Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Sentinel LE Customization Idea  (Read 3119 times)
Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »

I hate to keep saying the same thing but you can do that yourself with a tap and drill set and a drill for a lot cheaper. You watch some YouTube videos on how to do it.

Or even get a cool pommel with a D-Ring insert from TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) without ever having to be without your saber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I love TCSS stuff, but this one has been problematic.  I cannot, for the life of me, get the locking ring into the grove to hold the insert.  I have watched videos and keep trying, but I cannot hold and squeeze the locking ring without my needle nose pliers coming out of the notches.  If I had been more successful, I would recommend this as well!

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »

I also don't have access to drill/tap sets anymore so x.x Plus all the time I'd try it my sabers would get messed up anyway. Probably didn't do the threads enough or something. Figuring on just waiting to send my saber back to have it professionally done x.x Plus I did a test and my saber hung too low anyway. And I don't think the covertech wheel idea would work either, like the screw might still be out too much like with the washers. Don't really feel like messing my saber up again

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »

I love TCSS stuff, but this one has been problematic.  I cannot, for the life of me, get the locking ring into the grove to hold the insert.  I have watched videos and keep trying, but I cannot hold and squeeze the locking ring without my needle nose pliers coming out of the notches.  If I had been more successful, I would recommend this as well!
They can be hard sometimes, you can always glue it in place of you never intend to take it off.

Goldldr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »

They can be hard sometimes, you can always glue it in place of you never intend to take it off.

I’m sure it’s something I am doing, but it just won’t go.  Glueing is a great idea!  I think I have been so caught up in how easy it’s looks on video vs my experience that my brain wasn’t open to consider other options for attaching the insert!  Two months, new needle nose etc and a simple glue will work.  lol.

Current Saber Collection (?=mystery box pull, *=raffle prize)
Consular (Diamond)
Flamberge v2 w/ renegade LE emitters (Diamond)
Azure Reaper Obs4 tri-cree CG
Crimson Scorpion ObsL FO (?)
Liberator v3 stunt FO (?)
Sentinel v4 ObsL AS (?)
Aeon v4 stunt FO (*)
Dark Apprentice stunt FO (?)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »

I’m sure it’s something I am doing, but it just won’t go.  Glueing is a great idea!  I think I have been so caught up in how easy it’s looks on video vs my experience that my brain wasn’t open to consider other options for attaching the insert!  Two months, new needle nose etc and a simple glue will work.  lol.
I always have a hard time getting them in, but so far have been lucky enough to get it done. But next time I think I will glue, it's cheaper LOL.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: