Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I don't know what I'm doing...  (Read 2026 times)
Anjelka
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: December 12, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »

I want to make my BF a double bladed saber with sound... does both sides need sound or does it come from the coupler? What's the difference with the pummels? I know I seem very stupid... and I'm sorry...  Embarrassed

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:31 PM »

I want to make my BF a double bladed saber with sound... does both sides need sound or does it come from the coupler? What's the difference with the pummels? I know I seem very stupid... and I'm sorry...  Embarrassed

You don't seem stupid at all!  You're just new at this.  Lemme explain.

Sound comes from the speakers mounted in the lightsaber hilt, which is wired to the soundboard.  Since a double bladed saber is really just two single sabers attached with a coupler, to have a staff with sound you need a soundboard and speaker in each hilt, and a vented coupler.  This means you need vented pommels for each hilt, as the sound comes out of the very bottom of the pommel.

Hope that helps.  Feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »

Hey, one oddball I have... would the clash of a staff set off sounds in both hilts if they both had sound?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »

Hey, one oddball I have... would the clash of a staff set off sounds in both hilts if they both had sound?

I've never really gotten to use a staff with sound (apart from my friend's MR Maul a long time ago) so I'm not sure.  My guess would be yes, if you have the sensitivity settings up.

taylorjaymz
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »

I've never really gotten to use a staff with sound (apart from my friend's MR Maul a long time ago) so I'm not sure.  My guess would be yes, if you have the sensitivity settings up.
my phantasm has sound in both with the foc too, i had to change the settings around a bit but as long as you have the settings set to a somewhat stronger reaction for the clash and they are equal then they dont set each other off when one is hit unless ur going at it like raving animals and trying to destroy a brick wall:) it took a while to find a good setting but i finally did because it looked weird when one side of my staff would flash purple when only the other was hit...

Hasbro Luke FX-STOCK
MR Vader FX-STOCK
MR Maul Half-STOCK
MR-Anakin-STOCK W/Damage
Aeon  v2-CG
CG Prophecy-GB
Phantom V2 custom staff-FO
Phantasm V3 LE STAFF W/OBSIDIAN AND AV SWITCHES(AV-one blue one green)- VA

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 03:00:32 AM »

@ Taylorjaymaz:  If you don't mind, could you give us an idea of about what settings you used, this would come in handy especially for those of us (me too) that has never messed around with the settings.

@ Anjelka:  Having sound on both hilts would make the staff more balanced, but it is more expensive also.  I have never had a staff with sound on only one side, but hopefully someone else will come forward and share their opinion.

As far as hilts go, and again for the balance issue, I suggest using the same kind of design for both ends such as a:  Dominix, Aeon, Standard Issue, Liberator, Consular, etc,.

Good luck on your hunt.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

taylorjaymz
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 06:30:37 AM »

@ Taylorjaymaz:  If you don't mind, could you give us an idea of about what settings you used, this would come in handy especially for those of us (me too) that has never messed around with the settings.

@ Anjelka:  Having sound on both hilts would make the staff more balanced, but it is more expensive also.  I have never had a staff with sound on only one side, but hopefully someone else will come forward and share their opinion.

As far as hilts go, and again for the balance issue, I suggest using the same kind of design for both ends such as a:  Dominix, Aeon, Standard Issue, Liberator, Consular, etc,.

Good luck on your hunt.
about the balance part you mentioned iv tried a few and the diff sabers on both sides is a pain lol. and about the settings , i dont currently have mine due to it being in ultras possestion for repair lol but i do remember the swings was set to very very sensitive around 25/100 and the impact around 60/100. if those made any since lol

Hasbro Luke FX-STOCK
MR Vader FX-STOCK
MR Maul Half-STOCK
MR-Anakin-STOCK W/Damage
Aeon  v2-CG
CG Prophecy-GB
Phantom V2 custom staff-FO
Phantasm V3 LE STAFF W/OBSIDIAN AND AV SWITCHES(AV-one blue one green)- VA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: