Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1300651 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2430 on: May 12, 2016, 04:26:51 PM »

"Goth Vader"

Love it

And what's up with parents not wanting their female children to like Darth Vader, anyway?  Come on, now.   Wink  Cheesy

Yeah. He's strong, powerful, doesn't take anyone's shell. I don't see the problem.

I've made it known in the past that I have no taste for.......tough (I guess is the word) women. I prefer them to be feminine. Well I've found a mix that breaks all that.

Same woman. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When I first saw her in Deadpool, I was seriously taken aback. Here was a woman that is strong and athletic (read: easily able to kick my ass), yet still feminine and curvy, and everything I like in a woman's appearance. One aspect of her doesn't cancel out the other. Yet again, another prime example of how balance is the best solution.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2431 on: May 12, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »

Exactly the point and photos about balance that I was trying to make !   +1 for you Logos.   Cheesy

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2432 on: May 12, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »

When it comes to female MMA fighters, I prefer Miesha Tate over Ronda Rousey or Gina Carano. I find her simply stunning.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2433 on: May 12, 2016, 11:55:39 PM »

Carano is awesome; I'm also a fan of 12 Gauge.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2434 on: May 13, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »

Someone should really start a thread about attractive celebrities/fighter/people because I really love seeing everyone's preferences.

Just sayin'!

On the venting front, my 30 minute nap turned into a 2 hour one and I'm all groggy now, but without any kriffs to give.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2435 on: May 13, 2016, 12:12:21 AM »

Someone should really start a thread about attractive celebrities/fighter/people because I really love seeing everyone's preferences.

Just sayin'!

Done Grin

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30916.0

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2436 on: May 13, 2016, 05:36:19 PM »

I've been looking for an additional part-time job so I can justify my spending habits on all things related to Star Wars, and I just got the "you're overqualified and too educated for this position" speech.  I have never gotten that in my life and I thought it was a myth.  But the funny thing is that the job I'm "overqualified" for is literally the one that shows up six times on my resume. 

Yes, it's kind of a routine and easy job, but that's why I like it?  There's not a lot of stress that goes with it and that's what I want.  I mean, I would think a company would want to hire someone who has done it before, so I'm confused, but hey, whatever.

The interviewer was kind of condescending about it, too.  Why did you even waste your time interviewing me?  I guess next time I'm interviewed for this position, I'll just walk up in there like:

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2437 on: May 13, 2016, 06:24:06 PM »

I've gotten that excuse once before, it's always felt like a cop out.
I know it's been used before when they had someone else in mind, but didn't have any real reason to not hire the person.

Perhaps add lightsaber wielder to your card.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2438 on: May 13, 2016, 08:53:45 PM »

I've been looking for an additional part-time job so I can justify my spending habits on all things related to Star Wars, and I just got the "you're overqualified and too educated for this position" speech.  I have never gotten that in my life and I thought it was a myth.  But the funny thing is that the job I'm "overqualified" for is literally the one that shows up six times on my resume. 

Yes, it's kind of a routine and easy job, but that's why I like it?  There's not a lot of stress that goes with it and that's what I want.  I mean, I would think a company would want to hire someone who has done it before, so I'm confused, but hey, whatever.

The interviewer was kind of condescending about it, too.  Why did you even waste your time interviewing me?  I guess next time I'm interviewed for this position, I'll just walk up in there like:

That right there was the reason I had so much trouble getting my first job out of grad school.  All the entry level stuff I was "overqualified" for because I had an MBA and all the stuff that an MBA should do, I was underqualified for because I had no experience.  They automatically assume you're a "flight risk" of sorts, that you'll bolt at the first opportunity for something better, so they shouldn't bother you, and they don't believe one word of what you tell them.

Very screwed up and annoying.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with it too.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #2439 on: May 13, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »

Apparently the greatness of our human race is not how we arrange our resources.
I've also got this "you're overqualified"-crap from the HR droids even if they have seen my CV before the interview. There are some serious hypnosis going around making them believe that one is only willing to and can only do what he/she is the best at. Like being the "best" meant the highest level of training.
I left my profession nearly ten years ago and thanks to that the world opened up for me to explore. And to realize that human potential is just wasted in an amusing rate by the current world economy system.
Simply there is no economic need for so many skills and interests people have to offer. Instead we have to play a musical chair game along blurry "values" and listen to these (and other kind of) excuses on interviews.
For years now I have been working well "below" my qualifications however the the set of skills needed to to the job is much wider and leaves a lot of room to learn. Ok, on every interview I have to prove how "enthusiastically" I'm willing to give up my professional career and how certainly I have no desire to return to it in the next X+1 years (employers like to claim my entire future without paying me a penny, LOL).
The non-standard life is full of experiences similar to a Salvador Dali painting...

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2440 on: May 13, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »

I should have been born at a different time. Maybe I'd have a job then. Yeah, merc protecting covered wagons.  Grin

You know the old saying. "Have gun, will travel."

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2441 on: May 13, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »

I once got the "We'll hire you, but only if you quit your other part time job, as we don't want a scheduling conflict...."

Sure, I'll quit that so I can work the same 20 hour week, only for less pay. What part of SECOND job don't you understand?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2442 on: May 13, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »

I worked in my prior retail life for some managers that demanded pretty much total control over your schedule, and had zero flexibility.

Except for the people that the manager liked.  Everyone else was screwed.

I can't even get into the worst thing that manager did to me scheduling-wise on the forum, because it would violate some rules.  But let's just say this guy figured out the #1 way to create an upsetting schedule.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2443 on: May 13, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »

I worked in my prior retail life for some managers that demanded pretty much total control over your schedule, and had zero flexibility.

Except for the people that the manager liked.  Everyone else was screwed.

I can't even get into the worst thing that manager did to me scheduling-wise on the forum, because it would violate some rules.  But let's just say this guy figured out the #1 way to create an upsetting schedule.

Yeah, I love that! Sure, I'll not pay my car bill this month, just cause you're a jerk. It's fine. I actually once got told by a DM "You can't work another job while you work for us, because it makes it harder for Bob(the store manager) to make the schedule if everyone's availabilty isn't completely open." Meanwhile I was being scheduled a measly 10 hours per week.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2444 on: May 13, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »

The thing that gets me about this whole mess is that I very literally only want 20 hours (or less) a week in a low responsibility job that won't try to make me go full time.  I don't want benefits.  I don't want certain hours.  I don't even require high pay.  I don't want to "move up" or "have a career" at any of these places.  I just want a crappy little job to earn some extra cash because while training/editing does pay the bills, it's unstable work at times and I would like to have a windfall in case clients evaporate, as they have in the past.

The last job I interviewed for, the woman sat back in her chair, folded her fingers and said in an oddly suspicious voice, "You're very articulate."  And just stared at me.

What the kriff was that all about?  Did she think I was with the FBI of Grammatical Interventions or something?

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: