Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from Melbourne, Australia!  (Read 3233 times)
DarthDude95
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 02, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »

Hi everyone! Cheesy My name's Callum, I'm 17 years old and I'm from Melbourne, Australia! I've been a passionate fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, so it's really great to see others who share the same love for Star Wars that I share.^_^ I hope to learn more from fellow SW fans about the Star Wars universe - and lightsabers in particular - while I'm here, so if you're ever up a chat about anything Star Wars, then feel free to add me (especially if you're a fellow Aussie!) as I'm open to talk with just about anyone, but don't add me if you're gonna hate or diss or anything derogatory, I've had enough experience with bullies already. I'm also a bit of a cosplayer, I love cosplay although I don't really own many costumes and props, though I'm hoping to get an ultrasaber (or two) by Christmas.

Well that's about it from me! Peace out everyone, and may the force be with you!^_^
-Callum-

There is no death... There is The Force.

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 58

Wulffe Frosthunter Corellian Jedi

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »

Welcome to the awesomest star wars forum    Cool I dont think you will have to worry about any bullies here, even the sith are pretty friendly. Cheesy

I am a leaf upon the wind.....watch how I soar

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »

Welcome to the awesomest star wars forum    Cool I dont think you will have to worry about any bullies here, even the sith are pretty friendly. Cheesy

That's because we can hide our true intentions from the Jedi fools ...  Lips sealed

So: Welcome to the forum, youngling!  Cool

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

You won't get negativity here, man. We like our 'own kind' here! Cheesy

Glad to have you aboard!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

DarthDude95
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:34:13 AM »

Thanks a bunch for the friendly welcoming Wolfknight, Darth Sabre, and Eerockk, I feel at home already! Cheesy And btw, those are awesome looking sabers you guys have!!! Are they ultrasabers? I noticed the brightness is a heck of a lot better than some of other sabers around! Now I can't wait to get one! Cheesy So what kind of ultrasaber models do you guys have?
Also, with the saber models with sound that are on sale on the website, do you have to add $90 (for the Obsidian sound font) to whatever the saber model costs? And what do the sabers run on? (Batteries? Charger?)
Thanks again for the welcome guys, I really appreciate it! Cheesy
May the force be with you! Smiley

There is no death... There is The Force.

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 12:39:17 PM »

Hey dude (sorry, couldn't help myself!  Grin)

my blade is an Overlord RGB with sound (though without CoF) with a Li-ion setup and, of course, with sound. And yes, it's bright...  Cool Cool Cool (due to the Li-ion).

I have chosen a heavy grade blade for the sheer power of it !  Grin Doesn't reduce the brightness very much.

Here are the links to some of my pics and a short review. Enjoy !

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=9823.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=9850.0

Wolfknight
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 58

Wulffe Frosthunter Corellian Jedi

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

Thanks a bunch for the friendly welcoming Wolfknight, Darth Sabre, and Eerockk, I feel at home already! Cheesy And btw, those are awesome looking sabers you guys have!!! Are they ultrasabers? I noticed the brightness is a heck of a lot better than some of other sabers around! Now I can't wait to get one! Cheesy So what kind of ultrasaber models do you guys have?
Also, with the saber models with sound that are on sale on the website, do you have to add $90 (for the Obsidian sound font) to whatever the saber model costs? And what do the sabers run on? (Batteries? Charger?)
Thanks again for the welcome guys, I really appreciate it! Cheesy
May the force be with you! Smiley

Oh yes, they are ultrasabers, and hell yes they are super bright! My friends little girl was playing with one of my ultrasabers last night and when she held it close to me I had to squint my eyes it was so dang bright! And thats in a lighted room! So far I have a Dominex in artic blue, a Monarch in fire orange, and an Dark Initiate in consular green for my son.

The sabers run on batteries. You can get the standard set up which is AAA. If you do I recomend you get some good rechargeable batteries and a charger. I bought some rechargeable Rayovac Platinum NiMH AAA's for my saber that has the standard set up and they seem to do pretty good.

The other battery option is the Li-Ion set up. This will be two AA Li-Ion rechargeable batteries and it will come with a charger. Li-Ion batteries are the best rechargeable batteries on the market from what I understand. With normal rechargeables you will loose power as the batteries run out. So you saber will get dimmer. With the Li-Ions I have not seen any power drop. Your saber stays the same brightness until it stops working because the batteries are drained and need recharged.

If you want sound in your saber then yes you do have to pay the $90 or whatever price for the sound upgrade. You also Must have the Li-Ion battery set up to be able to even do the sound upgrade.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions  Smiley

I am a leaf upon the wind.....watch how I soar

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

Heya DarthDude! Welcome from a fellow Aussie, Star Wars nut, and costumer (though I've yet to wear it in public... not too many cosplayers in ACT).

These are a bunch of great folks. Sith or Jedi, we're all on the same side on the foums.

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

From ONe newb to another "Greetings and Welcome"

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 04:46:20 AM »

Hey Callum, just wanted to welcome you to our community. I promise that you will NOT find any sort of bullying or mistreatment here. This is a safe place. Trust me, I know from experience. If you will allow me to, I'd like to share a story with you.

Not long ago, I went through a really bad divorce with the woman who I thought was the love of my life. We had been married for 17 years when she decided to leave me for another man. It very nearly destroyed me. And I mean that in every sense of the word. I found this community and they welcomed me with open arms. I can truly call these people my friends, even though we may never have met face to face.

I say this because I know what being bullied is like. I was bullied throughout middle and high school, and it's not fun. I hate it with a passion and do my best to stomp it out where I see it. So rest easy. You are among friends.

Light or Dark. Jedi or Sith. We take care of our own.

The Force will be with you ... always.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Rajen
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Is the Dark Side stronger? No. Quicker, easier...

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »

Hey Callum, just wanted to welcome you to our community. I promise that you will NOT find any sort of bullying or mistreatment here. This is a safe place. Trust me, I know from experience. If you will allow me to, I'd like to share a story with you.

Not long ago, I went through a really bad divorce with the woman who I thought was the love of my life. We had been married for 17 years when she decided to leave me for another man. It very nearly destroyed me. And I mean that in every sense of the word. I found this community and they welcomed me with open arms. I can truly call these people my friends, even though we may never have met face to face.

I say this because I know what being bullied is like. I was bullied throughout middle and high school, and it's not fun. I hate it with a passion and do my best to stomp it out where I see it. So rest easy. You are among friends.

Light or Dark. Jedi or Sith. We take care of our own.

The Force will be with you ... always.

Saber salute and a point for you Solinus!

Find Peace in Emotion
Seek Knowledge from Ignorance
Feel Serenity in Passion
See Harmony in Chaos
Know the Force in Death
- Rajen Dusk's reflections on the Code

(Light side please if you're willing)

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »

Not long ago, I went through a really bad divorce with the woman who I thought was the love of my life. We had been married for 17 years when she decided to leave me for another man. It very nearly destroyed me.Been there And I mean that in every sense of the word. I found this community and they welcomed me with open arms. I can truly call these people my friends, even though we may never have met face to face.this we should remedy

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: