Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Trek discussion thread  (Read 67697 times)
firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2016, 05:20:11 PM »

New question for the group - Who is the most annoying character in Star Trek?

For me it's a toss up between Neelix and Quark, but if i HAD to choose, i would say Neelix (Quark at least had the odd funny moment and great banter with Odo).
Shut it Sith, I loved Neelix.  Cry
I actually shed a tear near the end of the episode where he tried to commit suicide.

I'd say the most annoying character to me is Seven of Nine. (Lots of Voyager, huh?)
She gets special treatment the whole series and the story even deviates to revolve around her instead of the crew, even becoming the ultimate Mary Sue, being able to solve any problem through something something this and that Borg stuff, and the only reason anybody liked her is because her actor's good looks trumped her character's shallow personality. But, what can you expect from a Borg?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2016, 05:27:08 PM »

Shut it Sith, I loved Neelix.  Cry
I actually shed a tear near the end of the episode where he tried to commit suicide.

I'd say the most annoying character to me is Seven of Nine. (Lots of Voyager, huh?)
She gets special treatment the whole series and the story even deviates to revolve around her instead of the crew, even becoming the ultimate Mary Sue, being able to solve any problem through something something this and that Borg stuff, and the only reason anybody liked her is because her actor's good looks trumped her character's shallow personality. But, what can you expect from a Borg?
i respect your opinion, but everything you mentioned seems to do more with the writing than the character/performance.
Did you really like Neelix?

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »

I was kind of leaning towards that answer myself, FW.  Considering I literally stopped watching Voyager because of her, that's a pretty good indicator.

That actress is capable of much better than what she was given in that character (when she played the Doctor, she was awesome).

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »

I was kind of leaning towards that answer myself, FW.  Considering I literally stopped watching Voyager because of her, that's a pretty good indicator.

That actress is capable of much better than what she was given in that character (when she played the Doctor, she was awesome).
i agree. she was amazing at acting as the doctor.

firewisplet
Knight Templar

« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »

i respect your opinion, but everything you mentioned seems to do more with the writing than the character/performance.
Did you really like Neelix?
Yes, I liked Neelix.

I was kind of leaning towards that answer myself, FW.  Considering I literally stopped watching Voyager because of her, that's a pretty good indicator.

When Seven of Nine was introduced, it made me realize that binge watching Star Trek was getting pretty boring, and I ended up watching the last few seasons a couple of months later.

Also, one little note while we're talking about Voyager, is that they killed Kes off really suddenly. It was so suddenly that I can't even remember what happened, did she just leave, or was it to raise her child or what? I didn't even realize that she was gone until the episode where she's old and she time travels using Voyagers warp core. Kes' telekinetic powers was part of the fun with the series. Then the actor went to jail.  Undecided

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2016, 07:54:40 PM »

Also, one little note while we're talking about Voyager, is that they killed Kes off really suddenly. It was so suddenly that I can't even remember what happened, did she just leave, or was it to raise her child or what? I didn't even realize that she was gone until the episode where she's old and she time travels using Voyagers warp core. Kes' telekinetic powers was part of the fun with the series. Then the actor went to jail.  Undecided
What was originally supposed to happen was ensign kim was going to die from the infection he got from species 8472. seven of nine was to be the replacement and would have originally been a male droid. However, just before they got to those episodes to start filming, the actor who played ensign kim was voted most person in the world by some teen magazine. the producers rapidly rewrote the script so that kim survived, kes had her powers go haywire and had to leave the ship and seven of nine became a female droid.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2016, 01:11:47 PM »

Star Trek Beyond trailer - recut by a fan

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29989.0

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #247 on: May 26, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »

Everything wrong with Star Trek: The Motion Picture
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QClFbROf4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QClFbROf4</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #248 on: May 26, 2016, 05:33:17 PM »

Everything wrong with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6x8B8sawTI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6x8B8sawTI</a>

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »

Most annoying character... wesley crusher.

He added nothing to tng, he made it hard to watch several episodes and I'm glad they didn't give him speaking roles in that one movie he made cameo in during the wedding.

Also I thought he had died in insurrection when that ensign got sucked out, man I laughed hard. :T

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »

When he was an "Acting Ensign" and similar nonsense, I agree, he was very badly written.

That said, I think once he leaves for the Academy, there's a big improvement.  "The First Duty" is IMO an excellent episode, and even more so when you consider that in "Journey's End," Wesley will then rightly call Picard out for moral cowardice.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2016, 09:12:01 PM »

Aww. Poor wesly crusher. i agree wtih DJ; he was badly written and only really came into his own once he was at the academy. But then again, the first three seasons of TNG weren't the best. Thank god it got much better later on

firewisplet
Knight Templar

« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2016, 01:38:56 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romB8e5nMp8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=romB8e5nMp8</a>

Hype much?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »

been discussed here
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31561.0

firewisplet
Knight Templar

« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »

That doesn't look like Bridge Crew to me.
Plus, I'm afraid Star Trek Beyond isn't anything to be hyped about  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: