Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 238   Go Down
Author Topic: People you find attractive  (Read 970805 times)
Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #2070 on: May 31, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »

When I first saw Sense8 I thought Nomi was being played by an older Britt McKillip (from Dead Like Me), who has grown up to become quite a beauty herself!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2071 on: May 31, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »

Yep, Jamie Clayton is one beautiful woman! Seen some comments on other sites from guys saying she still sounds too much like a man, but I think her voice is quite sexy!

It's funny, because only trans women seem to get that amount of crap for our voices. I know a few biological women who have voices that sound almost just like Jamie Clatyton's, but no one seems to care. Here's the thing about voices, so many factors besides gender come into play.  Some of the ladies posted in this thread have deep voices, even deeper than some of the men posting them. Look at Troian Bellisario(posted above by me), she has a deep, raspy, husky voice and she was born a girl. I've known plenty of guys who trained to develop a deeper speaking voice, more in line with what people normally expect from a male, rather than their natural speaking voice which is quite feminine in pitch. I know even more biological girls who trained a higher speaking voice than their deep raspy natural voice.

I was on a TeamSpeak yesterday playing SWTOR, and my friend brought in a friend of hers. She sounded exactly like me, and I wasn't even trying to femme my voice up any. So much so I had to double take and make sure I didn't have my mike on(and was hearing my echo/blast back, which is how I know what my voice actually sounds like). People get hung on pitch, but I find it actually has more to do with articulation, pronunciation of words, speed, etc. Basically it's how you speak, not your tone of voice that has a larger impact. A good test is the "phone test." If this person answered the phone without giving a name, how would I gender them without a visual reference?

I think the endgame of most people transitioning is to end up like Jamie Clayton.

Ha, yeah. Though really the end game is to be perceived as a woman regardless of looks, Jamie Clayton seems to be the physical embodiment of most of our ideals. 

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2072 on: June 01, 2017, 01:31:26 AM »

It's funny, because only trans women seem to get that amount of crap for our voices. I know a few biological women who have voices that sound almost just like Jamie Clatyton's, but no one seems to care. Here's the thing about voices, so many factors besides gender come into play.  Some of the ladies posted in this thread have deep voices, even deeper than some of the men posting them. Look at Troian Bellisario(posted above by me), she has a deep, raspy, husky voice and she was born a girl. I've known plenty of guys who trained to develop a deeper speaking voice, more in line with what people normally expect from a male, rather than their natural speaking voice which is quite feminine in pitch. I know even more biological girls who trained a higher speaking voice than their deep raspy natural voice.

I was on a TeamSpeak yesterday playing SWTOR, and my friend brought in a friend of hers. She sounded exactly like me, and I wasn't even trying to femme my voice up any. So much so I had to double take and make sure I didn't have my mike on(and was hearing my echo/blast back, which is how I know what my voice actually sounds like). People get hung on pitch, but I find it actually has more to do with articulation, pronunciation of words, speed, etc. Basically it's how you speak, not your tone of voice that has a larger impact. A good test is the "phone test." If this person answered the phone without giving a name, how would I gender them without a visual reference?

The difference between a male and female voice is not just in the pitch, but also in the timbre and melodiousness of it.

A natural female speaking voice, regardless of pitch, has a more melodic sound than the male voice using the same pitch.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2073 on: June 01, 2017, 05:33:32 AM »

The difference between a male and female voice is not just in the pitch, but also in the timbre and melodiousness of it.

A natural female speaking voice, regardless of pitch, has a more melodic sound than the male voice using the same pitch.

That's kinda what I was getting at, yeah.

Has anyone posted Stacy Keibler yet?

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2074 on: June 01, 2017, 12:39:08 PM »

Has anyone posted Stacy Keibler yet?

It's called a search function, dude.

Bar Paly

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2075 on: June 01, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

For those who like Odette Annable, she's been cast as the Big Bad for Supergirl Season 3.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2076 on: June 01, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »

It's called a search function, dude.

Please, do not call me "dude." Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Vanessa Ray

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2077 on: June 01, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »

Please, do not call me "dude." Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh get over it.

The term "dude" used to be applied solely to guys, but in recent years it's transitioned to being a more universal term. Guys call guys dude. Guys call girls dude. Girls call guys dude. Girls call girls dude.

There's nothing inherently disrespectful about using it in that context.

Now, if someone calls you "a dude" (like "TJ is a dude") then it's a different connotation and you can get upset about it.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2078 on: June 01, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

Oh get over it.

The term "dude" used to be applied solely to guys, but in recent years it's transitioned to being a more universal term. Guys call guys dude. Guys call girls dude. Girls call guys dude. Girls call girls dude.

There's nothing inherently disrespectful about using it in that context.

Now, if someone calls you "a dude" (like "TJ is a dude") then it's a different connotation and you can get upset about it.

You're right, it isn't a big deal. In my defense though, it was early and I hadn't had any caffeine yet....

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2079 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:34 PM »

You're right, it isn't a big deal. In my defense though, it was early and I hadn't had any caffeine yet....
That's why I endeavor not to speak until the morning ritual has commenced. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2080 on: June 01, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »

That's why I endeavor not to speak until the morning ritual has commenced. Wink

Hell, I pull the Archer bit where when someone tries to speak to me during my first cup, I hold up my finger while drinking deeply. Once done, I turn to them and say "Continue."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2081 on: June 01, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »

Hell, I pull the Archer bit where when someone tries to speak to me during my first cup, I hold up my finger while drinking deeply. Once done, I turn to them and say "Continue."
Thanks for the reminder, I needs to catch up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2082 on: June 01, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »

She's been mentioned before, but imo you can never have enough...

Molly Quinn

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2083 on: June 02, 2017, 02:37:16 AM »

For those who like Odette Annable, she's been cast as the Big Bad for Supergirl Season 3.

I do with a passion!!!!!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2084 on: June 02, 2017, 05:07:28 AM »

Marie Avgeropoulos

(Sig by me!)