Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith or Jedi story  (Read 31952 times)
Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »

unloved?

Take a look at the children at yodas class they are given love and compassion in they´re youth.
Clone Wars Season 5 Episode 7(or8) everyone takes great care and raise them familiary at least.

Lets take the Sith side for a moment! ^^

Darth Maul was taken as a youth from Sidious whom nearly killed him 2 times before he was even in his teens.

I wonder very often how many books have been read and how many other media are taken into consideration when I read some comments.

With respect, I don't think anyone is claiming that the Sith path is a path of "love". I may claim many things, but even I would not claim THAT! lol

Actually, I'd like to learn more about both Maul and Starkiller's formative years as Sith Apprentices. Once I have my new lightsaber, I may consider buying both the Darth Maul and TFU books to find out. I'd also be interested in any sources on the training of Sidious by his Mentor, Plaegus.

We all know Anakin's Force-user upbringing, with Obi-wan and how he resented constantly being told "no, you can't". It's actually one of the things that turned him I think.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »

With respect, I don't think anyone is claiming that the Sith path is a path of "love". I may claim many things, but even I would not claim THAT! lol

Actually, I'd like to learn more about both Maul and Starkiller's formative years as Sith Apprentices. Once I have my new lightsaber, I may consider buying both the Darth Maul and TFU books to find out. I'd also be interested in any sources on the training of Sidious by his Mentor, Plaegus.

We all know Anakin's Force-user upbringing, with Obi-wan and how he resented constantly being told "no, you can't". It's actually one of the things that turned him I think.
If Anakin turned from "no you can't" then that would simply mean his character is completely void of discipline. Anakin turned because he became attached and he let his emotions control and ruin his life.

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Inquisitor Mana
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side Adept Mon Calamari...yes, it is a trap

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2013, 06:28:39 PM »

I am in favor of the Jedi...as I would rather be one with nature (the Living Force).

Swimming with the current, allowing it to take where I need to be.

Interesting conversations.

Dark side points if you do not mind

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »

If Anakin turned from "no you can't" then that would simply mean his character is completely void of discipline. Anakin turned because he became attached and he let his emotions control and ruin his life.

Yes, absolutely, his character is devoid of ANY control. I totally give you that! In that respect "the chosen one" is infinitely INFERIOR to both Dooku and Maul!

As for emotions, THAT is all emotions ever do; they take over and ruin your life!

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Inquisitor Mana
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

Dark Side Adept Mon Calamari...yes, it is a trap

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

Yes, absolutely, his character is devoid of ANY control. I totally give you that! In that respect "the chosen one" is infinitely INFERIOR to both Dooku and Maul!

As for emotions, THAT is all emotions ever do; they take over and ruin your life!

Or open you up to the full potential of what is possible to experience...

Love is a many splendored thing
It’s the April rose that only grows
In the early Spring
Love is nature’s way of giving
A reason to be living
The golden crown that makes a man a king
Once on a high and windy hill
In the morning mist two lovers kissed
and the world stood still
Then your fingers touched my silent heart
and taught it how to sing
Yes, true love’s a many splendored thing

Emotions are like ingredients in the recipe of life...what you choose to cook with them is completely up to you.

Dark side points if you do not mind

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »

In the early Spring
A reason to be living

Emotions are like ingredients in the recipe of life...what you choose to cook with them is completely up to you.

Well all I've ever produced is pickled onions of eye-watering bitterness. My emotions seem to be nothing but vinegar, garlic paste, and Vindaloo curry powder.

No thank you.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Kitra
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 38

"Use the force, Harry" -Gandalf

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »

In the early Spring
A reason to be living

Now in your words. Smiley
I favor personal words and experiences to be honest.

I absolutely feel you. ^^
Anakin was like arabbid dog at the end leashing out at anyone even the ones hold dearest.
He needed excuses for his own shortcomings and please rewatch episode 1 2 3 as well as clone wars the real factor why he turned was the following...

Darth Sidious.

From the capturing of his mother until the nightmares induced by him to the constand poisoning of anakins mind through his mere presents with silvertongued words.

Hear carefully what sidious said to anakin and how he poisoned his thoughts.

Ben had nothing to do with that.

Light side points are appreciated. Smiley

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

Now in your words. Smiley
Darth Sidious.

From the capturing of his mother until the nightmares induced by him to the constand poisoning of anakins mind through his mere presents with silvertongued words.

Hear carefully what sidious said to anakin and how he poisoned his thoughts.

Ben had nothing to do with that.

Well, firstly, I don't think it's suggested anywhere that Sidious had anything whatsoever to do with what happened to Anakin's mother. That was ALL Tuskan Raiders, and the inability of Cleet Lars to go after her and get her back!

Sure, Sidious took full advantage of these events, I grant you that. he also consistently poisoned Anakin's mind by pointing out, what he saw as, flaws in the Jedi. Obi-wan and the other Masters' own words then took on different meaning to Anakin, and he saw even constructive efforts at instruction as slap-downs, "lectures" and the dogma of the Jedi. He was also CONVINCED of his own power (wrongly so I feel) and equally convinced that Obi-wan was holding him back out of jealousy. In fact Obi-wan was trying to shape Anakin, in a direction that he was never, EVER going to go.

Venom "Durance of Hate"

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »

I would personally add "so long as Sidious was a factor" to the end of that.  It was clear at the beginning of RotS that Anakin had made a decent amount of progress along the path of the Jedi since the previous film, or at the very least that he was making a distinct effort to follow Obi-Wan's teachings.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2013, 03:47:08 AM »

I feel that the Sith code has meaning in it that doesn't exactly have to lead them to pure evil.

True Peace is a lie. There will never be a true peace. Passion can direct us to pursue that which gives us our emotions. Love, happiness, anger, fear, curiosity, all which can lead us down many different Paths. Our pursuit of these passions gives us Strength. Strength to protect, destroy, or to seek knowledge. This strength gives us Power. Power that will help us reach the satisfaction of our passions and beyond. This power will help us attain Victory. Through our victory, we can break free of that which holds us back.

When we devote ourselves to one aspect of the Force, we create chains that bind us. The Light makes us refrain from emotions. It forces us to not pursue our passions. The Dark makes us slaves to its will. Though we may pursue our passions, we eventually reject all emotions other than anger, thus rendering us no better than followers of the Light.

Life is about Balance. If we can learn to balance these emotions, we can pursue our passions and free ourselves of any chain that binds our destiny. Through Balance, we make our own Destiny.

This is my interpretation of the Sith code. In this sense, I would consider myself a Light Sith, though in truth I do not associate myself with either the Sith or the Jedi.

There is harmony, there is chaos
There is passion, there is serenity
There is death, there is life
There is push, there is pull
There is Light, there is Dark
There is the Force

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR