Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142708 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2535 on: January 06, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

Okay, we have lightsabres! Brief comments, with a full review and pictures to follow later on:

My Bane is very cool. It looks pretty simple in the pictures, but it's only when I was holding it that I really appreciated the detail of it. The emitter is a really nice piece. I've not had time to play with the settings yet, so I'll comment on the Emerald driver in the review. I asked for it to be sent with a Dark Violet blade and Sentinel Yellow pulse, as it's close to the lightsabre of a character I write. The transition passes through an interesting  shade of... taupe. I may fiddle with the settings to try and change that Cheesy

My two grab bags were an Aeon v3 LE in Consular Green, my first CG blade, and a Dark Standard Issue in Guardian Blue.

My Aeon is a nice middle ground between my v2 and my Shock, and actually goes well with the story in my head of a Jedi learning as he ascends the ranks, developing and constructing the three silver and gold 'sabres on his way from Padawan to Knight to Master. I think I need to get a new MLS unit for my Shock to complete the story, though...

The Dark Standard Issue is the exact same hilt, with grooves, as I ordered for my staff. It's a nice hilt, and one I'm familiar with. As I now have three GB blades, I'm considering re-wiring this one to Blazing Red. We'll see - I'll have to get the LED out and see if it's possible.

My premium grab bag was a Liberator, also in Guardian Blue. No MHS special, alas, but I like the Liberator. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, and although it wasn't high on my list, getting this sort of thing is exactly why I go for grab bags - a nice hilt, comfortable to hold, and sturdy.

Overall, I'm definitely very pleased with my order. The Bane is fantastic, I love the Aeon, the Liberator is a welcome surprise, and the SI offers potential. Pics and a full review to follow!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2536 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:53 PM »

Congratulations on those sabers, James!  I'm glad you like your Bane and I can't wait to see what you think of the emerald driver.  I like the sound of that Aeon, I want a V2 and a V3 model.  I also got a DSI in GB as one of my grab bags as well, though mine didn't have the grooves.  Looking forward to reading the reviews! Smiley

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2537 on: January 07, 2014, 04:56:37 AM »

James thanks for the sneak peek of your new sabers!  I think the grab bag hilts kinda give you a chance to have a hilt that you're on the fence about and may never commit to.  US just does it for you Smiley  I like the way the bane looks, there aren't too many hilts at that price point that are a dedicated design(not full MHS)  Do you have a particular theme in mind for your bane, light side/dark side ect?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Soske
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #2538 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:17 AM »

I ordered a stunt Guardian that is currently processing.  Also grabbed a coupler with intentions of eventually having a Shock LE staff.

Sound:
Belicose CG SRD FoC Green AV
Raven BR Red AV
Consular SY AS FoC Yellow AV
Shock LE BR AS FoC Red AV

Stunt:
Crimson Reaper AS
Phantasm V3 AB and FO
Archon V2.1 CG
Manticore SRD
Prophecy V3 GB
Dark Liberator BR
Initiate V3 AB
PVC Archon CG

Grab Bag:
Aeon V2 GB
Dominix V3 AB

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2539 on: January 09, 2014, 04:26:04 AM »

I am not so patiently waiting for my FIRST UltraSaber, the Dark Monarch!

I decided to go all out for my first saber, Sound, Violet Amethyst Ultra-edge blade, Adegan Silver FoC, with the Silver AV switch. I thought about going with the Emerald driver (dark shock w/sound), but I just had to have the Monarch. I plan on doing a review when it arrives, possibly a video review. 300 points would be nice, lol.

Currently, my order is "processing". I'm sure you all know what I mean when I say, "The anticipation is killing me!"

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

Deganj
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2540 on: January 09, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »

Im not so patiently waiting for my FIRST UltraSaber's either. BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO  Wink
5 Grab bags and a Phantom Initiate staff in Amethyst. Anticipation of great things. XD

BLAST EM.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2541 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »

Holy mother of all first saber orders batman! You went big man!!! Out of curiosity why so many and why didn't you get an emerald saber for the money you dropped! Just curious, and a lil jealous, that's like add water instant saber collection haha! Pics please when they get there!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Deganj
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2542 on: January 09, 2014, 10:47:21 PM »

Ahh, I am ordering not just for myself but a group of people. You are right to ask why I didnt go with the Emerald. And its because we are using these for dueling and sword combat. So a lot of training and a lot of abuse. Maybe in my next purchase I will use mah money on a customized saber just for me. When I'm not buying for other people.

BLAST EM.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2543 on: January 09, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »

Ah cool, well when they come in get some pics! And you'll love these sabers for your intent. You can beat the hell out of them!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2544 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »

Im not so patiently waiting for my FIRST UltraSaber's either. BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO  Wink
5 Grab bags and a Phantom Initiate staff in Amethyst. Anticipation of great things. XD

Good lord!  That's diving in head first.  Congrats on the sabers, hope to see pics of what you get. Smiley

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2545 on: January 10, 2014, 02:38:53 AM »

I'm just waiting for the dark standard issue to come back around for the deal of the day

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #2546 on: January 10, 2014, 05:57:59 AM »

So I got an email telling me my Prophecy in GB is on it's way back to me!  Should be here in a couple days!

Darth Raymonus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2547 on: January 10, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »

I received my Consular and my two grab bags.  Consular is an impressive looking saber.

Darth Raymonus
Dark Side

Sabers I own:
Dark Standard Issue battle saber v3/sound-Blazing Red/Fire Orange FOC
Archon V2.1/sound-Violet Amethyst/Silver FOC
Consular /sound-Consular Green/Silver FOC
Grab bag Initiate v2 and v3 in Guardian Blue

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2548 on: January 10, 2014, 06:42:04 PM »

Nice sabers. Congrats! Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Deganj
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2549 on: January 10, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »

NICE! :3 Everything else is just a toy.

BLAST EM.

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: