Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1301043 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2791

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7260 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:41 PM »

Colleagues are not really happy with our new boss today, neither am I.  Want our old boss back

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7261 on: August 09, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »

Colleagues are not really happy with our new boss today, neither am I.  Want our old boss back
Was he your "old" boss for a reason?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7262 on: August 09, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »

He just got moved over to infrastructure side of the company which he was juggling that and operations.  Operations took most of his time so he made one of my colleagues the Operations Manager, I like the guy personally but he's not a very good manager. 

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7263 on: August 09, 2018, 09:21:48 PM »

He just got moved over to infrastructure side of the company which he was juggling that and operations.  Operations took most of his time so he made one of my colleagues the Operations Manager, I like the guy personally but he's not a very good manager. 

Dealing with that right now myself.  Manager is a pretty cool person...but not very focused on the business side.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #7264 on: August 09, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

I was not happy with my boos, so I strangled him in his sleep. Such is the tragedy of Darth Plagueis.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7265 on: August 09, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »

I was not happy with my boos, so I strangled him in his sleep. Such is the tragedy of Darth Plagueis.

Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7266 on: August 09, 2018, 11:48:22 PM »

Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Wouldn’t that make him the not-so-wise?

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #7267 on: August 10, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »

I hate dealing with Insurance Companies... especially Auto Insurance... you give them $2000 (hypothetical number) per year for something you hope you never use.  Pay them like clockwork, with a flawless driving record, for over 20 years... then they punish you for the one time you need to file a claim.

My wife was in a fairly minor fender bender in her 2004 Buick LeSabre on July 31st.  Young driver stopped suddenly in traffic and attempted a left turn with no signal, my wife ended up rear ending her.  I'll allow my wife may have been at fault, the collision was to the left front of her car as she swerved to not hit the girl.  The girl's insurance had expired in February.

The collision was at around 30mph, because the airbags didn't deploy.  We reported it immediately.  Insurance arranged a rental for my wife, an adjuster came out to our house to look at the car on Thursday.  fast forward to Wednesday (yesterday) I still haven't heard from the insurance company, I still have a wrecked car in the driveway, we're almost halfway through the rental agreement.  So I call, the decide that according to the adjuster there's about $3600 in damage to the car, but they want to take it to a body shop.  I've been waiting for someone to give me the next step for a week, but whatever.  They tow the car (which is perfectly drivable by the way, they just don't want it driven) to the shop, where they start tearing into it... now, since the adjuster came while no one was home, he, of course, didn't have access to the car keys, so he couldn't open the hood or get into the car.  The body shop reports the damages are in excess of $5000, so the insurance is declaring the car a total loss.

I still haven't seen a dime yet, and now we had a rental agreement that expires in 6 days, and we're having to turn our lives upside trying to find a new/used car we can afford.  Everything either has a jillion miles on it (I don't want someone elses problems) or will have payments we really cant afford. 

I'm just beyond frustrated at the whole process... I would just love for the car to be fixed and everything to be done.  I don't want to chase down cars, fight with dealers over pricing, discover how $h*tty my credit is (I'm well aware we have $h*t credit... emergency surgery when you don't have insurance sucks) and manage to go do our jobs as well...

Plus our deductible is going up, our rates are going up... 20 years as a client with a spotless record, 1 time and you're screwed...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7268 on: August 10, 2018, 12:37:03 PM »

Have you considered pulling him aside for a one-on-one conversation, laying out your expectations for him?  He may be trying the best he knows how and not realizing where he's missing the mark.  Would also give you his point of view on the situation.  Doing so privately signals that you respect his position and don't want to undermine him with colleagues.

Also, if your manager doesn't have a recognized deputy, that might be something you could take on, giving new manager a time to find his stride while the department continues to run.  That CAN look really good on a resume, too.

I've been on my current team for 5.5 years now.  I have had 6 managers in that time (some went on to other positions in our company, some just went).  My current manager is someone I trained; the benefit to that is that I laid what I expected from a manager early, and as I have experience, he's comfortable delegating items to me and letting me run with them.  I tend to view myself as the manager's XO - I'll bring problems that need his attention to him, but otherwise, I'll act as the firewall.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7269 on: August 10, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »

I hate it mean my anger is up for no apparent reason.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7270 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »

I know what that’s like... perhaps stress?

Breathe deep and remember it’s Friday

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7271 on: August 10, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »

That's pretty much everyday for me...I just look around till I find something to attach to it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7272 on: August 10, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »

Have you considered pulling him aside for a one-on-one conversation, laying out your expectations for him?  He may be trying the best he knows how and not realizing where he's missing the mark.  Would also give you his point of view on the situation.  Doing so privately signals that you respect his position and don't want to undermine him with colleagues.

Also, if your manager doesn't have a recognized deputy, that might be something you could take on, giving new manager a time to find his stride while the department continues to run.  That CAN look really good on a resume, too.

I've been on my current team for 5.5 years now.  I have had 6 managers in that time (some went on to other positions in our company, some just went).  My current manager is someone I trained; the benefit to that is that I laid what I expected from a manager early, and as I have experience, he's comfortable delegating items to me and letting me run with them.  I tend to view myself as the manager's XO - I'll bring problems that need his attention to him, but otherwise, I'll act as the firewall.

I have in the past on other things he's done and will take your tip and pull him aside for the current events. Like I said, he's a good guy, really great to work with but right now, not really good to work under.  He's learning so I take most things with a grain of salt but recently, he assigned me a ticket that was overdue so that he won't have it which would ruin my SLAs.  This is after our department meeting and him constantly sending emails about overdue tickets. 

As far as a form of management's concerned, I don't want to be in any leadership position, just want to be a tech.  I was a leader in the military and that was fine for me since we all know what to do, took and executed orders.  In the civilian world, there are so many gray areas and politics involved that I rather not partake in it. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7273 on: August 10, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »

I know what that’s like... perhaps stress?

Breathe deep and remember it’s Friday
FRELL that it's Friday. The shell has been non-stop since I walked into the office.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7274 on: August 10, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »

FRELL that it's Friday. The shell has been non-stop since I walked into the office.

I know the feeling, we have AWS (alternating work schedule) and every other Friday when I'm working such as today, it may get hectic.

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: