Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pod Racing! Online in forum Pod Racing!  (Read 3711 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: December 12, 2013, 03:52:25 AM »

Ok folks I have a map and turn based game put together.

I need to work out a few kinks, but for the most part it is ready to go.

Any interest?

A podracer, or "pod", was essentially a one-pilot cockpit attached to two racing engines via strong cables. The special engines for these craft traditionally came in one of two varieties of mechanical action: internal combustion engine types or rocket motor types (engines used moving mechanical parts and rocket motors used no moving mechanical parts). At a distance, one could differentiate engines from motors by noting if there were rotating fan/turbines at the front of the craft (engines had large rotating fans, motors lacked them). Energy binders projected from each engine connected both turbines together, forming a loose triangular configuration with the pod itself, dragged behind the engines, at the highest point. A racer could commonly achieve speeds in excess of eight hundred kilometers per hour. Because of this, podracing required lightning-fast reflexes, and only species with a wide range of sensory organs and multiple limbs or durable bodies were known to race pods. Species such as Humans rarely took part in races.

Podracers were commonly customized by their owners, whether to achieve greater speed or agility, or simply to end up with a unique-looking racer. The infamous Sebulba piloted one of the largest podracers on the Outer Rim circuits, complete with numerous hidden features and secret weaponry, while young Anakin Skywalker built a custom racer in his yard in Mos Espa. Many podracers were painted by their owners to symbolize different things or just to look good

The premise is a fairly basic one...you get to create a pilot, a craft, and apply a series of choices between advantages for the pod racer, the pilot, or reserve points for changing events during the race.

Each round a random hazard or obstacle will come into play.  Depending on the skill set of the pilot, any advantages, and or event points a player's pod racer may fall behind, continue through, or by pass and gain placement.

The races will be 13 rounds, or 13 loops around a 35mi loose track...the whole race takes about an hour in actual race time.

I suspect one round a day or so.  If you miss a round then you will continue at the pace your craft was going but will not be able to apply advantages or event points but could be affected by others and events.  So it is possible to start round one, not show up for the other rounds and actually win...highly unlikely though lol.

So, any pilots wanting to step up and be counted?!

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »

I am in!

There are tons of cool Lego Pod Racers out there from contests...I like this one  Smiley

With a Verpine pilot  Cheesy

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:15:33 AM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: