Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1134663 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4005 on: February 20, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »

The Mentalist season 4 double bill.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4006 on: February 20, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »

I remember liking those last two, but I don't know if I could listen to them now. Thousand Foot Krutch has an incredible knack for going to the absolute depths of cheese, and then unexpectedly handing out a heavy hitting rock anthem. I think their hits make up for the misses but there's definitely a lot of their output that I can live without.

However, I would also say they're towards the top of their genre.

Yeah, they do have a ton of "fillers". Because of the good ones I am glad I decided to try them out though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4007 on: February 20, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »

This River is Wild - The Killers

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4008 on: February 20, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »

Current playlist cued up ready to listen to:

Morcheeba - The Sea
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCS25z18pI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCS25z18pI</a>

Portishead - Sour Times
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gutsi1uT4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gutsi1uT4</a>

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74</a>

Lisa Stansfield
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYpHXCumII" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYpHXCumII</a>

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #4009 on: February 20, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »

Captain America: Civil War

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4010 on: February 20, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »

Broken City - Audioslave

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4011 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:25 PM »

Dracula by Coppola ... One word: Perfect

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4012 on: February 20, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »

Dracula by Coppola ... One word: Perfect

I know people always complain about Keanu in it. And while he's not great (his accent was awful) there are very few actors who would look great next to Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4013 on: February 20, 2017, 08:53:13 PM »

I know people always complain about Keanu in it. And while he's not great (his accent was awful) there are very few actors who would look great next to Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins.

Keanu makes more than the job ... the rest of the casting is perfect, the photography, the direction ... everything is perfect ...

And the Music ... OMG the music!!!!!

PERRRRFFFFEEEECCCCTTTTTTTTTTT  Grin

PS: from my non English speaker point of view, i have nothing to say about Keanu accent  Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4014 on: February 20, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »

Keanu makes more than the job ... the rest of the casting is perfect, the photography, the direction ... everything is perfect ...

And the Music ... OMG the music!!!!!

PERRRRFFFFEEEECCCCTTTTTTTTTTT  Grin
Agreed. Like I said before, they did such an amazing job with the movie they haven't seriously tried doing another Dracula movie since.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4015 on: February 20, 2017, 09:00:08 PM »

Agreed. Like I said before, they did such an amazing job with the movie they haven't seriously tried doing another Dracula movie since.

Exception of Dracula 3000, Dracula Untold ... LOL

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4016 on: February 20, 2017, 09:01:45 PM »

Exception of Dracula 3000, Dracula Untold ... LOL
like I said "serious" attempt.

Elsewhere, The Phantom Menace is on. Shortly before the pod race and just about to talk about *sigh* midicholrians. I think I may watch the rest of it, because lightsabers and Darth Maul.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4017 on: February 20, 2017, 09:05:11 PM »

Elsewhere, The Phantom Menace is on. Shortly before the pod race and just about to talk about *sigh* midicholrians. I think I may watch the rest of it, because lightsabers and Darth Maul.
That's always the reason I hang in there when I watch it.  Cheesy  In fact, Darth Maul, Qui Gonn Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi are the only reason I watch it.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4018 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08:46 PM »

Grin

I love also the visuals of Coruscant, Naboo and Tatooine ... I loved the music ... in fact, i rally like this movie Wink

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4019 on: February 20, 2017, 09:12:42 PM »

That's always the reason I hang in there when I watch it.  Cheesy  In fact, Darth Maul, Qui Gonn Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi are the only reason I watch it.
As a Star Trek fan, I am able and used to embracing bad movies in my franchise and as we all know, there have been some truly AWFUL Trek movies. And yet, Trek fans embrace the bad with the good. Contrast that with (some) Star Wars fans who occasionally get really defensive of the criticisms of the prequels.

Yes, they aren't as good as the original trilogy, but there is still enjoyable stuff in there. And when something bad/annoying happens on screen or someone says a line of cheesy dialogue, just accept it and move on with a wry shake of the head

I love also the visuals of Coruscant, Naboo and Tatooine ... I loved the music ... in fact, i rally like this movie Wink
John Williams just does NOT do bad music. And they are a lot of great visuals throughout.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: