Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 130528 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2018, 07:42:17 AM »

Sentinels take a while to come into their own, but they're stupidly powerful once you're several levels in. Not so great defensively, but your brutal attacks make up for it.

I have noticed he has pretty low health.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2018, 07:58:47 AM »

I have noticed he has pretty low health.

That's because you're DPS (damage per second.) DPS classes always get less health but stronger attacks. The idea is, by the time something can knock your health all the way down, you've killed it. Tanks are the ones that can take more damage. That's one path you can take as a Jedi Guardian. But, the trade-off to being able to take more hits is that your attacks are weaker.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »

That's because you're DPS (damage per second.) DPS classes always get less health but stronger attacks. The idea is, by the time something can knock your health all the way down, you've killed it. Tanks are the ones that can take more damage. That's one path you can take as a Jedi Guardian. But, the trade-off to being able to take more hits is that your attacks are weaker.

ah. that would explain why. the only times I died was when I was fighting a big group. and that time I fell off a cliff while I was wandering around but that doesn't count.

-Broadside

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »

The game gets really annoying when you're near your credit cap. It pops up a message every time you earn credits, which you do right and left in the game. Roll Eyes

I definitely don't recommend totally free, unless you literally just want a little demo of the game before committing to anything. But, for $5, preferred status is worth it, especially if you plan to really play.

I agree with that Wink

I just want to know if I can play 3 or 4 level in the beginning for free before buying something Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »

F2P has restriction, that sounds ok. But, do these restrictions enable you to discover the game for several hours?

I did not know for Amazon ... I will study that ... Thank you Wink

I think that servers are continental ... so I will discover the ones we have on this side of the ocean Wink

Anyway, that is cool you can play solo ...

Free will still get you hours of play, even solo, yes.

This is the Amazon pack.  Pretty worth it for the money considering 90 days alone is $45 USD (plus tax)

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Knights-Eternal/dp/B00T8NURF8?th=1

Yes, there are some Europe servers for English, French, and German if those are better for you, especially in distance being closer.  Less server lag.

F2P restrictions are somewhat limiting. Fewer character slots, barely hold any money, no mail, can't start PMs, can't use top rarity gear. But having said that the entire main game is available to play. I do suggest subbing once as that opens up all the expansions and makes you preferred. A preferred player has fewer restrictions while still being F2P. They get more character slots, can hold money, can use the mail but cannot send money via mail, they still cannot use top gear but you can buy perks to remove many of the restrictions either with cash or off the auction house in game. Use the account key, it gives you 100 cash shop points a month for using it and it increases your account security.

The game gets really annoying when you're near your credit cap. It pops up a message every time you earn credits, which you do right and left in the game. Roll Eyes

I definitely don't recommend totally free, unless you literally just want a little demo of the game before committing to anything. But, for $5, preferred status is worth it, especially if you plan to really play.

Preferred is definitely better than free and worth the $5.  The account key is a good idea for the 100 Cartel Coins a month for sure.

To avoid credit cap as a free player you can just get one of the starter strongholds.  I think you need to hit Legacy 10 to open Legacy stuff and then you can have a Legacy storage and you can just dump credits in there so your inventory doesn't hit credit cap.

One of the best first things to buy with Cartel Coins is the Artifact armor unlock.  Then you don't miss out on the better armor in the game, especially modable armor.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »

I may try this prefered thingy...

then again I get the opportunity to actually play maybe once every two months so...

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »

Haven't actually started playing the game yet, but I have it downloaded and my character created for when I do. I'm looking forward to having a SW game to play whenever I'm bored.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2018, 12:06:50 AM »

You guys are making me want to play this again, but I really want to finish KOTOR (for the three dozenth time or so) on my XBOX One first. I may at least get the game updated so that I can play it after I finish KOTOR again. My Jedi Sentinel is somewhere in the 30s or 40s, level wise, and I can always start another character. I kind of want to play through the Consular story line. I've never even gone all the way through Chapter One (the main class story lines) on any character class other than the Jedi Knight one.

I think I'm going to create a Cathar Jedi Sage when I play again. Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2018, 12:49:02 AM »

My character is a Zaabrak Jedi Shadow. Played a little bit just now, and I think I will have a ton of fun with it. Probably won't spend nearly as much time on it as I do on ESO, but should be fun.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2018, 01:39:26 AM »

My character is a Zaabrak Jedi Shadow. Played a little bit just now, and I think I will have a ton of fun with it. Probably won't spend nearly as much time on it as I do on ESO, but should be fun.

My wife got me into Elder Scrolls Online recently (She bought it, I won't complain) but it still doesn't scratch that MMORPG itch like EverQuest did back in the day, or WoW when it first released... maybe I've just gotten older and crankier, but I can generally do without the MMO part of an MMORPG anymore...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »

My wife got me into Elder Scrolls Online recently (She bought it, I won't complain) but it still doesn't scratch that MMORPG itch like EverQuest did back in the day, or WoW when it first released... maybe I've just gotten older and crankier, but I can generally do without the MMO part of an MMORPG anymore...

I just love the fantasy aspect of ESO. I am actually a bigger High Fantasy fan than I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy or straight Sci-Fi fan. LOTR being the gold standard. Elder Scrolls is cool, and I am loving Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere, but LOTR is where it is at. But SW is awesome, so I am looking forward to playing more of SWTOR.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »

I just love the fantasy aspect of ESO. I am actually a bigger High Fantasy fan than I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy or straight Sci-Fi fan. LOTR being the gold standard. Elder Scrolls is cool, and I am loving Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere, but LOTR is where it is at. But SW is awesome, so I am looking forward to playing more of SWTOR.

speaking of Brandon Sanderson, have you read his Reckoners trilogy?

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »

Not yet. They are on my list, but right now I don't even have time to keep up with all of the Forumverse, let alone my list of nearly 100 or so books.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »

Somebody recommended I check out Sanderson's Oathbringer but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy yet and I think it is the third part of another trilogy called the Stormlight Archives, so would need to read the first two as well.

Oathbringer alone consists of one prologue, 122 chapters, 14 interludes and an epilogue!  Shocked

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »

Somebody recommended I check out Sanderson's Oathbringer but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy yet and I think it is the third part of another trilogy called the Stormlight Archives, so would need to read the first two as well.

Oathbringer alone consists of one prologue, 122 chapters, 14 interludes and an epilogue!  Shocked

dang.
That is insanely long.

-Broadside

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: