Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1289088 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2013, 05:45:43 AM »

I've learnt the hard way the value of saving regularly, and saving copies to multiple locations. So I feel your pain.
had a near miss once, used to keep all my uni work saved to my external hdd coz id work between my laptop and my desktop. One day the external hdd stopped working. Boy was I panicked, coz that woulda been 3 years of uni work down the drain, plus what I was working on that semester lost. We ripped it apart, pulled the USB and power supply adapter off and plugged it directly into the motherboard like you do a normal hdd- and hey presto it worked! Now I keep duplicates on my desktop, notebook, a USB stick and every now and then burn it all onto backup discs... Overkill I know!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #556 on: August 11, 2013, 07:08:31 AM »

I've learnt the hard way the value of saving regularly, and saving copies to multiple locations. So I feel your pain.
had a near miss once, used to keep all my uni work saved to my external hdd coz id work between my laptop and my desktop. One day the external hdd stopped working. Boy was I panicked, coz that woulda been 3 years of uni work down the drain, plus what I was working on that semester lost. We ripped it apart, pulled the USB and power supply adapter off and plugged it directly into the motherboard like you do a normal hdd- and hey presto it worked! Now I keep duplicates on my desktop, notebook, a USB stick and every now and then burn it all onto backup discs... Overkill I know!

In my line of work, my dear, there's no such thing as overkill...  Cool

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #557 on: August 11, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

Dear BioWare,
next time you decide to consolidate your servers on an mmorpg by getting rid of the Asia pacific servers and making us move to the American servers, DON'T!
85 seconds of lag is unacceptable and funnily enough boots us from the server.
and regularly getting 5-15 seconds lag makes the game unplayable.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #558 on: August 11, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »

Dear BioWare,
next time you decide to consolidate your servers on an mmorpg by getting rid of the Asia pacific servers and making us move to the American servers, DON'T!
85 seconds of lag is unacceptable and funnily enough boots us from the server.
and regularly getting 5-15 seconds lag makes the game unplayable.

I've noticed I've been getting that too, it's frustrating. (You're talking about SWTOR right?)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »

So I was a theater major in college, even got an Associate's Degree in Art because of it.  Then I got working in the real world and such doing other things.  Anyway eight years have passed since I was in a play and I decided to try out at a professional theater close by.  They only hold auditions once a year.  And.....I think I blew it.  I was nervous and couldn't focus, the words for my monologue wouldn't come out the way I wanted them to, I think I rushed through it too fast.  Eight years is a long time and I don't thing I prepared well enough.  I used to be so good at theater too,  now I'm just....frustrated and feeling old.  I think I feel a little like Kirk at the Beginning of WoK.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #560 on: August 12, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »

I've noticed I've been getting that too, it's frustrating. (You're talking about SWTOR right?)

yer swtor. Its been getting worse over last few days constantly seeing complaints on harbinger about lag (and complaints about the consolidation), but last night we gave up all together, got so bad it was unplayable

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #561 on: August 12, 2013, 12:51:30 AM »

So I was a theater major in college, even got an Associate's Degree in Art because of it.  Then I got working in the real world and such doing other things.  Anyway eight years have passed since I was in a play and I decided to try out at a professional theater close by.  They only hold auditions once a year.  And.....I think I blew it.  I was nervous and couldn't focus, the words for my monologue wouldn't come out the way I wanted them to, I think I rushed through it too fast.  Eight years is a long time and I don't thing I prepared well enough.  I used to be so good at theater too,  now I'm just....frustrated and feeling old.  I think I feel a little like Kirk at the Beginning of WoK.

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience in high school. Got nervous and blew my audition for Rep. Needless to say, I didn't make it. Thee worst part of it was that I was in rep at my old school, so by all rights, I should have been in that class. I think my drama teacher just didn't like me, though.

Haven't really got the chance to act since, but college is just around the corner! Cheesy

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #562 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:03 AM »

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience in high school. Got nervous and blew my audition for Rep. Needless to say, I didn't make it. Thee worst part of it was that I was in rep at my old school, so by all rights, I should have been in that class. I think my drama teacher just didn't like me, though.

Haven't really got the chance to act since, but college is just around the corner! Cheesy

Hopefully you can pick it back up in college, don't get discouraged by one set back.  I can always audition again next year, and I can try out for some of the plays done by the community theaters around where I live for practice. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #563 on: August 12, 2013, 02:06:26 AM »

I've always wanted to try acting, maybe even as a career, but I never have. Guess I just don't know where to start.

yer swtor. Its been getting worse over last few days constantly seeing complaints on harbinger about lag (and complaints about the consolidation), but last night we gave up all together, got so bad it was unplayable

Yeah, I know. I logged in last week for the first time in months, and noticed there were less servers. They consolidated them all, and now they have HUGE populations. I'm wondering if the European servers might have less population and play better?

Honestly, I think SWTOR is a failure. It'll be dead in a year or so.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #564 on: August 12, 2013, 02:49:03 AM »

I've always wanted to try acting, maybe even as a career, but I never have. Guess I just don't know where to start.

Yeah, I know. I logged in last week for the first time in months, and noticed there were less servers. They consolidated them all, and now they have HUGE populations. I'm wondering if the European servers might have less population and play better?

Honestly, I think SWTOR is a failure. It'll be dead in a year or so.

I love playing the game, I really enjoy it, but here in Oz we always suffer big lag if we are on servers outside of the Asia Pacific, regardless of what we are playing- Xbox live can be pretty bad playing COD, gears of war etc somedays. Its just frustrating. Apparently part of that is coz our internet in Oz sucks.
 And I don't get it, I was on Dalborra before and it was always decently populated so why did they have to get rid of it  Undecided if it doesn't improve I'll stop playing- when you've just been killed by a couple of piddly rakghoul several levels lower that you'd usually walk through because you've got 15 secs server lag its really annoying

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #565 on: August 14, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:05:04 AM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #566 on: August 14, 2013, 01:38:19 AM »

i ride a scooter.. its the slow one...i top out t about 38 mph with me on it.. -.-..... however the signs say 50mph LIMIT!!!   not minimum50mph..   plus i leave room for people to make the correctly spaced lane changes....    but that dont mean you gotta drive HALF WAY IN MY LANE WHILE PASSING ME YOU DAG GUM #$^^   #$@#@  @#$@#$@%!!!!!   have had 5 cars close enough i could have reached out and knocked on the window....... really starting to rethink my lug-nut idea.... >.>....... get to close ill peg a lug-nut through your back window....  have at it boys... LEARN TO DRIVE FLORIDA!!!!!   i know one thing, ill have a camera rolling in the next month, and all that film is gonna go straight to the sub station... im sure ill get a few cops on tape  not using their turn signals too.. witch seems to be the new thing this year in FL... i can see 10 cars on my way around.. 9-10 of them wont use the signal once... NOT EVEN IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!!!..... yea im having an anxiety attack over this... im pretty sure those that have bikes know the feeling... i know im slow on my 49cc scooty puff Jr...... but come on people!.. i got just as much right to be on the road as you!...

and that's what grinds my gears.. back to you forumites!!!         RPG's for all non-drivers!!!!!!

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #567 on: August 14, 2013, 03:42:53 AM »

i ride a scooter.. its the slow one...i top out t about 38 mph with me on it.. -.-..... however the signs say 50mph LIMIT!!!   not minimum50mph..   plus i leave room for people to make the correctly spaced lane changes....    but that dont mean you gotta drive HALF WAY IN MY LANE WHILE PASSING ME YOU DAG GUM #$^^   #$@#@  @#$@#$@%!!!!!   have had 5 cars close enough i could have reached out and knocked on the window....... really starting to rethink my lug-nut idea.... >.>....... get to close ill peg a lug-nut through your back window....  have at it boys... LEARN TO DRIVE FLORIDA!!!!!   i know one thing, ill have a camera rolling in the next month, and all that film is gonna go straight to the sub station... im sure ill get a few cops on tape  not using their turn signals too.. witch seems to be the new thing this year in FL... i can see 10 cars on my way around.. 9-10 of them wont use the signal once... NOT EVEN IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!!!..... yea im having an anxiety attack over this... im pretty sure those that have bikes know the feeling... i know im slow on my 49cc scooty puff Jr...... but come on people!.. i got just as much right to be on the road as you!...

and that's what grinds my gears.. back to you forumites!!!         RPG's for all non-drivers!!!!!!

That's why if you're riding something on two wheels it needs to go fast. For some reason motorists have no respect for motorcycles and scooters. I don't think they realize that while if they have a fenderbender it's no big deal, if we have a wreck of that same magnitude it could severely maim or kill us.

I can't tell you how many times speed has saved my life on my bike.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #568 on: August 14, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »

cant i just attach that eBay special james bond RPG mount it to the front and let her rip???   i would love to see people getting hard punishments for small driver error.. like if they obviously dont care t use the signals and such.... they should get their lic taken for a month.. i mean, its in the drivers test and everything... people just dont care about others, point blank... (this forum not included in that)

when i do get my real bike.. imma be one of those guys that will hang back and follow you to your house, then flatten your tires when you go inside.. eat that you non drivin mothah frackers!   i obey the laws.. and get in more trouble then others... so yea, i really..REALLY hate those that blatantly disregard the rules... Especially when they are simple... -.-.... really makes me want to hurt them.. mortally..... like.. pull up at the light and drop a grenade in their lap, waving as i ride away and let it BOOOOM of sweet revenge happen...

but i dont as that would just be dumb for me to do.. at least until the zombie apocalypses happens.. then im blasting every one that gives me a strange vibe.... im really good at reading people.. i can tell about you in about 1 minute if your someone id talk to or not... if not, good by....

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »

In all fairness a speed limit is not just a suggested speed limit but a suggested flow of traffic ... Usually in most states the perceived lane difference is speed limit in fast lane and 10- less in slow lane on a highway and 5 on surface street ...so if you were going 38 while 50 other cars were going 55 and I'm in that flow of traffic I would be irritated too especially if there was a corner or turn and I don't see you...

Driving close to the speed limit is important in safe driving specifically in areas where blind corners could make the person going 10 mph under come at you a lot faster ...

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: