Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449970 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks and don't worry as you venture further into your 3D modelling career you will start looking at things differently more and more! I think it's a bit like "The Sixth Sense".....I see sabers...and blasters....and crystal chambers....everywhere Grin

Anyhoo, I am so glad you like the design and the windows, as I mentioned to Lady Revan the details on the prop were so perfectly placed I'm surprised the FX team didn't think of using it as a saber hilt themselves. And in regards to Poe, the pommel is also modelled slightly on the engine intake of the T-70.

Thanks again and a point is on it's way (btw I used the same picture as you posted for reference - good find!)

Hey Tyeth, you're too kind and I'll wait and continue to work until that day comes for me.   Grin

I agree with you in regards to the design and it not being a saber on it's own right but no worries here, this is one reason why you're here!  Cheesy 

Have a point back!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2018, 01:48:40 PM »

This

Is

Cool!

Hi Karmack, I'm glad you think so, I had to tweak a few things to get the circuitry etch but I think it worked better than I imagined. I'd still like to get the actual circuit path to be gold on a black background but so far the technique I used limits me to superimposing a black outline. Thanks as always for the kind words. Point incoming.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2018, 02:04:44 PM »

Quite a few posts back you may recall how I "recycled" a part of a droid to create a lightsaber? Well how about recycling a ship! Or at least part of one. This hilt is a tribute to one of the most famous and iconic starfighters in the galaxy...the Incom T-65 otherwise known as the X-Wing Fighter! It is also a tribute to the "Greatest Pilot in the Resistance" and by sheer coincidence it's the correct colours. Any how this is what I came up with and see if you can tell which part of the X-Wing I used!...

Wow. That's insane how you notice stuff like this. I thought I noticed tiny little details. That thing looks just like a saber hilt. Brilliant!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »

Wow. That's insane how you notice stuff like this. I thought I noticed tiny little details. That thing looks just like a saber hilt. Brilliant!

Hi Darth Silenoz, as I say it really started to kick in since using Blender. I have sort of stopped watching movies as entertainment and just analyse them now for inspiration.
I have been designing (or rather assembling modular hilts which I can't mention) based on characters or ships etc for around three years, however since switching to Blender I have much more creative freedom to build the mad ideas in my mind.

Again, thanks for the support and comment.
point on it's way.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #334 on: December 12, 2018, 03:46:42 AM »

That is truly unique!  I always thought Luke just kept his saber on the dashboard like a AAA map book hehe.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2018, 04:05:15 AM »

That is truly unique!  I always thought Luke just kept his saber on the dashboard like a AAA map book hehe.

Hi HanSolo,

LOL, I know...all that talk about whether to use D-Rings or Covertechs on our sabers when we should have been using dashboard mounts  Grin

So glad you like Dameron , thanks for the kind words, point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2018, 01:41:24 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's been a few days since I posted my Dameron hilt so I think it's time for a new...sorry breaking news coming in!!

If you have been following this thread (and thanks if you have) then you will know my hilts have had an "angular" look rather than nice cylindrical lines. In other words my hilts look octagonal or multisided. Well this has bothered me, why have something that looks like this...?

When I can make it look like this...?

Yes the "big" news is that I have cracked the puzzle how to make my models both curved and smooth while still having sharp edges! The best part is that it is a fairly simple technique and doesn't take a long time to render/produce the images.

Hopefully my future builds will now feature this technique (where I can) and they will look a bit more sleek and shiny!

Thanks for looking in and don't forget I still have a few "old" designs plus the SWOTOR/KOTOR inspired hilts, a few staffs, a few Troopers, a Senator, a Cyborg...Oh and a new CROSSGUARD...here's a sneak peek...

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #337 on: December 13, 2018, 01:50:53 AM »

Oh, if I'd known you wanted them to be smooth (but still have sharp edges) I could have told you how to do that.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2018, 01:53:20 AM »

Love all of that gold and the grooves are beautiful! I’m also digging that KOTOR crossguard saber too

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:26 AM »

Oh, if I'd known you wanted them to be smooth (but still have sharp edges) I could have told you how to do that.

Hi SFD, no worries, it was part of my journey of discovery and now I am a master of Smooth Shading, Auto Sharp Edges and Loop Rings/Crease Seams!  Grin

Love all of that gold and the grooves are beautiful! I’m also digging that KOTOR crossguard saber too

And I'm sorry Infinit, but the Gods would not be happy if they heard you call this a KOTOR Crossguard, or at least one particular God as it belongs to him.
Thanks for the kind comment on my grooves though, you have seen them before but they were still angular in the non official pics I sent you a while back  Wink

points incoming for both of you.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2018, 01:09:54 PM »

Hey Tyeth, my mistake my friend, not offense to you hopefully.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »

Hey Tyeth, my mistake my friend, not offense to you hopefully.

Haha! No offense taken. I was just cautioning because if the new owner of my design heard you calling his new saber a KOTOR hilt he'd Hammer down all kinds of Thunder and Lightning on you.... Roll Eyes  Wink

I still have a few other hilts to show off first but the TriGuard is coming soon.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2018, 12:52:33 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's time to reveal the "Silver Vision" that I have been discussing with Lady Revan and it is a hilt inspired by her Fan Fiction "Only Light Can Cast Shadow" and is for the character of Opela Moraf. Opela agrees to help a friend defend that person's home world from imminent destruction. Opela was described in the story as using a saber but I imagined that maybe she modified it in some way to demonstrate her fealty to her friend's cause. This was what I came up with...

And recently Lady Revan posted a picture of her Diamond Controller equipped saber with a very distinctive pink blade...well this is how that colour might look on Opela's hilt...

This hilt features a very distinctive handgrip which I created by manipulating the "Wire Frame" of the model rather than the flat faces of the hilt. As a result I ended up with this diamond-like knurled effect...just as Infinit01 had asked for in the "What do we want from Ultrasabers/Wishlist" thread. I finished building this model on 23rd Nov, I just didn't have a chance to post it earlier....but how about that for a demonstration of my "Force Premonition"?  Cool

Anyhoo, I hope you all like the design and thanks for looking in on it!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #343 on: December 15, 2018, 02:46:53 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's time to reveal the "Silver Vision" that I have been discussing with Lady Revan and it is a hilt inspired by her Fan Fiction "Only Light Can Cast Shadow" and is for the character of Opela Moraf. Opela agrees to help a friend defend that person's home world from imminent destruction. Opela was described in the story as using a saber but I imagined that maybe she modified it in some way to demonstrate her fealty to her friend's cause. This was what I came up with...

And recently Lady Revan posted a picture of her Diamond Controller equipped saber with a very distinctive pink blade...well this is how that colour might look on Opela's hilt...

This hilt features a very distinctive handgrip which I created by manipulating the "Wire Frame" of the model rather than the flat faces of the hilt. As a result I ended up with this diamond-like knurled effect...just as Infinit01 had asked for in the "What do we want from Ultrasabers/Wishlist" thread. I finished building this model on 23rd Nov, I just didn't have a chance to post it earlier....but how about that for a demonstration of my "Force Premonition"?  Cool

Anyhoo, I hope you all like the design and thanks for looking in on it!

I am once again.....speechless, Tyeth.  You catered to Lady Revan and my wish list when you designed this saber and it's beautiful!!!! I love the knurled design that wraps around the body, kind of reminds me of Thor's armor a bit.  I love the emitter and the pommel, makes it hard to differentiate which side is which so non-Forced beings won't be able to notice it right away that it's a saber.  I love the shape of the emitter as well and the color of the saber is classy yet elegant.  I like the location of the D ring as well, puts the saber and wielder in a higher class of sorts. 

I'm loving it and thank you for keeping me in mind as well as Lady Revan when you designed this saber, Tyeth!!!!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #344 on: December 15, 2018, 03:21:10 AM »

I am once again.....speechless, Tyeth.  You catered to Lady Revan and my wish list when you designed this saber and it's beautiful!!!! I love the knurled design that wraps around the body, kind of reminds me of Thor's armor a bit.  I love the emitter and the pommel, makes it hard to differentiate which side is which so non-Forced beings won't be able to notice it right away that it's a saber.  I love the shape of the emitter as well and the color of the saber is classy yet elegant.  I like the location of the D ring as well, puts the saber and wielder in a higher class of sorts. 

I'm loving it and thank you for keeping me in mind as well as Lady Revan when you designed this saber, Tyeth!!!!

Hello Infinit,

Thanks so much but I have an admission to make, I did build this before you commented about knurled grips so it was bit of a coincidence...however I'm glad you still approve of it! I tried to keep it simple and sleek but still keep it interesting.

Thanks again and congrats on your Spin Wars entry for this year! Point awarded.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: