Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Assassins Creed Origins  (Read 7776 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 10:24:21 PM »

Thanks. I find tiny texts really helps capture my snarky, Blackadder-esque British sense of humour.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 10:37:07 PM »

I have both and they're both good and both suck at the same time. Right now, I prefer the XBOX. But, that has more to do with reverse compatibility than anything else. It's hard to believe that I'd say this after all my not-so-fun efforts to get certain games to run in Vista and Windows 7, but Microsoft did backwards compatibility right on their consoles. Sony did it right on the PS2 and has bungled it since then. Also, I have big hands and like the XBOX controllers better. But, there's definitely some stuff to not like, such as the download times (sometimes) from MS's crappy servers. With the holiday weekend, it's going at a snail's pace, while I downloaded a game on Steam last night super fast. Same internet.

Anyway, I'll probably start with that Ezio collection, one of these days. I may also have the original game for the 360 around here, I can play that on the One as well. It's good to hear you're liking Origins so far, Knox. I've read good things about it, especially the environment and historical accuracy. That part will definitely appeal to me.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 10:43:20 PM »

So you download games rather than buying them on disc? Am I the only one who still buys things on disc?

I have taken a break from the game to watch football and rugby highlights on tv, but will get back to it shortly. Visually it is beautiful, but all the AC games have looked beautiful, so am not surprised by this. I am liking the fighting/stealth system so far. I can see lots of replay appeal from this game.

I think you will really enjoy the Ezio games. Lots of stuff to do, the "real world" story is interesting (but unlike the movie, is kept to a minimum so you can focus on the important part - gaming in the past), the voice acting is on point and there is some good humour in there too.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:31 PM »

So you download games rather than buying them on disc? Am I the only one who still buys things on disc?

I have taken a break from the game to watch football and rugby highlights on tv, but will get back to it shortly. Visually it is beautiful, but all the AC games have looked beautiful, so am not surprised by this. I am liking the fighting/stealth system so far. I can see lots of replay appeal from this game.

I think you will really enjoy the Ezio games. Lots of stuff to do, the "real world" story is interesting (but unlike the movie, is kept to a minimum so you can focus on the important part - gaming in the past), the voice acting is on point and there is some good humour in there too.

Yup, I download them since it's easier to swap games rather than get up and walk over.  We play lots of games with friends and prefer to it loading much quicker as well.  Even with a physical game disc, both consoles will still have to download the entire game before you can play anyhow.  The only difference is that games you buy from the store is missing the 5 GB part that makes it work without a disc which is what the games you buy have.  I prefer it and have an external to move games that I don't play often to clear up space. (I have over 100 games on my Xbox One alone).

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 11:00:11 PM »

Yup, I download them since it's easier to swap games rather than get up and walk over. 
Lazy Ass!  Grin Grin Grin

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »

Lazy Ass!  Grin Grin Grin

[/quote

Lol. They also load quicker as performance is key to my gaming

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »

I do both, depends on prices. I got No Man's Sky recently for the XBOX One from Amazon on disc because it was cheaper. Yesterday, I bought Batman: Return to Arkham on digital because it was massively reduced in the XBOX digital store.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 12:00:54 AM »

I always buy my games used. And I always tend to wait a year after release so the price will drop. So ACO was about £50 on release but I got it today for £15. Plus, if I ever get bored of it I can trade it in for another game.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »

I always buy my games used. And I always tend to wait a year after release so the price will drop. So ACO was about £50 on release but I got it today for £15. Plus, if I ever get bored of it I can trade it in for another game.

I stopped buying from Game Stop since their back buy prices have always been an insult so I buy my games to own nowadays and don't mind if they're new or if I pay more since from experience, a lot of the used games I bought had scratches where up to a certain point, I couldn't play it.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 12:14:38 AM »

Gamestop is a POS company. I stopped buying there when I realized I could get new games cheaper at Amazon and Walmart than what they wanted for used games. However, other stores sell used games. Ebay, Amazon, Walmart, other assorted big box stores. With the brick and mortar stores, you can usually find used both in stores and online.

With modern games where they're going to do a bunch of DLC, I usually wait for a massive price drop or sale and get the season pass, or wait for a complete compilation to be released.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 12:19:53 AM »

I stopped buying from Game Stop since their back buy prices have always been an insult so I buy my games to own nowadays and don't mind if they're new or if I pay more since from experience, a lot of the used games I bought had scratches where up to a certain point, I couldn't play it.
Game (which is different to Gamestop) and CeX over here are probably the two biggest chains that sell used games, but they will not buy a disc off you unless it is in perfect condition. They will check the disc before you can trade it in, so you know when you buy it there will no issues.

As for price, I am physically incapable of spending £50-£60 on just one game. I just cannot do it. And so I am patient....watching....waiting...until the time comes.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 12:25:21 AM »

Understood gentlemen.  Sometimes it's better to wait to be able to afford some games. I'm a huge gamer since I follow new games, console updates, release and go to conventions like E3.  My game play is much different and on a larger scale than the average player so I in turn buy my games and consoles differently and to fit my needs.  I typically buy new games and preorder the ones that I like.  Others that I don't care for, I'll wait until it's cheaper but most of the time I spend $60.00 which isn't cheap and I'm not bragging by any means.  I also partake in the free Microsoft games that they give us once a month too. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 12:27:59 AM »

I also partake in the free Microsoft games that they give us once a month too. 
Sounds like bragging to me!  Tongue Grin

I would say that I am definitely more a casual gamer. It helps pass the time occasionally, when I'm not watching movies, at the gym or out & about.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2018, 12:37:54 AM »

Sounds like bragging to me!  Tongue Grin

Well, if you insist...  Cool

I would say that I am definitely more a casual gamer. It helps pass the time occasionally, when I'm not watching movies, at the gym or out & about.

You're a man of many talents, Knox

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2018, 12:39:34 AM »

You're a man of many talents, Knox
That's what she said!  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: