Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Trouble with Saber FoC  (Read 1324 times)
SaberoftheJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

[LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE]

« on: October 05, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »

Yo, my Shock LE has recently stopped making the clashing noise when hit. I've run it through the Obsidian Driver and changed up the soundfonts a bit. While dueling with my mate, I realised the saber would only make the clash noise and FoC for the first 5-7 strikes after being initiated. Then, it's just like it has no FoC. The other sound functions work great, but any help would be appreciated! Cheers  Cheesy

Current Saber(s):

Shock LE in Arctic Blue with Obsidian Soundboard (Standard Soundfont)

Want:
Phantasm Initiate Staff in Consular Green & Violet Amethyst w/ No Sound

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:29:39 AM »

You could try reseting the board to default again. You should also try posting this in the obsidian order thread or the thecnical one,...good luck.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

SaberoftheJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

Thanks, I may have a solution though not sure quite yet...

I think the problem is that in the Sabretooth soundfont pack there aren't a full 12 clash sounds (or for me anyway) so I went ahead and replaced a few with the ORJ clashes, we'll see if it works. If not, I will have to post in the Obsidian Order...stupid of me not to in the first place, forgot it existed.

Current Saber(s):

Want:

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »

Thanks, I may have a solution though not sure quite yet...

I think the problem is that in the Sabretooth soundfont pack there aren't a full 12 clash sounds (or for me anyway) so I went ahead and replaced a few with the ORJ clashes, we'll see if it works. If not, I will have to post in the Obsidian Order...stupid of me not to in the first place, forgot it existed.
No, don't say that, we all ask our questions here, what ever problem we have, and maybe someone that knows more about it can give you a better answer than mine (I've never used the obsidian launcher). But in the obsidian order you will get all the experts and enthusiastics of the sound board quicker to respond... May the for be with you.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »

No, don't say that, we all ask our questions here, what ever problem we have, and maybe someone that knows more about it can give you a better answer than mine (I've never used the obsidian launcher). But in the obsidian order you will get all the experts and enthusiastics of the sound board quicker to respond... May the for be with you.

I agree. No stupid questions. I once had an issue with my Emerald that I had never seen or read about. I posted it, got some good responses, but nothing worked. The solution? Fresh batteries.

It happens to all of us, and that's why we're here.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

SaberoftheJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 01:07:44 AM »

Smiley thanks Landen

Current Saber(s):

Want:

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 01:15:57 AM »

Smiley thanks Landen

No problem. Did you get it figured out?

SaberoftheJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 01:54:42 AM »

No, but I posted in Obisidan Order and got a response from Rapine (not sure if u know him) and he told me to email customer support because it's not normal. Gonna send an email and see what we can see!

Current Saber(s):

Want:

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 02:14:39 AM »

No, but I posted in Obisidan Order and got a response from Rapine (not sure if u know him) and he told me to email customer support because it's not normal. Gonna send an email and see what we can see!

Yeah, I know him. Very helpful, that guy is. That was going to be my next suggestion to you as well, if you couldn't figure it out. I think there is a dedicated wire for the FoC, and if it's loose, it may be causing your issue.

Either way, if your saber is less than a year old, and you haven't put it in a pool, or if you haven't driven over it with a truck, you should be under warranty. Make sure to include your order number with your email, as that often speeds up the response. Also, be prepared to pay to have it shipped to them, if that's what needs to hapoen.

SaberoftheJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 08:13:45 AM »

Mmm, it hasn't been thrown in a pool or run over by a truck but it is more than a year old, voiding the warranty. If it's not under warranty, will I have to pay for repairs? Also, I don't know the order number, any way I can find out? Already emailed them but if I get a response it should be helpful. Cheers!  Grin

Current Saber(s):

Want:

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »

Mmm, it hasn't been thrown in a pool or run over by a truck but it is more than a year old, voiding the warranty. If it's not under warranty, will I have to pay for repairs? Also, I don't know the order number, any way I can find out? Already emailed them but if I get a response it should be helpful. Cheers!  Grin

That stinks!

I imagine you will have to pay for the repairs, but that's for US to decide. If you log into your account on their page, there should be a section under the manage my account page where you can track and review orders. Just make sure you select the right time frame for when you ordered. If you can't find it, it's not a big deal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: