Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is brightness affected by...  (Read 949 times)
Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »

I know that a Li-ion battery setup will improve brightness. Will upgrading to an Obsidian lite board? Upgrading from lite to premium V3/V4?

Given the same power setup, say a V4, will a Flash on Clash Guardian blue be brighter than a single normal LED Guardian blue?

Thanks!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:50:45 AM »

A Lithium-ion that matches the requirements of the board and LED give you the brightest LED at optimum charge. Period.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:48:42 PM »

No, the only thing that could further improve brightness is using a BuckPuck instead of a Resistor setup. A FoC saber is as bright as a non-FoC saber. FoC sabers use a multi-colour LED pad, non-FoC sabers a single-colour (no mixed colours) or also a multi-colour (mixed colours) LED pad. But both the single-colour and multi-colour LED pads are equally bright.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:15:43 PM »

when it comes to LEDs, the only thing that affects brightness is current. If you want it brighter, add more juice

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »

Don't mean to point out the obvious but wouldn't Tri-Cree with Li-ion and buck puck be the brightest that US has to offer?

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »

Don't mean to point out the obvious but wouldn't Tri-Cree with Li-ion and buck puck be the brightest that US has to offer?

Yes

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:42 AM »

That's my understand, brightness and steady brightness (i.e. no loss of brightness as the Lithium-ion draws low juice, hence the buckpuck).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: