Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 130365 times)
Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 09:38:37 AM »

Free to Play is up now on Star Wars The Old Republic BUT here is the list of what you get docked.

~Free to Play Features~

Sprint at level 15 not level 1

1 crew skill not 3

No priority status in login queue

No bank access

Credits are capped at 200,000

Restricted tells and General Chat use only on Origin Worlds

Can only receive in-game mail, not send it

Cannot Trade

Only 2 listings on the Galactic Trade Network

Resecilization costs higher than those paid by a preferred status and subscription players

Two Character Slots and 2 Species Options

A weekly pass to unlock Operation access is required

Five Warzones per week or purchase a weekly pass to unlock this restriction. Cannot access Ranked Warzones

Full rewards from three Flashpoints per week or purchase a weekly pass to unlock rewards for all Flashpoints

Three Space Missions per week or purchase a weekly pass to unlock this restriction.

Purchase the ability to expand inventory slots with Cartel Coins from the Cartel Market.

Longer Quick Travel cool-down period or purchase an authorization to permanently reduce the cool-down for Quick Travel

No access to Emergency Fleet Pass. Purchase an authorization to unlock quick travel to the Fleet.

Use a Mount approximately five to ten levels later.

Revive at the nearest Med Center or a total of five times in the fielf per character. Unlock additional Field Revives with Cartel Coins from the Cartel Market.

Cannot equip most purple items unless an authorization is puerchased from the Cartel Market.

Earn a reduced amount of Commendations per week

Can join any Guild, but can only become a Guild Leader of a Free-to-Play Guild.

Receive an increased price on vendor items.

Takes longer to gain EXP

Cannot gain Rest EXP

Takes longer to raise Valor Levels

Access to two Quickslots

Cannot equip even awards unless an authorizaiton is purchased from the Cartell Market.

Remove item mods for a higher amount of Credits than a Subscriber.

Augment items for a higher amount of Credits than a Subscriber.

Web Customer Service and support FAQs and Access to Knowledge Base articles, no in game support.

Here is the website I found the list on... http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Honestly Free-to-Play isn't bad if that's all you can afford; but if you can Sub its way better.

I was Beta then just missed getting my game for the founders title (still a bit pissed about that one).

But from what I have seen the servers have gone to hell in a hand basket because of the damn f2p morons. (I'm not saying all f2p are morons, I'm just saying a good number of them are) I have had more problems with f2p players than Subs these past few weeks.

But both me and Pin play, we play Republic only now, we used to have a few toons on the Imp side but never found a good guild so we said forget it and deleted them. But we hang out on Harbinger.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »

I agree the subscription is the way to go...IF you like the graphics and mechanics of the game.  It took half a day for me to download the client to test drive F2P.  I like it, but am unsure if the time I can commit is worth the price of admission.  I bought a lifetime sub for Star Trek Online (pre-order), which I also like, but just have too many distractions; like hanging out here and buying sabers.  :-p  -Saint

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »

You really shouldn't judge every game on its graphics, some of the best games in the world are played in 8 or even 16 bit. And not everything can run the Frostbite engine.

As for the mechanics of the game they are the same as any MMO that I have ever played. The only REAL difference I see, is that you don't have auto attack, and you have a companion that makes up for at lest 1 person in the group of you have them geared right.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »

You really shouldn't judge every game on its graphics, some of the best games in the world are played in 8 or even 16 bit. And not everything can run the Frostbite engine.

As for the mechanics of the game they are the same as any MMO that I have ever played. The only REAL difference I see, is that you don't have auto attack, and you have a companion that makes up for at lest 1 person in the group of you have them geared right.

All MMO's seem to have the same mechanics. The abilities tend to be the same I just wish there was a Neutral side for Smugglers/Bounty Hunters. Because they can go for either side, and 9 default classes would be pretty awesome. Also why couldnt we be Trandoshan/Rodian/Wookiee? They're among my favorite Species next to Chiss.

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

All MMO's seem to have the same mechanics. The abilities tend to be the same I just wish there was a Neutral side for Smugglers/Bounty Hunters. Because they can go for either side, and 9 default classes would be pretty awesome. Also why couldnt we be Trandoshan/Rodian/Wookiee? They're among my favorite Species next to Chiss.

When WoW came out they didn't have all the races they do now. Give it time, TOR has only been out for a year this Dec.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

I'm kinda bummed about some of the restrictions on F2P. I'll stay F2P though, since the amount of time I actually devote to the game(and can devote to it) do not justify the price for the sub.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JacththeBountyHunter
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

I've got you a one way ticket to hell

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »

Getting it soon
My name will be Jacth the Invincible

Peace is a lie, but there is no Emotion
Follow the way of Revan

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 02:04:03 AM »

My real issue with F2P is the inability to use in game chat... you have to wait 60 seconds between your posts, so it makes RP or conversations really difficult at best.

I hate being limited to 2 characters also, as I tend to like making and playing alts to try everything out and tweak different appearance settings.  So far I've deleted level 30+ toons because I get burned out on the story and want to play something else... I think I currently have two characters at level 15 and 16, one Jedi, one Sith, though that's subject to change at any time.

I too am on Ebon Hawk, just not on as often as I was before my knee surgery  (gets difficult to want to sit at my desk when I cant stretch out my leg like I need to)

I'd love a subscription, but it's a tad difficult financially until I get back to work on a regular basis.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 07:06:01 AM »

I started back up and have been having a lot of fun.

I'm on Ebon Hawk on both sides if anyone is ever looking for someone to help out PM me.

Or if anyone needs a speeder, or some cartel market items, I have a few spares that I'm willing to part with to help out a fellow Saberforumian (I treat the forums like I guild, I don't sell to guildies, only give).

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »

Wife bought me a subscription for my birthday back in March... I've been having fun, but alt-itis keeps getting to me, I've got 4 characters right now and none are level 25 yet...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Shaugi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »

Wife bought me a subscription for my birthday back in March... I've been having fun, but alt-itis keeps getting to me, I've got 4 characters right now and none are level 25 yet...

I've had 9 since Launch and only 2 50's lol

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »

I haven't played in, like two months. I like it, it's just too far down on the priorities list ATM.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »

Used to. But with Lucas Arts getting the axe, who knows if this game will stay or not.

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 10:22:55 PM »

The game is owned, developed and operated by EA/Bioware.  LucasArts just licensed it.
In this sense, it's already doing exactly what Disney wanted to do with Star Wars games -- use LA to license out the material to external developers and publishers.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:42 AM »

I've cancelled my subscription for the time being since I no longer have the time to put in the hours I use to put in.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: