Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: switch diffrences  (Read 708 times)
KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« on: September 10, 2012, 02:41:02 PM »

ok, I've been looking at parts, and I've noticed that I really like the look of some of the momentary AV switches as opposed to the bulky guarded latching switch. I'm thinking about looking into replacing the switch on one of my sabers, but the problem is, I have no idea what a momentary switch means. What does it mean in how it functions, cause I haven't found a clear explination? and how does it differ from a regular switch.

also on a side note, is a momentary av switch any good on a soundless combat saber, since I mostly want it just for the streamlined look and not really for any additional function it may have that pertains to a sound saber.

Sorry if this is an obviously stupid question, by the way. Never really looked into switches and internal aspects of the sabers too much before, and I noticed that when I looked up the switch parts on TCSS and US there was either no description, or the description basically said little about what it was beyond "switch".
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:08:24 PM by KenshinTrigger » Logged

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »

Momentary switches are typically used in conjunction with soundboards, since many of the soundboards available only function using a momentary setup (the Obsidian, for example).  Latching is a different ballgame, and is typically used for stunt hilts or cheaper soundboards (such as the Force FX boards).

My advice is, if you're looking to upgrade from a latching switch to an AV switch, either email US to see if you can get latching ones or check out TCSS.

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

Nero is right. Asking the guys in charge typically gets you the best results. If I'm not mistaken I think the switches are different sizes so it would definitely be easier to get the guys in the shop to do it for you. [email protected] should get your inquiry to the appropriate knowledgeable people. Good luck!

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: