Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 915   Go Down
Author Topic: (im)Patiently waiting for my new _______!!!  (Read 2142700 times)
GavC
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Keep Calm and Carry a Lightsaber

« Reply #5340 on: January 28, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »

Scoimpious, I ordered 7th January. In the UK we write it d/m/y.
Nick8007, I was charged an extra $50 which I think is the difference between V4 and lite sound.
Spades, I got an email from FedEx with a tracking no. on it. When I click it, it takes me to their website and it days in transit and is currently in Memphis.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Standard Issue Battle Saber with Consular Green Blade & V4 Sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5341 on: January 28, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »

Spades, I got an email from FedEx with a tracking no. on it. When I click it, it takes me to their website and it days in transit and is currently in Memphis.

That means it's at the central hub.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

GavC
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5342 on: January 28, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »

That means it's at the central hub.
Is there still problems due to snow there that might hold it up?

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5343 on: January 28, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »

Nick8007, I was charged an extra $50 which I think is the difference between V4 and lite sound.

my statement stands, its just pointless for you.  because you are in the middle of shipping.  I was talking more for anyone who gets the notice may have an in accurate time for delivery simple because it is estimating that at the time of label creation. once us turns over the package is actually when your shipping date is figured and usually on point.

also, i am waiting for fedex today as well.  my saber came back from the shop. i have a freshly charged set of batteries, and I am ready to nerd out in my jedi bathrobe with my ultrasaber that I think I am going to name Claire... I like sara but i have recently obtained a friend named sara and I do not really want to have my girlfriend ask me if I named my saber after that girl specifically. (which in my mind consciously, it was not the case. im just playing minesweeper)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:56:05 PM by Spades » Logged

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5344 on: January 28, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »

Is there still problems due to snow there that might hold it up?

No, the weather forecast looks clear for Memphis.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Scoimpious
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points please.

« Reply #5345 on: January 28, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »

Ah...right. Didn't notice your accent.  Wink

Owned:  Guardian in nickle, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4, blue AV switch, and charge port.

Ordered:  Menace CE, Tri-Cree Blazing Red, Obsidian v4, red AV switch, and charge port.

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #5346 on: January 28, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »

got my saber back. I am happy with the quick work and am going to get to work on my review.

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

jschiestel
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5347 on: January 28, 2016, 05:46:35 PM »

Trying to be patient waiting for my Aeon V4 and Apprentice LE V3 for my son.  I got an email back from Marlena at US and they don't expect those hilts to be back in stock until the end of March.  It's going to be a long 8-12 weeks waiting for my first Ultrasabers.  I kind of wish that I would have waited until they were back in stock to order so I had use that money for 2 months, but wanted to get my order in so I didn't have to wait longer for the saber to be built when they do come back in stock.

EVE
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

The Force is with us. Always.

« Reply #5348 on: January 28, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »

Wow, I go away for a bit...and the whole thing done blows up! I'm happy for US and all the killer business they're doing. I do feel for the folks caught up in the whirlwind. Don't cancel your orders if you can help it, keep at it! US will come through for you all!

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."---Shakespeare

Blades: Heavy Grade Guardian Blue Sentinel V4 (Obsidian Lite), Heavy Grade Fire Orange Dark Initiate v2 (Stunt)

THX1138
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 41

« Reply #5349 on: January 28, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »

Trying to be patient waiting for my Aeon V4 and Apprentice LE V3 for my son.  I got an email back from Marlena at US and they don't expect those hilts to be back in stock until the end of March.  It's going to be a long 8-12 weeks waiting for my first Ultrasabers.  I kind of wish that I would have waited until they were back in stock to order so I had use that money for 2 months, but wanted to get my order in so I didn't have to wait longer for the saber to be built when they do come back in stock.

It's odd they have your money but you have nothing....

Mars Halgon
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #5350 on: January 28, 2016, 06:44:22 PM »

Wow, I go away for a bit...and the whole thing done blows up! I'm happy for US and all the killer business they're doing. I do feel for the folks caught up in the whirlwind. Don't cancel your orders if you can help it, keep at it! US will come through for you all!

That's how I feel about it -- you're going to be waiting one way or another as saber sales are going through the roof.  Just wait it out, and either try to forget (not going to happen for me Wink  )  or keep posting, like I've been doing.  Doesn't really keep my mind off it, but seems to help a bit, knowing there's a nice community of like-minded people here...

EVE
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

The Force is with us. Always.

« Reply #5351 on: January 28, 2016, 06:49:24 PM »

It's odd they have your money but you have nothing....

Well, if it's backordered, then...they get it when US has it to send. The money behind the order is a placeholder. If for whatever reason US can't come through, the "placeholder" is refunded. Better business practices FTW.

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."---Shakespeare

Blades: Heavy Grade Guardian Blue Sentinel V4 (Obsidian Lite), Heavy Grade Fire Orange Dark Initiate v2 (Stunt)

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #5352 on: January 28, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »

I think that what we are seeing is a small business suddenly being catapulted to a size at least an order of magnitude above what it was before.  You can bet that infrastructure, supplier/sourcing relations, internal policies and procedures, and staffing are nowhere near where they need to be and without any prior experience in this area, attempts to correct for it and late/inadequate responses to some of the unforeseen contingencies are only making it spiral further out of hand.  

That is NOT a criticism; that is simply a fact about how this kind of explosion hits a small business...any small business.  About the only thing they could possibly have done IMO would have been to hire a consultant about a year out to help them with their contingency planning but even that is not a guarantee since we are dealing with a niche market where other precedents for benchmarking might be not be that easy to find.  Also in a typical small business the owners are operational guys who are in the weeds with stuff (I do NOT know enough about US to know if that applies) and that kind of large-scale strategic forward thinking is a new experience that often ends up being forged in a fire, like this one.  It can be learned but unfortunately there can be some serious missteps along the way.

That is why I personally decided to be patient even though my own order had a hiccup.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #5353 on: January 28, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »

This is sort of similar to what happens when a small publishing company suddenly strikes gold with a bestseller.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

GavC
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5354 on: January 28, 2016, 07:11:56 PM »

Ah...right. Didn't notice your accent.  Wink
I've heard before that it doesn't come through on the internet:)

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 915   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: