Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Balance  (Read 3417 times)
Darth Morttas
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -36

I am a warrior of the sith, a bringer of death.

« on: July 23, 2011, 09:35:11 AM »

Hey forum! My last experience with ultrasabers was about two years ago, and it sure has changed a lot since.

I have only gotten one saber for myself, a fire orange dominix V1. Unfortunately, while the blade is nigh on indestructible (HG), it isn't possible for me to use it with the hilt because the balance point is 4 1/2 inches up the blade. I was sorely dissapointed in this, as it was not a fault by US, just a lapse in judgement.

I certainly don't want to make this mistake again, so before I buy another one, I want to know your opinion on what the best saber is for balance (with a 32" blade, as I am only 5'7). Any thoughts? Thanks!

Peace is a lie.  There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »

I guess I'm confused as to what exactly you're looking for.  Did you want one with a point of balance closer to the hilt?  To be honest, I have a Dominix v1 with a heavy grade blade as well and I love it, and I prefer lighter blades.  However, to each his own.  Now that US has all metal sabers, I think you'll be happier with the point of balance - the metal is typically a bit heavier than the old PVC ones.  I have a Dominix v2 and a pair of Dark Standard Issues and I like them both very much.  Good luck!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »

Hey forum! My last experience with ultrasabers was about two years ago, and it sure has changed a lot since.

I have only gotten one saber for myself, a fire orange dominix V1. Unfortunately, while the blade is nigh on indestructible (HG), it isn't possible for me to use it with the hilt because the balance point is 4 1/2 inches up the blade. I was sorely dissapointed in this, as it was not a fault by US, just a lapse in judgement.

I certainly don't want to make this mistake again, so before I buy another one, I want to know your opinion on what the best saber is for balance (with a 32" blade, as I am only 5'7). Any thoughts? Thanks!

Of the sabers I own the one with the balance. Closest to the hilt is my Prophecy with a 32" mid grade blade.  The balance point is right at the base of the angled emitter making single handed weilding a dream.  I also have a bellicose with a UEHG on it and the balance point is at the tip of the emitter, a slight difference I prefer.  Also, I'm only 5'8" so we are fairly close.

Daishi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »

Not so helpful to you but I have/have had an Enforcer, Rifter and Standard issue steel stunt (I forgot the exact name other than "the heavy black one).

My Rifter was ok I felt the balance to be aprox 2-3 inches off the emitter (I'd do check for you if it was not in the corner of my room a bit broken xD)

Steel Stunt's balance was... well let me put it this way with an ultra edge heavy grade the blade was light in the hilt xD.

As for my Beloved Enforcer which I guess was like a metal mix of a Rifer/Steel stun with a Aeon/Dominix and to me it has the balance right where Vidnyl's prophecy.

(the helpful part)
Since the design is very simular to the Aeon/Dominix the new v2 and the LE are most likely going to be your best bet (if we're talking no sound stunt sabers) <- if so I'd say go treat yourself to the LE dominix v2 10 bucks to look that nice is a bargain Wink

On a side note:
I really hope my Bellicose ends up with a nice balance~

Master BStone
Resident Master
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »

I concur with Master Artorius, my CE Prophecy has a mid grade blade and balances at the emitter as well. very quick pointwork.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 07:07:18 PM »

I have several metal US sabers; the balance point is almost at the emitter (give or take an inch).  I think you will be very happy with any of their sabers that you purchase.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »

I think you might find that your problem isn't necessarily with your saber, but perhaps with your blade choice. In my experience, sabers with mid-grade blades tend to be more balanced, as they are about half the weight of the heavy-grade blades. And, I've dueled people with mid-grade blades, and they seem to be just as indestructible as the heavy-grades.

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Kalibos
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 62

One Jedi One Destiny (Ultra Wing Warlord)

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »

I have  2 prophecy's and 2 dark standard issues upon reading your thread i did a comparison between them (both a t 32") I found the prophecy to be ok it leant a little over to the hilt side but nothing to serious but the dark standard issue's point of balance was right at the tip of the emmiter (I think this may have something to do with the weight of the sabers and the fact that the standard issues have a two battery pack not a four pack as the prophecy has.)The prophecy hilt is defo the heavier of the two, I hope this helps.

War Glaive AB, Custom Prophecy RGB, Custom Dark Prophecy RGB, Initiate LE AB, Custom Omen Red
Dark Standard Issue x2 Red, Standard Issue x2 White blades with filters.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 12:05:11 AM »

Go with a Mid Grade. It's durable enough and looks GREAT! I wouldn't bother going with an Ultra Edge because it just makes the color look pastel-y. Also, marks on the blade from dueling are more noticeable on Ultra Edge blades than Mid Grade blades. Mid Grades are the best blades in my opinion. They have the best balance, are the fastest, really bright, showcase the color the best and are really durable. I highly recommend them!

Darth Morttas
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -36

I am a warrior of the sith, a bringer of death.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 05:49:33 AM »

Thanks for all the suggestions, it really helps! I do prefer it closer to the hilt, but apon using a 36" midgrade, it balanced right at the end of the emitter. As long as the balance point is on the hilt, I have no problem.

Also, I just bought an Aeon LE in VA, so I'll do a review when it arrives. Can't wait!

UPDATE: My Aeon has a UEHG 32" blade, and it balances about an inch 1/2 in front of the emitter. This is very good for me, but ABSOLUTELY as blade-heavy as I want to go, lol.  Roll Eyes
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!  Wink
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:50:23 AM by Darth Morttas » Logged

Peace is a lie.  There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: