Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: 15 years  (Read 11681 times)
Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »

Congratulations, Ultra and Mrs. Ultra! It is great to see couples that stay together. Let love rule, I sez!

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »

Congrats guys, anyone that's been married know's it isn't easy! Especially at such a young age! I think a large part of what separates young couples are that they grow in different directions, they have grow into themselves and find that they have different goals from what they originally had.

Smiley I hope I'm still there in 10 years. I moved in with my in-laws on my five year anniversary this year. He sent me some flowers form Afghanistan, but when he's deployed we always wait to celebrate until he gets home, or we do it before he leaves, depending on which is closer. (He's been gone a few of the anniversaries.)

Whoa, hang on, are you saying your husband is deployed or has been deployed recently???  My heart goes out to you both and I think you should create a thread for military spouses dealing with deployment.  I couldn't imagine being away from my Jenny for any amount of days, let alone a full tour of duty.  Cry Cry Cry

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »

Congrats man! Smiley

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »

Congratulations to both of you!
It's quite a milestone.

My wife and I are hitting 15 years as well in Sept.
It looks like a good year here at US.

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -65

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:22 AM »

Whoa, hang on, are you saying your husband is deployed or has been deployed recently???  My heart goes out to you both and I think you should create a thread for military spouses dealing with deployment.  I couldn't imagine being away from my Jenny for any amount of days, let alone a full tour of duty.  Cry Cry Cry

He's deployed currently, but this is his 3rd combat deployment (our second as married) and we've been together for three deployments. One was a non combat deployment. The thing that a lot of people don't know about military is that they leave for training (states away from spouses.) on a regular basis as well. There's a lot more time apart than people realize.

My husband and I are a great long distance couple though... we struggle more at home. haha

Dark Side Points or you perish!
Sabers Owned:
VA Dark Standard Issue v3 Staff with UE initiate blades. "Gemini"
RGB SS Raven UEHG Blade "Hysteria"
SRD Red Liberator with UEHG Blade (Grab Bag) "Holly"
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:59 AM »

My entire 17 year marriage was as a military family. Being an infantryman in a rapid deployment unit, I was gone a lot. There were times that I'd get a mobilization call in the middle of the night, and within two hours was on a plane. These were training scenarios to help us mobilize faster in case of emergency, but I'd be gone for a few days at least. I remember one year, I was only home for about 34 days. Non consecutively.

The life of a military family is rough. Those who make it through are exceptionally strong. Like Krys said earlier though, the major problem with those who don't make it from an early age is because they grow apart instead of together.

Ultra, it sounds like you guys are going strong. Whatever magic mojo you are working, you keep it up!!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:48 AM »

He's deployed currently, but this is his 3rd combat deployment (our second as married) and we've been together for three deployments. One was a non combat deployment. The thing that a lot of people don't know about military is that they leave for training (states away from spouses.) on a regular basis as well. There's a lot more time apart than people realize.

This was one reason why I got out of the Marine Corps... I knew I wasn't able to devote enough time to my marriage... There was actually a couple of times I blew my command off because my wife needed me more. My motto was if I'm in a combat zone work comes first. If I'm stateside, family comes first. There's a balance to be achieved, and unfortunately the military isn't very good at allowing for that.

Congrats Ultra! Dude 15 years is an awesome anniversary to have, not to mention you celebrated it perfectly. Really can't say congrats enough. Beside every great man is an even greater woman. Mine happens to be punching me in the kidneys often for being a smart alec.  Grin I love my fiery Mandalorian woman.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 05:46:45 AM »

Congrats!

See I followed the wrong advice the first time and married a dark sith witch who tried to suck my soul out for the next 16yrs...finally I exorcized her to what ever hell she came from and married my Jedi Lady...that one has been a see saw of passion and related since 2001...good times good times.

Lol

Seriously though...congrats on your anniversary.

Light side points please Smiley

KrystheSith
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -65

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:53 PM »

I'm a sith... I don't try to suck out my husbands soul. Sad

Dark Side Points or you perish!
Sabers Owned:
VA Dark Standard Issue v3 Staff with UE initiate blades. "Gemini"
RGB SS Raven UEHG Blade "Hysteria"
SRD Red Liberator with UEHG Blade (Grab Bag) "Holly"
Wish List:
Monarch
Graflex
Prophecy
Catalyst

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »

Mine happens to be punching me in the kidneys often for being a smart alec.  Grin I love my fiery Mandalorian woman.

Lol you marry a scottish girl too?

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »

I'm a sith... I don't try to suck out my husbands soul. Sad

...that we know of!

lol kidding...there are grades of evil and corruption...my former sith witch was without a doubt just slightly less evil than ol' pruneface...I just wish I could have thrown her down a power shaft  Tongue

But it all comes full circle...I dealt with that one to find the one I should have been with...so in the end it all washes out  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: