Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What do you get when you combine two dark templars? A Dark Archon V2!  (Read 3359 times)
NeoDuragon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« on: October 15, 2011, 02:58:03 AM »

Hilt: 9/10

The Archon is mirrored after the Luke ROTJ saber, and it works very well.  Ultra removed the activation box for easier dueling and stunts, and I’m quite happy with it.  The thinner neck provides an easy grip and pivot point for spinning.  This saber is easy to hold, and feels good in one hand or two.

I love the fact that the Archon is MHS compatible.  Like a few others, I ordered a black coupler with vents, and experimented with a few emitters.  My final configuration is below.

I’m using the black coupler as a “poor man’s crystal chamber” combined with a 1.2” double female adapter from TCSS and the Dark Shock emitter.  It adds some length to the saber, but still has a neck (the female adapter) to spin with.

Color: Blazing Red 10/10
Color: Fire Orange 7/10

I ordered this saber in Fire Orange, with a Blazing Red MLS unit so I can swap out colors.  The first time I ignited the saber to see Fire Orange, it looked very similar to the Orange fruit.  Granted, this was in the daylight, in an Ultraedge blade, so its probably not the most ideal settings.  However, on camera, its a beautiful yellow / gold.  I have mixed feelings about this color...

Blazing Red, on the other hand, is absolutely beautiful in Mid Grade.  It gives a much darker look to a normally heroic saber.

Blade 9/10

This is my first regular Mid Grade blade, and I am very happy with it.  It's a nice silver unlit, I wish they could just add a dim white light to make it shine.  Most colors look the same between the two blade types, with the exception of red, orange, and green (all look better in mid grade).

Sound

Obsidian Sound is amazing.  Very loud, and very customizable.  The added benefit of Li-Ion batteries and a AV switch just makes it better.  From now on, all of my Ultrasabers will have Obsidian.

Overall 9/10

I love the ability to customize this saber in so many ways.  Because of the MHS, I can customize the hilt.  Because of Obsidian, I can customize the sounds.  Finally, because of the MLS, I can customize the color.  This is a great starting saber, and with the Halloween saber, its a great deal.

Every color of the Power Rangers...except for white...

Still waiting for a metal Omen V2 to return.

~Neo

I follow no Jedi Code or Sith teachings, just the path the force takes me.  That being said, I prefer dark side points.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:04:09 AM »

Force point for a great review!(and the Power Rangers comment Grin)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

NeoDuragon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:24:15 AM »

Just uploaded this to youtube, not sure if it is going to embed right.  If a mod can help out, I would be much abliged.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4Whzto2-o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN4Whzto2-o</a>
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:20:48 AM by Nero Attoru » Logged

I follow no Jedi Code or Sith teachings, just the path the force takes me.  That being said, I prefer dark side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 04:21:19 AM »

Done, should be embedded fine now.  Nice saber, and nice review!

shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 04:55:45 AM »

Very Nice, like what you did with double female adapter from TCSS and the Dark Shock emitter. =D

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 04:56:40 AM »

I'm pretty sure my friend will be taking this idea. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »

Very nice review!  I am loving the poor man's crystal chamber by the way!  You get a force point for the review, and the Starcraft reference.

Rash
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 09:16:06 AM »

*cough *cough, there was a black power ranger *cough *cough, but very awesome review Cheesy

Consular: Pyrestone

Light Side Points please Cheesy

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »

Great saber and nice review!

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: