Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri-Arctic Blue vs Tri-Guardian Blue  (Read 4592 times)
brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« on: December 22, 2016, 06:39:17 PM »

So, I've been AWOL from the saber world for quite a long time, but I'm getting back into it.
Currently, I'm taking advantage of the 15% off coupon.
The saber of choice of the Prophecy V3, with Obsidian V4
Now to the dilemma, I used to have a Dark Apprentice with Arctic Blue
The only issue I had with it, is that it was a bit pale, like a bit too much white.
Now, does the Tri-Arctic Blue fix that a bit?
Or should I just get a nice deep blue with Tri-Guardian Blue

Pics would be appreciated.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:50:38 PM »

I think if your having a problem with AB the tri is not going to fix it. I would go Guardian blue. I love that color.
Hopefully some one can chime in with a photo comparison.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »

Welcome back!

As far as Tri-C AB goes I can send you a pic it, but since I don't have the Tri-C GB I can't assist you there. 

Here is a Regular GB with a UEHG blade.  Its pretty bright and nice. 

Here is a the Fulcrum and Lost Gray in Tri-C AB with a HG blade.  The Arbiter is the regular GB with a UEHG blade, its in the middle.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »

Welcome back!

As far as Tri-C AB goes I can send you a pic it, but since I don't have the Tri-C GB I can't assist you there. 

Here is a Regular GB with a UEHG blade.  Its pretty bright and nice. 

Here is a the Fulcrum and Lost Gray in Tri-C AB with a HG blade.  The Arbiter is the regular GB with a UEHG blade, its in the middle.

Thanks. I think with the experience I had with AB as explained by Jedisith, and your consensus with the images.
GB  tri-cree seems like the ideal choice for me, since I'm looking for something with a strong kick blue.

Another side question, I was going to get premium sound, but is their a difference in brightness when using the standard batteries against the rechargeable ones from the obsidian v3/4 setup?

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »

Thanks. I think with the experience I had with AB as explained by Jedisith, and your consensus with the images.
GB  tri-cree seems like the ideal choice for me, since I'm looking for something with a strong kick blue.

Another side question, I was going to get premium sound, but is their a difference in brightness when using the standard batteries against the rechargeable ones from the obsidian v3/4 setup?

I think the brightness is very apparent once the regular batteries start losing there charge. The recharge ones that US offers is worth the money anyway you look at it.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:16 PM »

So, I've been AWOL from the saber world for quite a long time, but I'm getting back into it.
Currently, I'm taking advantage of the 15% off coupon.
The saber of choice of the Prophecy V3, with Obsidian V4
Now to the dilemma, I used to have a Dark Apprentice with Arctic Blue
The only issue I had with it, is that it was a bit pale, like a bit too much white.
Or should I just get a nice deep blue with Tri-Guardian Blue

Pics would be appreciated.

I have a Dark Prophecy V3 with TRI Arctic Blue and absolutely love it. It's pretty unique compared to the regular AB. It's a deep, full, tropical blue, made with 2 blue LEDs and 1 green LED, but there is no greeniness to it at all. It's gorgeous. In my opinion the most significant benefit you get from the TRI Guardian Blue is the fullness of the blade. It's already a very bright color, so visually the TRI cree version doesn't get much brighter but it does get a bit fuller, and even then Guardian Blue is just such a powerful color that even the regular Guardian Blue is incredible already.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »

I have regular Arctic and Guardian Blue only so I can't really help but I agree with the Guardian Blue. Nice and bright either way but its a standard set up for me so Tongue Tri-Arctic Blue does look like a nice color though as well

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 04:45:43 AM »

Just an idea, arctic blue can likely be deepened with a blue filter from Lee Filters or others, but guardian blue can not likely be shifted.

I've got a tri adegan silver with which I use filters. If white can be tipped into shades, why not a white blue mix like tri arctic blue?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »

Just an idea, arctic blue can likely be deepened with a blue filter from Lee Filters or others, but guardian blue can not likely be shifted.

I've got a tri adegan silver with which I use filters. If white can be tipped into shades, why not a white blue mix like tri arctic blue?
I suppose it could be deepened with a filter, but it would make the light dimmer. And actually, Arctic blue is a mix of Blue and Green.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »

I suppose it could be deepened with a filter, but it would make the light dimmer. And actually, Arctic blue is a mix of Blue and Green.

Filters would still work to lessen green or white. I've been told that tri arctic blue is blue white mix, unlike plain arctic of blue green mix. And br could choose how much filtering(light percentage) br wants.

I'm just recommending br could experiment to shift the way br wants without buying an all blue, since br said Arctic was a little white.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 10:14:32 PM »

Filters would still work to lessen green or white. I've been told that tri arctic blue is blue white mix, unlike plain arctic of blue green mix. And br could choose how much filtering(light percentage) br wants.

Both are made with blue and green. Tri Arctic blue has two blue diodes, and one green, that is why, maybe Lord Bladewraith says it is deeper than the regular AB. There is also some pics from Sedsti Skyfaller in the Blue Army thread in the Gallery, where he explains this. In one of the pics he has no blade on the hilt, and he is pointing it on a wall while turned on. You can see two blue circles and one green on the wall...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »

I realize I'm very late getting a reply in on this, but I took some pics of my Consular in regular Guardian Blue, my Lost Gray in TRI Guardian Blue and my Prophecy in TRI Arctic Blue, hoping it might still be helpful for some to see a comparison:

Consular - Guardian Blue (left), Lost Gray - TRI Guardian Blue (center) and Prophecy V3 - TRI Arctic Blue (left):

and here's a comparison of just the Consular with Guardian Blue (left) and the Lost Gray with TRI Guardian Blue (right) - Prophecy TRI AB turned off:

It's hard to depict on camera, at least with my iPhone 6S Plus camera, which is still a pretty good camera, but you'll notice the regular Guardian Blue on the left is actually quite bright but just not as full as the TRI Guardian Blue in the center.  If you look carefully at the base of the blade on the left starting just above the emitter going upward to the tip of the blade, the blade gradually loses it's "fill" of light.  Doing the same with the TRI Guardian Blue blade in the center, you'll notice the fill of color inside the blade stays consistent all the way to the tip of the blade at the top.

Then... there's the TRI Arctic Blue on the right and well, it speaks for itself. Consistent, bright fill on the entire blade.

Here's a look at the LEDs on the TRI Arctic Blue - first looking head on at the LEDs inside in the emitter (you'll notice the one green and the two blue leds there, casting their hues on the inside surface of the emitter:

Here's a TRI Arctic Blue without a blade or blade plug and just pointed directly at a white dry erase board:

My favorite? Definitely the Arctic Blue. It's beautiful.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »

Wow now I can see the Tri arctic blue looks way brighter in your first pic compared to the other two Guardians. I would go for that. The two guardians look pretty much the same to me from the picture. I would not sacrifice FOC for tri guardian from what I see there. -JS

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 04:33:58 PM »

Great work Lord Bladewraith, +1

My Lightsabers:

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »

Check out my video comparison.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pZ9porsSM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pZ9porsSM</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: