Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help for the first Ultrasaber.  (Read 7457 times)
Joji12
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 06, 2014, 02:02:43 PM »

Hello, im very interested in buying an Archon v2.1 or a Standard Issue Battlesaber v3. My favorite colour is the arctic blue. I would really like to get a saber with Obsidian soundboarf and ofcourse the Illuminated AV Switch, but i've got a few questions.
Could please someone explain the difference between the 8 AV Switch options? What does channel 1,2...mean? Which option shouId I choose if I want the Button permanently light in silver when the saber is on too?
I would like to have the brightest Lightsaber configuration possible. I've heard that the Saber with FoC comes with a 10W LED and the others are 5W, is the Saber with FoC brighter? Does the colour arctic Blue also come with the 10w LED (because of the 2 ColourLEDS)? And also is an Emerald Saber brighter? Or is the only difference the customization of an Emerald driver?
What would you guys prefer, the SI Battlesaber v3 or the Archon v2.1 and should I go with FoC and ultraedge blade to get the brightest saber possible?
Thanks
(Sorry for my bad english)

Regards.

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »

First of all were you going for an emerald saber?
Because that is the only time you need to worry about AV channel.
If are getting Emerald and you want the AV only lit with power on it's parallel channel 4, it's the other recommended one, but then you cannot use the 4th Channel for the White LED.
I recommend Direct Drive because it is completely separate.
Although i just went with non lit with Direct Drive to make it consistent.

If you aren't getting emerald the LED will only light up with the saber being on.

In Terms of Brightness I find Emerald and Regular are about the same.

But you can make emerald brighter if you mix the White led in with the base color.
Just make sure your AV is on Direct drive so you can do that! Also it will drain your batteries really fast.

I recommend the Archon as the cost for sound is cheaper, you can get emerald with sound, plus it's a full MHS hilt with a Covertec preinstalled.

Hope that Helps!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Joji12
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:10 AM »

First of all were you going for an emerald saber?
Because that is the only time you need to worry about AV channel.
If are getting Emerald and you want the AV only lit with power on it's parallel channel 4, it's the other recommended one, but then you cannot use the 4th Channel for the White LED.
I recommend Direct Drive because it is completely separate.
Although i just went with non lit with Direct Drive to make it consistent.

If you aren't getting emerald the LED will only light up with the saber being on.

In Terms of Brightness I find Emerald and Regular are about the same.

But you can make emerald brighter if you mix the White led in with the base color.
Just make sure your AV is on Direct drive so you can do that! Also it will drain your batteries really fast.

I recommend the Archon as the cost for sound is cheaper, you can get emerald with sound, plus it's a full MHS hilt with a Covertec preinstalled.

Hope that Helps!

Thank you very much for the answer.
No I don't want it to be Emerald, i would like to order the Archon V2.1, Obsidian, AV 4 channel (or whatever) silver illuminated and bladecolour Arctic Blue. I would maybe also like to get FoC Silver, is thus feature good? And btw is the arctic Blue Led the 10W or the 5W LED?

Thanks Smiley

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »

Your best bet is to watch Emory's video for information about the AV Switch options.

He clearly explains the pros and cons of each very clearly, including the fact that direct drive (always on) can drain your saber's batteries in about two days if you leave them in (and not plugged into a recharge port).

I can't remember where I saw (or read it), but Emory says that the batteries should never be allowed to fully discharge as that can kill them. He recommends always taking them out and putting them in a charger, or using the recharge port.

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »

If you don't want the Emerald board, then you don't have to worry about the different AV channel options. Without Emerald the switch is wired in a way that it only illuminates when you turn the saber on. Otherwise it's non-illuminated.
Go for FoC, it's one of the best features US offers, and silver gives it a realistic look - both of my Aeons have AB with silver FoC and it looks amazing!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Joji12
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »

If you don't want the Emerald board, then you don't have to worry about the different AV channel options. Without Emerald the switch is wired in a way that it only illuminates when you turn the saber on. Otherwise it's non-illuminated.
Go for FoC, it's one of the best features US offers, and silver gives it a realistic look - both of my Aeons have AB with silver FoC and it looks amazing!

Kk thanks, once i get the FoC, will I be able to turn it off? And also is there a way to mute the Obsidian-board?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »

Yes, you can disable FoC and mute the soundboard via the latest Obsidian Launcher release here.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »

I recommend FOC its a really great effect with lockup and clashes! But you can always turn it off, but remember if you order without you are out of luck!

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29:32 PM »

its actually when batteries remain dead for a prolonged period is when it damages the batteries so yes keeping them regularly charged should allow your batteries to have a good life. Rechargable NiMH batteries are a prime example of dying when they are left dead too long between charge cycles. Emery explains all the pros and cons of each option in the video I actually made a mistake in my order and got the direct drive but it's not an issue with a fast recharge port.

if your not getting Emerald then you shouldn't have to worry about the av channels as thats an emerald thing. For Regular sabers your options are a guarded switch or your choice between an illuminated or non-illuminated AV switch (which turns on and off when the saber is on or off). I too would recommend getting FoC as it really is quite a nice feature for a sound saber to have (you can disable and mute the speaker but you can't if they arn't installed the saber)

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Joji12
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 09:55:09 PM »

its actually when batteries remain dead for a prolonged period is when it damages the batteries so yes keeping them regularly charged should allow your batteries to have a good life. Rechargable NiMH batteries are a prime example of dying when they are left dead too long between charge cycles. Emery explains all the pros and cons of each option in the video I actually made a mistake in my order and got the direct drive but it's not an issue with a fast recharge port.

if your not getting Emerald then you shouldn't have to worry about the av channels as thats an emerald thing. For Regular sabers your options are a guarded switch or your choice between an illuminated or non-illuminated AV switch (which turns on and off when the saber is on or off). I too would recommend getting FoC as it really is quite a nice feature for a sound saber to have (you can disable and mute the speaker but you can't if they arn't installed the saber)

Kk thanks. I think I'll buy an emerald 2 Channel with the colours green + Blue. My questions are, can I set FoC to Silver with the 2 Channel emerald Driver? And what AV Switch should I choose? The Channel 2, dedicated to AV Switch? I only want to use the 3 colours (Green + Blue and Arctic Blue) and I also would like to have the AV Switch illuminated only when the saber is on too.

Thanks very much Smiley)

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 02:54:00 AM »

I don't believe you can get a silver FOC as your LEDs only have blue and green (they would need all 3 colors to hit silver). Keep in mind that with the two channel it does limit you to just the two color channels where as the 4 gives you the full range of color options.

As for an AV switch watch this video and decide which option is best for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ICNfzjcBzPk

This video also helps with the ordering process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uYwJ4WpyUaM

If you really want the best answer contact Emory (Deep) at [email protected]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:32:45 AM by Choco » Logged

Sabers I own

Joji12
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »

Well thanks for the videos. Maybe I'll go with the 2 Channel and make an own channel for the AV.
But I would really like to know if the FoC Feature in Silver would work or not.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »

As Choco said, Silver won't be possible with a 2-channel driver because you need all three colours Red, Green and Blue to get Silver. Sorry for not having a positive answer on this Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Joji12
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 06:33:15 AM »

Ok, I decided to get a 4 Channel (RGB/W). Is it right, that I can write in the commentsfield if I wish the Av Switch to be on its own channel, so I will not loose any colour? I would like to keep all 4 colours. And btw how bright is an Ultrasaber in person?

Thanks

Choco
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »

When your ordering an emerald saber the AV switch options is found in the drop down menu. Simply select which option (watch the first video I linked earlier for the different AV switch options.

Dedicated - dedicates a channel to the av switch thus losing a blade channel. Don't select this if you want all 4 channels

Series - runs in parallel with a channel and will be effected by that channel's brightness

always on - Is always on even if the saber is off

you can always go for a guarded switch or a non-illuminated av switch as well.

as for brightness its bright enough that it shouldn't have too much trouble getting people's attention. many cameras my own included don't compare to how the look in person.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:31:34 AM by Choco » Logged

Sabers I own

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: