Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED Swap  (Read 1849 times)
CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« on: November 19, 2023, 04:04:00 AM »

I have a silver free initiate with a blue blade and a second free initiate with a white blade -so they don't match (::eye twitch Roll Eyes.  My mystery box Dominix v4 with came with a blue blade which made me feel odd having a Sith looking hilt with a Jedi looking color.  I have no right to complain; these are good benefits/lucky pulls - but the colors were...well, "wrong."   

I took a look at the LED parts for sale on the US webpage.  I noticed that these blades all had the same/swapable LED model.  So, despite my nerves about ruining 2 perfectly good sabers, I bought some connecters on Amazon and swapped the white LED from the free initiate and the blue LED in my Dominix.  I am pleased to say that I was successful! 

The process was straight forward and relatively simple.  The LEDs connect via 2 wires (red and black).  This was true with both my free initiate (no sound) and the Dominix v4 (sound; Obsidian Light I believe).  There was a generous extra length of wire in each of the sabers.  I clipped the wires and added the connectors.  Now I can easily swap them at any time without tape or tools.  These are the connectors that I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PRZMYD4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I guess that the moral of this story is that I shouldn’t have let my nerves delay the “procedure.”  I grant it is not complex, but I am not exactly an engineer!  I encourage folks to play around with modifications if you feel comfortable 😊

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: