Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy  (Read 25842 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2019, 01:43:19 AM »

You would go Fem-Shep as the lead? I think, depending on the rest of the crew choices we would need to ensure male/female balance. Unfortunately I don’t watch Supergirl, so have no idea how good that actress is. But, if we went with Male-Shep, I was thinking maybe cast a black actor. Either or is good as we need more black captains and female captains in our sci-fi shows.

And there will be plenty of opportunities for former Trek/Stargate actors to appear in the show (like when Odo popped up for an episode in SG1). Maybe even cast JG Hertzler as Wrex!  Grin

Chyler Ligh mainly as she reminds me of the character build as i had for my Female Shepard and her character in Supergirl (Supergirls adoptive sister and Special agent) can be pretty badass but still very human.
You know I was playing God of War 2018 recently...reminded of how great Christopher Judge from Stargate was as he did the voice for the main character in it, I could easily see him as Shepard, definitely got the right build for an elite Alliance soldier and has a very strong presence but still capable of deeper moments.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2019, 10:29:32 AM »

Love Christopher Judge. But at 54, i think he may be a little too old for this particular role.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2019, 08:47:23 PM »

Just stumbled across this video clip from 2008. Wow! Just wow. Imagine their reaction to the Cora or Peebee scene from Andromeda. Methinks their heads would explode. And I take particular umbrage to the fact that "adults don't play these games". Grrrr.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU</a>

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2019, 10:55:34 PM »

Just stumbled across this video clip from 2008. Wow! Just wow. Imagine their reaction to the Cora or Peebee scene from Andromeda. Methinks their heads would explode. And I take particular umbrage to the fact that "adults don't play these games". Grrrr.

“Have you ever played Mass Effect”
“No“
THEN WHY are you commenting on it!!!  
People judging a game or movie not having played/seen is very annoying.

I feel sorry for the guy at the start trying to get past their irrational moral panic with facts…it’s like people screaming ban Harry Potter because it encourages witchcraft…typical faux-news panel beat up junk that says more about the panelists moral posturing than the thing they are commenting on.  Wonder how they would've reacted to God of War 3 Aphrodite mini game!! Frankly i think these people secretly get off on the very things they deride sometimes - thou doth protest too much. 

I think it just shows how ignorant they are of who the main consumers of video games are, and how disconnected they are from what gaming itself has evolved to become as tech improves, it is basically interactive movies now.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2019, 11:14:19 PM »

“Have you ever played Mass Effect”
“No“
THEN WHY are you commenting on it!!!  
People judging a game or movie not having played/seen is very annoying.

I feel sorry for the guy at the start trying to get past their irrational moral panic with facts…it’s like people screaming ban Harry Potter because it encourages witchcraft…typical faux-news panel beat up junk that says more about the panelists moral posturing than the thing they are commenting on.  Wonder how they would've reacted to God of War 3 Aphrodite mini game!! Frankly i think these people secretly get off on the very things they deride sometimes - thou doth protest too much. 

I think it just shows how ignorant they are of who the main consumers of video games are, and how disconnected they are from what gaming itself has evolved to become as tech improves, it is basically interactive movies now.
Exactly. In the same way that some people have the outdated mindset that comic books are "just for kids" (despite not having read a comic book themselves since there were 7 yrs old) there are people who think that video games are just the child friendly Mario/Sonic type. They have no idea that a lot of video games have a better storyline/set pieces/character arcs than a lot of mainstream movies. And as the guy said, the sex scene is a 1 min cutscene out of over 30 hours of gameplay. And is a natural conclusion to the relationship the player has cultivated in the gameplay.

Did you also notice how the woman dismissed the fact that you can play as fem-shep because "boys would never play as a woman".

i agree, it's very similar to Harry Potter outrage because WITCHES!!! Burn them at the stake.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2019, 12:16:53 AM »

Did you also notice how the woman dismissed the fact that you can play as fem-shep because "boys would never play as a woman".

i agree, it's very similar to Harry Potter outrage because WITCHES!!! Burn them at the stake.

Yep...there is only one side showing gender bias there and it ain't the game - when it originally came out I personally enjoyed my play through as Fem-Shep far more as I loved the voice acting of Jennifer Hale (ever since Kotor as Bastilla), but a woman gamer I know (rare mythical beast right!) preferred playing Male-Shep and exploring the different romances.

And yeah before harry potter it was Dungeons and Dragons...even as far back as rock and roll, pulp horror/scifi fiction in the 1920-30's ...seems to always be an undercurrent of people with particular world views that dislike the fact things they find 'shameful/uncomfortable' are popular.

Even more egregious in my opinion was the mention of 'playboy' as if nudity in games is some kind of sinister plot to tempt children into watching X rated content as opposed to just being a part (a tiny one) of the story.

Sex is a fact of life, to not include it in a movie/TV/comic or Game that deals with complex adult  romantic relationships and situations would be in my view even more ridiculous - does it have to be the dominant theme, of course not, but ignoring it will stretch credulity at some point. I think Mass Effect (and for that matter Dragon Age series) has done it rather well, its not dominant in the game, its only if you actively pursue it with an NPC and even then only if you meet certain criteria in talking to them etc, and it adds some extra dimensional to the characters as you would expect in a novel (especially so in the Romances in Dragon Age Inquisition which were more extensive even after "consummation").

I think ultimately though these kinds of panics don't matter, mot of these people are 'preaching to the converted' the industry is mature and strong enough to ignore such rants, and they only care about getting money in so will give the customer more or less what they want.

Supporting and replaying games like Mass Effect long after they were out, getting them on steam/xbox live or whatever tells the companies this is what people (still) want, so if they want our money give us more of this - and the mighty $ is far more influential than two bit commentators.

Lord_S_Gray

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2019, 09:26:42 AM »

^^^ Yes. This. Have a point my friend.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: