Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stunt Setup with Buckpuck Wiring Diagram  (Read 5037 times)
Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« on: July 25, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

Hi guys, does anyone have a diagram like this except without the Obsidian board?

I'm building a stunt saber and don't want to screw it up.

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »

I don't have a wiring diagram but I have a pic of the wiring from my stunt PVC build.
The buckpuck came pre-wired and it says which wires to solder onto its wires, like in the diagram you posted.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »

I can make my own diagram using your picture.

Thank you! Grin Have a point!

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »

Awesome!  I'm glad that helped.  Good luck on your build and thanks for the point.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »

Molina, while searching for wiring diagrams I came across this and was looking at your setup there.  What battery setup is that, 4xAAA?

If so, I was under the impression that the buck puck required a minimum of 5 watts to power it.  If you used a setup like this, you wouldn't be able to use NiMh rechargeable AAA batteries (1.2v instead of 1.5 for alkaline) to power it.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »

It is a 4 AAA setup.  I just use alkaline in my stunt setups.
I also did that before I decided to try resistors.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 01:24:28 AM »

Molina, while searching for wiring diagrams I came across this and was looking at your setup there.  What battery setup is that, 4xAAA?

If so, I was under the impression that the buck puck required a minimum of 5 watts to power it.  If you used a setup like this, you wouldn't be able to use NiMh rechargeable AAA batteries (1.2v instead of 1.5 for alkaline) to power it.

Ziran, I have encountered this same thing with an Overlord repair I did for a friend.  That hilt was long enough for me to find a 2 x 2 x 2 battery pack to use 6 - 1.2V NiMH batteries to power it.  My friend was going to take his saber to some international competitions & one country would not allow him to enter with Li Ion batteries. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 03:41:36 PM »

Wow, 6xAAA?  I was thinking king of trying one of those 2x2 A A packs with a resistor.   AA in nimh, are they also 1.2v?

I was thinking that if you had a long hilt in a stunt setup there should be room for a 4xAA pack in there and the extra mah of the larger batteries should greatly increase runtime.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:33:59 PM by Ziran Le » Logged

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »

Wow, 6xAAA?  I was thinking king of trying one of those 2x2 A A packs with a resistor.   AA in nimh, are they also 1.2v?

I was thinking that if you had a long hilt in a stunt setup there should be room for a 4xAA pack in there and the extra mah of the larger batteries should greatly increase runtime.

NiMH single cells are almost always 1.2V.  You have to have five minimum to run the Buck Puck.  Some other manufacturers use a huge 3.7V cell to increase run time but they have to use resistors as the Buck Puck won't run on those 18650. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: