Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Transplant help  (Read 797 times)
bws
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Lightside points please

« on: May 08, 2019, 07:27:16 AM »

Opps. . . I think I might have gotten a bit ahead of myself

I have a Fulcrum with emerald driver, Spectre with light sound in DVA, and stunt Dark Initiate v4 CG.
I was hoping for a quick switcharoo. I wanted to move the Emerald setup to the spectre, the light sound to the initiate keeping the CG, and the make the fulcrum stunt with DVA.

Upon trying to hook up the light sound in the initiate, I chose to run a demo out of the saber to make sure everything worked. when I put in the batteries instead of obsidian the speaker imediately began to make a loud buzzing noise. without the av switch, with just the led hooked up it says obsidian. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I know the stunt switch has to stay with the stunt setup.

Update: After trying to sleep on this and see if I was overlooking something a little voice came into my head and said " Hey did you try switching to fresh never been used batteries ? " Well of course I jumped out of bed found a brand new pack of AAA's and lo and behold problem fixed. No more buzz.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:11 AM »

I want to help you so badly!!!
I had an emerald fulcrum with V3 sound. I got it in a mystery box as my first saber. I gutted it and made it a stunt wall display.
 The guts I "TRIED" to put in a different hilt. You are already doing better then I did. Do NOT mess with the wires on the led. DO NOT try to solder new wires to the led.
Emerald needs a momentary switch not a latching. If it clicks and stays depressed  it is latching. If it moves in and out with no resistance it is a momentary switch. Only use momentary switch with emerald.
 Match the wire  colors back together, red to red, then blue to blue and so on. The two grey wires on the switch I don't think matter as long as it is grey to grey back to the board. If everything is not soldered back together completely before you put batteries in it, it can get feed back on the speaker or act up.
 Keep in mind I do not work for Ultrasabers in any way! I just found myself in the same predicament about a year ago. You have my sympathy. I say I tried because my second attempt messed up the led. I had no choice but to send it in for repairs.  The were gentle though. With both my ego and my wallet!

bws
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Lightside points please

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 08:22:46 AM »

I want to help you so badly!!!
I had an emerald fulcrum with V3 sound. I got it in a mystery box as my first saber. I gutted it and made it a stunt wall display.
 The guts I "TRIED" to put in a different hilt. You are already doing better then I did. Do NOT mess with the wires on the led. DO NOT try to solder new wires to the led.
Emerald needs a momentary switch not a latching. If it clicks and stays depressed  it is latching. If it moves in and out with no resistance it is a momentary switch. Only use momentary switch with emerald.
 Match the wire  colors back together, red to red, then blue to blue and so on. The two grey wires on the switch I don't think matter as long as it is grey to grey back to the board. If everything is not soldered back together completely before you put batteries in it, it can get feed back on the speaker or act up.
 Keep in mind I do not work for Ultrasabers in any way! I just found myself in the same predicament about a year ago. You have my sympathy. I say I tried because my second attempt messed up the led. I had no choice but to send it in for repairs.  The were gentle though. With both my ego and my wallet!

Thanks for the try bro. I really appreciate you and everyone else here on the forums you guys and gals go above and beyond to help out and that goes without saying. Point to you and yes it ended up being a battery issue all along. (Kicks self in arse for not thinking of that sooner. )

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »

Any sound board needs a momentary switch.  They have the grey wires. The switch with two red wires is your latching switch. It goes with the stunt set up. If you are still up message me. I have insomnia, the day off tomorrow,  and six cans of Guinness!  I also have a strong desire to help you, and nothing else to do.

Just read your post. Dark or light side point in return?

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 08:29:48 AM »

I call myself KaiserSosay but I'm not observant enough to notice you have points already. Shacking my head.

Taratx
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »

Any sound board needs a momentary switch.  They have the grey wires. The switch with two red wires is your latching switch. It goes with the stunt set up. If you are still up message me. I have insomnia, the day off tomorrow,  and six cans of Guinness!  I also have a strong desire to help you, and nothing else to do.

Just read your post. Dark or light side point in return?

Quick update. Wife here. Figured out it was a bad battery this morning around 5. I quickly finished the initiate swap and got it running, then rewired the emerald setup into the spectre and got it running. Also ordered a vented pomel for the initial with bws' points. Called it a night not wanting to mess with putting the fulcrum back together with no sleep.

Got up this afternoon and while finishing the stunt setup into the fulcrum, our son realized his saber was missing. BWS handed him his saber and let him turn it on where he then heard the sound and completely stopped talking (a rare occurance) he did a little happy dance, all smiles and ear to ear grinning. I talked him through what I did and how I sacrificed one of my sound sabers for him to have sound.

End story, everything was finished successfully and we have one happy boy who cant put his saber down.

P.S. the Fulcrum is a pain is the keister to work on. Had to take all the buttons and the av switch off to get the shroud off so I could get the LED out. It was actually locked 8n a grove between the body and the emitter. Good bws I'm never doing it again. LOL

Sabers
$75 Mystery Boxes                                  Custom order
*Aeon v4 w/ covertec wheel                     *Spectre DVA Light sound Raffle win
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                
*Dark Initiate V4 CG [w] Av(son's)           4th Place Raffle Prize
*Archon v2.1 Emeral Driver                     * Aeon V4 [w] AV CG

Gifted: 5 $75 MBs Sentinel LE v4 [w] PO, Apprentice LE v3 [w] AV GB, DSIBS v3 no lines GB, DSIBS v3 lines AV BR, Dominix LE v3 AV SRD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: