Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 945978 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1785 on: October 29, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »

Not really, in the Lantern Corps the colors equal emotions not ideals or desires.

True, because we all know the Jedi are a bunch of emotionless robots. Roll Eyes

As of yet Synthetic crystals have only shown up in canon in the mobile game uprising and were highly unstable and sold as black market items.  Red comes from the crystal "bleeding" because of the Dark Sider's attack on it to bend it to his/her will.
I agree with OBK, this DC saber lore is hitting too close to the wand lore of HP.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1786 on: October 30, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »

I agree with OBK, this DC saber lore is hitting too close to the wand lore of HP.

Idea's such as this have been around even before HP...heck I had an idea for something similar long before JK put pen to paper.  Just because something is similar to something else doesn't automatically make it "stupid".  I much prefer the Current Canon explanation as the idea of Synthetic Crystals I found unappealing anyway.  This way, the mysticism is added back into the mix.  I like the idea that the Kyber Crystals are such a part of the Force that they can't be recreated by "human" hands, as well having the Darksiders be limited in where they can obtain them give the Darkside an obvious limitation to their power. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1787 on: October 30, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »

Idea's such as this have been around even before HP...heck I had an idea for something similar long before JK put pen to paper.  Just because something is similar to something else doesn't automatically make it "stupid".  I much prefer the Current Canon explanation as the idea of Synthetic Crystals I found unappealing anyway.  This way, the mysticism is added back into the mix.  I like the idea that the Kyber Crystals are such a part of the Force that they can't be recreated by "human" hands, as well having the Darksiders be limited in where they can obtain them give the Darkside an obvious limitation to their power. 

I don't know. I don't really like the new canon explanation. Would be much simpler and, in my opinion, much more realistic to simply say that the color of the crystal is caused by the environment the crystal comes from. Whether this is somehow related to the way The Force feels on any given planet or region of a planet or not is up for debate. In this way, they could limit where the red crystals grow naturally. Making a synthetic crystal not being common practice as they often turn out flawed.

Or something along those lines. But what do I know. It's their thing and they'll do what they want with it. Doesn't mean that I like the franchise as a whole any less.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #1788 on: October 30, 2016, 11:48:56 PM »

Would it be that the Force user changes the facets of the crystal while mediating that thus changes the color of light that passes through it?  The Sith would focus on power and order.  Perhaps tis results in blades being on the red end of the spectrum.  The crystal is more regimented and orderly under a Sith than a Jedi, but under the Jedi the crystal is more in harmony with the Force?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1789 on: October 31, 2016, 12:06:00 AM »

I don't know. I don't really like the new canon explanation. Would be much simpler and, in my opinion, much more realistic to simply say that the color of the crystal is caused by the environment the crystal comes from. Whether this is somehow related to the way The Force feels on any given planet or region of a planet or not is up for debate. In this way, they could limit where the red crystals grow naturally. Making a synthetic crystal not being common practice as they often turn out flawed.

Or something along those lines. But what do I know. It's their thing and they'll do what they want with it. Doesn't mean that I like the franchise as a whole any less.

Then they would have to expand the locations in which Kyber Crystals grow.  Both Old EU Canon and current Canon stated that Kyber Crystals are found on very few planets...Ilum being the main source.   Ilum as well is an Ice Planet....so the colors would be very limited in that aspect.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1790 on: October 31, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »

That's just it. I dislike how much mysticism they are putting into it. SCI-fi. The OC had just enough without being hokey (as far as my reading has progressed). HP was all about mysticism, so go nuts. But SW was something special in that the Force offered up a plot device that could randomly be one-upped and not need a technological explanation. It touched more on the "divine" rather than the mystical and that appealed to me greatly. Kinda the reason why everyone tried to forget those horrible Ewoks movies. Whats-her-name was eventually written to be one of the Nightsisters, and she had an amulet of transformation. According to the writings of Mother Talsin in the Book of the Sith, there were several that transformed the bearer into various creatures. Kinda lame and not very SW. I also don't like it because they make it sound like all the advantages to being Force sensitive only come through following the light path. <HURL> I can just hear Master Mickey saying "Gee...uh...Fear is the path to the Dark Side, and that's just not a swell place to be, fella." Angry

Agreed. What would happen if some Sith decided to perform some ritual and cast Illum deep into the influence of the Dark Side. Would crystals then only sing some death metal to those that seek a red crystal? And then the only way a Jedi could use it would be to "purify" it. I like the OC system better because it was simple and made sense. "I have a green crystal  because nature made it that way. And my Jedi sect shows solidarity by having green blades." No muss no fuss. No deep seeded meaning.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1791 on: November 01, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »

That's just it. I dislike how much mysticism they are putting into it. SCI-fi. The OC had just enough without being hokey (as far as my reading has progressed). HP was all about mysticism, so go nuts. But SW was something special in that the Force offered up a plot device that could randomly be one-upped and not need a technological explanation. It touched more on the "divine" rather than the mystical and that appealed to me greatly. Kinda the reason why everyone tried to forget those horrible Ewoks movies. Whats-her-name was eventually written to be one of the Nightsisters, and she had an amulet of transformation. According to the writings of Mother Talsin in the Book of the Sith, there were several that transformed the bearer into various creatures. Kinda lame and not very SW. I also don't like it because they make it sound like all the advantages to being Force sensitive only come through following the light path. <HURL> I can just hear Master Mickey saying "Gee...uh...Fear is the path to the Dark Side, and that's just not a swell place to be, fella." Angry
Agreed. What would happen if some Sith decided to perform some ritual and cast Illum deep into the influence of the Dark Side. Would crystals then only sing some death metal to those that seek a red crystal? And then the only way a Jedi could use it would be to "purify" it. I like the OC system better because it was simple and made sense. "I have a green crystal  because nature made it that way. And my Jedi sect shows solidarity by having green blades." No muss no fuss. No deep seeded meaning.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  The Mysticism part of Star Wars is the only thing that interests me so the more the better IMO.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1792 on: November 01, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »

I read "The Star Wars" by JW Rinzler based on an original script from Lucas ...

Very interesting alternative story.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1793 on: November 01, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree.  The Mysticism part of Star Wars is the only thing that interests me so the more the better IMO.

I can't completely disagree with you, since every SW book I've every read, minus the Bounty Hunter Code, has directly involved Force sensitives. But IMO, it used to be simple and now just seems to be getting complicated and corny. Like the joining of holocrons. They aren't mystical, but merely Force reactive super thumb drives. They are created with the Force, not by it, so why would joining them have any function at all let alone being able to answer any question? Finite knowledge + finite knowledge ≠ infinite knowledge. So what's next, Holocrons weren't made by Jedi/Sith, they are just the Force manifested in a crystal that possesses infinite knowledge of the opposing sides?

On lighter notes I found these, thought they would bring some laughs Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #1794 on: November 01, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »

Man i wonder when we are getting a cannon revan...only time will tell!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1795 on: November 02, 2016, 03:56:13 AM »

Man i wonder when we are getting a cannon revan...only time will tell!

He was almost in the Clone Wars

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1796 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

I heard they wanted to squeeze him into Rey's "awakening", but didn't because they didn't want to use his most recognizable visage as a Sith.

Sig by For Tyeth

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #1797 on: November 02, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

I heard they wanted to squeeze him into Rey's "awakening", but didn't because they didn't want to use his most recognizable visage as a Sith.

What if he was and no one knew!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1798 on: November 02, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »

There were only several bodies in the dream sequence: Luke, and the KoR. If Revan had been shown no-mask and in Jedi robes he would have looked like a random standard Jedi. I doubt even the die hard fans would have known it was him without being told.

Don't ask about the scars, I'm unfamiliar with them. Undecided Although, they might have been enough to identify him. But let's face it, everyone knows Revan the best from when he was terrifying the galaxy.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1799 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:14 AM »

Lucas was going to use Revan in the Mortis Arc of Clone Wars.  Spoilers..............   

The Son was going to be manipulated by the Spirits of Bane and Revan but Lucas decided against it since he wanted it to stay that only Jedi could leave spirits

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: