Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1289152 times)
Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #1335 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00:01 PM »

It was 112 when I picked up my son at 2 yesterday. I went outside to take the dogs out at 10 and it was 85 lol

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1336 on: August 20, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »

Where are you?

Central Oklahoma.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1337 on: August 20, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

Shut up and love it. I hate being cold.

I'm with Groovi. I'd rather suffer through the heat than suffer through the cold. Ah, screw it. What does he know? He's livin' in paradise. Tongue

Don't tell what weather to prefer good sir!

I get uncomfortably warm WAY before I ever get uncomfortably cold. Mid 70's is pushing it for me, sweat my butt off. Anything above about 25, I don't even close my jacket, which I don't even need because I'm fine in a hoodie at those temps. I wear only a flannel shirt as outerwear until it drops into the 30's.

As comfortable as they are, I'm tired of having to wear flip flops all the time, just to avoid changing my socks 3 times a day!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1338 on: August 20, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

Don't tell what weather to prefer good sir!
Don't you tell me what to love, bro.  I do what I want!  Bundle up, buttercup. 

I'm just giving you guys crap. You know I luv ya. I live in Northern Indiana. The summers are for the most part great. The winters aren't terrible, they can get excessively cold in spurts, but all the kriffing snow. UGH! Have I ever told you how much I hate snow.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1339 on: August 20, 2015, 08:48:46 PM »

I'm just giving you guys crap. You know I luv ya. I live in Northern Indiana. The summers are for the most part great. The winters aren't terrible, they can get excessively cold in spurts, but all the kriffing snow. UGH! Have I ever told you how much I hate snow.

I'm a snowboarder, hence I love snow. Though I could certainly do without driving in it, once the road clears I'm good.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1340 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »

I'm a snowboarder, hence I love snow. Though I could certainly due without driving in it, once the road clears I'm good.

That's my story growing up. Once snow became a chore, I wanted nothing to do it. It became the enemy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1341 on: August 20, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »

That's my story growing up. Once snow became a chore, I wanted nothing to do it. It became the enemy.

Honestly, I felt like that until I took up riding a few years ago. I loved it when I was kid, for the same reason every kid loves it; NO SCHOOL AND I GET TO PLAY IN IT! But as an adult, it doesn't get you out of going to work, unless you're lucky and have vacation/personal time to use(but really, who wants to use that on snow instead of an actual vacation), but it sure does make your commute suck more than usual.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1342 on: August 20, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Honestly, I felt like that until I took up riding a few years ago. I loved it when I was kid, for the same reason every kid loves it; NO SCHOOL AND I GET TO PLAY IN IT! But as an adult, it doesn't get you out of going to work, unless you're lucky and have vacation/personal time to use(but really, who wants to use that on snow instead of an actual vacation), but it sure does make your commute suck more than usual.

Actually, it makes the drive all the more exciting and potentially fun. At least it would be if it weren't for all the idiots on the road that freak out cuz it's a little slick. Whoopty F##### Doo. Know your vehicle, pay attention, and get off the damn phone.

I don't who said it first, but Rhianna has a song called "Shut Up and Drive".

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1343 on: August 20, 2015, 10:03:07 PM »

Actually, it makes the drive all the more exciting and potentially fun. At least it would be if it weren't for all the idiots on the road that freak out cuz it's a little slick. Whoopty F##### Doo. Know your vehicle, pay attention, and get off the damn phone.

I don't who said it first, but Rhianna has a song called "Shut Up and Drive".

People don't know how to drive in snow, it's amazing really. We don't see it here in PA for a whole six months, and it's like "OH MY GOD WHAT'S THIS WHITE STUFF ALL OVER THE PLACE FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!!!!!!!" I personally love the people who slow down to nearly a crawl, on the highway, every time a little snow starts to fall, even though it isn't sticking to the road but just making it a little wet. Keep in mind these are the same people that nearly hydroplane across multiple lanes because they refuse to slow down when it's raining.

(Sig by me!)

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1344 on: August 20, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »

I'd have no idea how to properly drive in snow, living in a desert and all.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1345 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »

I'd have no idea how to properly drive in snow, living in a desert and all.

I grew up in MD.  My first year of driving was 1978.  It was the year of a blizzard that hit almost the entire east coast.  My Dad took me out, late one night, to an empty mall parking lot.  At that time, there was about 6-8 in on the pavement.  He turned the wheel over to me and for the next 3 hrs. , we did power skids, skid recovery, learning speed and stopping distances, travel distance, getting "un-stuck",yadda, yadda.  To this day, I have never had a snow mishap while driving and I had PLENTY of opportunities!  Now, not so much. Wink (Where are those darned palm tree emoticons?) Cool

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1346 on: August 21, 2015, 12:19:23 AM »

I grew up in MD.  My first year of driving was 1978.  It was the year of a blizzard that hit almost the entire east coast.  My Dad took me out, late one night, to an empty mall parking lot.  At that time, there was about 6-8 in on the pavement.  He turned the wheel over to me and for the next 3 hrs. , we did power skids, skid recovery, learning speed and stopping distances, travel distance, getting "un-stuck",yadda, yadda.  To this day, I have never had a snow mishap while driving and I had PLENTY of opportunities!  Now, not so much. Wink (Where are those darned palm tree emoticons?) Cool

If it ever snows here at least I know how to practice.
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1347 on: August 21, 2015, 02:42:34 AM »

I got stuck in the snow for the first time ever this year(note: Chrysler Pacifica 2WD models DO NOT handle well in snow). My little Dodge Neon did pretty well, but this was my first winter without it. We'll see how my little ZX2 handles, if I don't get my truck I'm planning to purchase by then.

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1348 on: August 21, 2015, 04:51:03 AM »

. . . what's snow?   Wink

The few times I've been to Canada and it's been horribly cold, I've loved it.  I could dig actually HAVING a "winter" here. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1349 on: August 21, 2015, 05:46:33 AM »

. . . what's snow?   Wink

The few times I've been to Canada and it's been horribly cold, I've loved it.  I could dig actually HAVING a "winter" here.  

I'd never trade fall and winter for anything. I don't think I'd ever go further south than North Carolina for that reason, and I'd probably not like it there either.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: