7. {already covered} The other redo was in the anime series Samurai 7. It's kind of a steampunky feudal Japan, where the bandits sacrificed there physical bodies for the power of being giant robots.
If I'm not mistaken,

Fun Fact #1: In Ready Player One, the avatar of Daito actually uses the image of Mifune's face in Seven Samurai.

Like with the Magnificent 7...I consider the anime a Re-Imagining.  A Remake would be literally making the same movie (setting, time period, characters) but usually adding or taking away some element that makes it a lesser film.  Once you change the settings and time period its becomes a reimagining.  With the Magnificent 7 making them Gunslingers does change some the character Dynamic than that of Ronin Samurai.  Just the Way I see it. 

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2019, 05:39:33 PM »

If I'm not mistaken,

You are correct. I like him in Yojimbo, Throne of Blood, Samurai Assassin, Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto, These Foolish Times I and II to name a few

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2019, 05:48:38 PM »

You are correct. I like him in Yojimbo, Throne of Blood, Samurai Assassin, Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto, These Foolish Times I and II to name a few

Yojimbo is by far my favorite...Often think of the What if he had accepted the Obi-Wan role

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2019, 05:58:39 PM »

Yojimbo is by far my favorite...Often think of the What if he had accepted the Obi-Wan role
Then Ben v. Vader would have been waaaayyyy different.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2019, 06:22:29 PM »

It's my favorite, I often wonder that too

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: