Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1302026 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #5340 on: October 03, 2017, 04:38:59 AM »

I am officially depressed. I took the dog out Saturday night, and......................................I SAW MY BREATH.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Lucky. We’re still getting +20C afternoons. Cry

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5341 on: October 03, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »

Getting more and more frustrated...bought some new components (CPU, MB, RAM, Graphics Card) for my computer back in August and let my vendor install them together with Win 10.
Three days later, after completing program installation and testing my joystick, my HDD crashed (don't know if it was a head crash or an electronics problem). Two words - Murphy's Law, as my latest backup was saved on that particular disc.
Still waiting for a result if my vendor can recover some of the data, he hasn't found the right model for parts swapping yet. No comment on that, I'm fully aware that this is a no-go in IT business Undecided I only did that because of time-saving - my internal HDD was faster than my external ones.

Almost two months later, namely today, I paused a game for a coffee break. That lasted only about half an hour, but when I returned, my screen was black.
First, I didn't saw that as an issue, it goes into power save mode quite fast. So I turned it on, and saw - nothing. Did a reset, worked fine in the first seconds, then some of the pixels on the desktop flashed green and the whole computer hung.
Tried different repair modes (none of them worked), a system recovery via a recovery point (didn't really work either as it hung again after the Windows loading screen) and after that, the "Save Mode".
With that, I got a low-res desktop (of course), but couldn't really figure out what was wrong with my system. I got some weird error from Sticky Notes that they couldn't be opened in that Admin account I was using, but that's it. After restarting, I ran into the same problem again.
It worked fine until the Windows loading screen, then the Graphics Card fan returned into Idle Mode and the screen gave me a "No signal" message. I'm pretty sure Windows didn't load completely either. In some cases, after the loading screen but before the "No signal" message, I see some weird white line patterns on the screen...

I really suspect the Graphics Card to be the issue when trying to do high-res calculations as the low-res desktop in Save Mode worked. It's probably not Windows, because of the same reason...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5342 on: October 03, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »

You're a sith!  Improvise!  ;-)
Ok................

You know what's really wrong with the universe? Jedi. Everywhere I go, kriffing Jedi. Always messing up my plans cuz they don't get it. Always spewing their dogmatic views of balance and bull$#!%. Somebody needs to do something about them.

You know what I am sick about: that dude that stood up and called out the shooter in the last Vegas shooting, and all the opinions that follow. Some people praise him! Why?? Cuz he stood up to a shooter? Grab some people and help get them out safely, or do the best you can.. don't make it all about you.

And furthermore, the person filming....you know what, I can't vent anymore.. just cuz I'll never stop. My bitter hate towards those who have the itch to broadcast everything, I just can't.. it's why I don't have social media. I can't stand those who post their lives, nor can I stand those who give their opinions, but can't take another's opinion.

Like the NFL players protest. Congratulations, you kneeled. Wtf are you doing about it though? Are you really making a difference?? No! So stop being little immature brats, and stand up. Unless you actively go and speak up and make a difference in your community, to your president, to whoever, stop! Merely putting a camera on you doesn't make your cause significant. Your fight isn't worth s#$& if you don't act.

So, in closing, it's one thing to be brave in front of a camera when everyone is looking, and it's another thing to do brave things when no one is around to Pat you on the back. That's bravery, to me...
I feel you. People in general suck. That's why I can only take them in small doses called 'persons'. Let the idiots praise mediocrity. It's 2017 and people still think a HS diploma is a huge accomplishment.

And as far as "professional" athletes are concerned....they're nothing but a bunch of bitchy spoiled brats. "WHAH! I get paid obscene amounts of money to play a GAME, and that's not good enough." F@#$ them.

Lucky. We’re still getting +20C afternoons. Cry
Thankfully I'm not seeing it in the daylight yet. Seriously. How did you survive Florida being as averse to heat as you are?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5343 on: October 03, 2017, 06:31:46 PM »

Thankfully I'm not seeing it in the daylight yet. Seriously. How did you survive Florida being as averse to heat as you are?

It was not fun. A very harsh climate. Tongue

Tons of water and getting a few bits of AC throughout the day. And lots of water parks and swimming. There was a really cool wave pool that shot 6ft waves every minute or two. I went out to where I couldn’t touch the bottom anymore and chilled with the huge waves for an hour. That was probably the highlight of the trip.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5344 on: October 03, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

How did you survive Florida being as averse to heat as you are?

Probably same why I've been surviving in Florida for the last 6 years... Lots of AC.  I'm from MS so I'm no stranger to heat in the summer...but at least there are actual seasons.  Florida never changes.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5345 on: October 03, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »

It was not fun. A very harsh climate. Tongue

Tons of water and getting a few bits of AC throughout the day. And lots of water parks and swimming. There was a really cool wave pool that shot 6ft waves every minute or two. I went out to where I couldn’t touch the bottom anymore and chilled with the huge waves for an hour. That was probably the highlight of the trip.
Typhoon Lagoon?

Best times to go are early spring and late fall.

Probably same why I've been surviving in Florida for the last 6 years... Lots of AC.  I'm from MS so I'm no stranger to heat in the summer...but at least there are actual seasons.  Florida never changes.
My ex grew up in the southern part of FL. She told me stories of years when the AC was never shut off.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5346 on: October 03, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »

Typhoon Lagoon?

Yes.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5347 on: October 03, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »

Yes.
I love that wave pool. Any attraction that has potential to kill you is definitely worth visiting.

Also, my troll finally decided to turn up. Lost the first point of the day. Gotta single finger gesture for ya.

Sig by For Tyeth

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5348 on: October 03, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »

Also, my troll finally decided to turn up. Lost the first point of the day. Gotta single finger gesture for ya.

good for you! Now... FINISH HIM (dark side point for you)

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5349 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

good for you! Now... FINISH HIM (dark side point for you)

If only.

Sig by For Tyeth

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5350 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:47 PM »

So in regards to the specifics of rule 3, it is obvious not to mention other complete saber competitors.  But what about parts such as electronics, in particular sound boards?  I've seen other sound boards be discussed and the threads are still there so I am assuming that is ok.  Same thing with LEDs. What about pictures, I have seen other sabers be in collection pictures, so as long as it is not just a picture of the other saber alone, I assume that is ok too as again those threads are still there.  Just a little frustrating it doesn't seem clear and that this forum has more restrictions in this aspect as apposed to the "other guys".

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5351 on: October 04, 2017, 12:13:53 AM »

got my Anakin Boots in the mail....I guess "Extra Wide Calf" means something different.  Seriously, the zipper only came up a little past the ankle.  Do they not think people with muscular calves cosplay?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5352 on: October 04, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »

Everything. Sucks.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5353 on: October 04, 2017, 03:51:53 AM »

Everything. Sucks.
Sometimes it swallows.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5354 on: October 04, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »

Everything. Sucks.
Sometimes it swallows.

Giggity! Tongue

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: