Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on clash, lock up, the like  (Read 2934 times)
Wynn Vissar
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 23, 2012, 11:51:14 AM »

Alright, so I want to get an ultrasaber. The one thing I cannot find out is: how exactly does one activate the lockup n stuff? I know you hold the power buttin to turn it off, but how do you differentiate between the blaster block and the lockup soud effects? Is there a certain way you need to press the button or a certain time you must hold it down for? Please let me know because it is driving me banana sandwich.

Wynn

I have walked in the light for so long... Now I finally realize I cannot survive without my darkess as well.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

To activate lockup, you just tap your power button once the saber is already turned on. I've not figured out the blaster block completely myself, but I do know you need a sound for it loaded onto the board...with my Libby I set it to a hard swing so that I could do the dramatic swing/block.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »

Ok, the switch on an Ultrasaber with sound is a momentary switch.  One touch turns on.  A 2nd single touch activates the strobe effect and you hear the lock up sounds that you programmed onto your Obsidian soundboard.  You hold the switch down to get it to turn off.  The default Obsidian soundfont does not have blaster sound effects.  The Starkiller and Classic fonts that are free to download from the web site do have the blaster sound effects. 

Hope all of your questions have been answered.  If not, just let us know. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

For the blaster or force lightning effects you have to load that particular sound into a specific "slot" and it will be activated as noted above.  For example, there are "blaster deflection" sounds, but really all you can do is load them into the clash slot and they'll just activate from the standard impact or sudden jarring of the saber.  Further, if you load a "force lightning" lock-up sound into the lock-up slot, that's the sound you'll hear when you hit the button to activate the lock-up effect.

So, you can be as creative as you like for what sound goes where, you can even make your own sounds, (I've always wanted to do a Mario themed soundfont with coins, blocks breaking and jumping noises but haven't gotten around to it  Cheesy) but these are the only functions or slots you can put sounds into:

- Power-up: this happens once when the saber switches on (press the button once while it's off)
- Idle: the saber plays this continuously while it's lit up
- Swing: happens when you swing the saber, multiple sounds can go here and it will randomly choose one to play each time you swing
- Clash: smack the saber on something or quickly shake the hilt in your hand; multiple sounds can be loaded just like swing
- Lock-up: hit the power button once while the saber is lit and it will play this sound continuously until the button it pressed again - also the blade will quickly alternate colours if you have Flash on Clash
- Power-down: when the saber is lit, press and hold the button to turn it off and play this sound
- Start-up: this sound plays only once when you insert the batteries (I won't mention kill-keys cuz they're not offered here)

I know that before I bought my saber it wasn't clear on how it all worked with just one button.  I hope this helps!  Smiley

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: