Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Vintage Justice League  (Read 939 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: April 10, 2019, 11:55:53 AM »

The Justice League we needed. But not the one we deserved. I know some people may say Adam West should be in there rather than Keaton. However, Keaton is far darker, hence me thinking he is the better option.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »

You forgot Spiderman.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

The Justice League we needed. But not the one we deserved. I know some people may say Adam West should be in there rather than Keaton. However, Keaton is far darker, hence me thinking he is the better option.

Never Understood why people want to put west there.  Reeve's superman may have had Campiness in it but he never played it campy. 

By Alex Ross (Comic Artist god)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:40 PM »

Never Understood why people want to put west there.  Reeve's superman may have had Campiness in it but he never played it campy. 
Reeve's Superman was not campy. It had some typical 70s elements in it, but they took the movie seriously. Adam West's Batman was HUGELY campy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I LOVED West's Batman. It's iconic. But it wouldn't fit with the other heroes in that photo. Plus, as light and bright as the others are Keaton's darkness would be perfect.

By Alex Ross (Comic Artist god)
Yeah, Alex Ross is a god when it comes to his comic book paintings. Each one is a legitimate work of art. I need to get the coffee table book that collects his artwork. Also, I have his Joker/Harley Quinn picture as a large canvas print on wooden frame in my bedroom. Looks amazing.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »

Reeve's Superman was not campy. It had some typical 70s elements in it, but they took the movie seriously. Adam West's Batman was HUGELY campy. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I LOVED West's Batman. It's iconic. But it wouldn't fit with the other heroes in that photo. Plus, as light and bright as the others are Keaton's darkness would be perfect.
Yeah, Alex Ross is a god when it comes to his comic book paintings. Each one is a legitimate work of art. I need to get the coffee table book that collects his artwork. Also, I have his Joker/Harley Quinn picture as a large canvas print on wooden frame in my bedroom. Looks amazing.

There were campy elements to it, not a lot, but enough for people who want to talk against it latch onto.  Mostly involving Otis.  I personally strongly dislike Wests Batman and really wish it wasn't as popular as it was...but thats just me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »

There were campy elements to it, not a lot, but enough for people who want to talk against it latch onto.  Mostly involving Otis. 
I suppose it depends on what people mean by "camp". For me Adam West and the original Star Trek are camp. But that's just me.

I personally strongly dislike Wests Batman and really wish it wasn't as popular as it was...but thats just me.
Really? That's interesting. Are you not a fan of shark repellent bat spray?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »

I suppose it depends on what people mean by "camp". For me Adam West and the original Star Trek are camp. But that's just me.
Really? That's interesting. Are you not a fan of shark repellent bat spray?

No..No I'm not.  Not. One. Bit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: