Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blaster Block Settings?  (Read 5071 times)
SilentbutD3dly
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

"The dark side? I've been there. Do your worst."

« on: March 31, 2015, 05:14:18 AM »

Hello saberforum! I have been thinking about this for a while now. Several saber fonts I have include blaster sounds, and I was wondering if anyone had found settings for the lockup effect that mimics a blaster block well.
Please let me know what these settings are if you have any ideas!  Grin

Qu Rahn "Your first test awaits. Kyle, don't give in to hate"
Kyle "Don't give in to... What kind of help is that?"

Light side points please Cheesy
Owned: Phantasm Initiate V3 Stunt in Consular Green and Guardian Blue
Dark Initiate v4 in Consular Green with Obsidian Sound (Sent in for 4 channel Emerald)

knx cobra
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:28 AM »

I know there are some fonts that have the blaster fire followed by block/defection, could tell you more when i get home

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »

Hello saberforum! I have been thinking about this for a while now. Several saber fonts I have include blaster sounds, and I was wondering if anyone had found settings for the lockup effect that mimics a blaster block well.
Please let me know what these settings are if you have any ideas!  Grin

I use the Blaster Block sound in some of my sound font settings; however, I have 2 issues:

1.  I haven't figured out if you can limit the lockup sound, i.e. blaster block, to 1 play.  I think not.  Due to this, the blaster block plays repeatedly, and if you have lockup effects on, the blade flashes constantly.  If we could limit the effect to one play (not continuous),  I think we could get away with one flash.  There is no option for delaying the flash though, it initiates at the beginning of the sound file, so it would look weird for the blade to flash on blast, and then not on deflection (block).

2.  Due to the limitations of #1, I turn off lockup effects in the configuration settings when I use the blaster block effect.  There still remains the issue of unlimited replay of the sound though.  One solution here, would be to lengthen the blaster block sound file (provide 2 secs after the deflection) to provide enough time to turn off the effect before re-initiation of the sound file.  To the best of my knowledge, none of the blaster block sound files have a silent tail to them, so all re-initiate too quickly.  The is most likely because they might not have been designed to run on the obsidian soundboard.

Anyways, those are my two cents.

max

SilentbutD3dly
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:20:47 PM »

I use the Blaster Block sound in some of my sound font settings; however, I have 2 issues:

1.  I haven't figured out if you can limit the lockup sound, i.e. blaster block, to 1 play.  I think not.  Due to this, the blaster block plays repeatedly, and if you have lockup effects on, the blade flashes constantly.  If we could limit the effect to one play (not continuous),  I think we could get away with one flash.  There is no option for delaying the flash though, it initiates at the beginning of the sound file, so it would look weird for the blade to flash on blast, and then not on deflection (block).

2.  Due to the limitations of #1, I turn off lockup effects in the configuration settings when I use the blaster block effect.  There still remains the issue of unlimited replay of the sound though.  One solution here, would be to lengthen the blaster block sound file (provide 2 secs after the deflection) to provide enough time to turn off the effect before re-initiation of the sound file.  To the best of my knowledge, none of the blaster block sound files have a silent tail to them, so all re-initiate too quickly.  The is most likely because they might not have been designed to run on the obsidian soundboard.

Anyways, those are my two cents.

max

Ahh, your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tips! Maybe in the future, US could make an option in the obsidian launcher to have a blaster block instead of a blade lockup.

Dark Initiate v4 in Consular Green with Obsidian Sound (Sent in for 4 channel Emerald)

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:53:06 PM »

Yeah, that would be great!  It usually requires a second button to be installed though, and that would have to be considered in the designs.  I have seen some great examples of seamless integration, for instance in certain graflex models, the card is the activation switch (on/off) and the clamp is an auxillary button.  You'd never know just by looking at the saber!

SilentbutD3dly
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 02:05:25 AM »

Yeah, that would be great!  It usually requires a second button to be installed though, and that would have to be considered in the designs.  I have seen some great examples of seamless integration, for instance in certain graflex models, the card is the activation switch (on/off) and the clamp is an auxillary button.  You'd never know just by looking at the saber!

I actually meant having an option in the Obsidian launcher that replaces the lockup with a blaster block, thus leaving the beauty of having only one button.

maxjive
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »

Yeah, that would make it more convenient.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: