Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 130519 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »

Just reactivated my account... again... got the Shadow of Revan stuff, I'm really wanting to get into the next expansion when it drops a little later this fall.  They've made a few changes to the game, I may have to completely start a new character to level up from scratch to get refreshers on things work.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:21 AM »

Just reactivated my account... again... got the Shadow of Revan stuff, I'm really wanting to get into the next expansion when it drops a little later this fall.  They've made a few changes to the game, I may have to completely start a new character to level up from scratch to get refreshers on things work.

If you haven't played in a good long while- aka since before they changed the skill tree stuff- then yeah you've got a bit to catch up on. Still not really a fan on the new skill line, I think its been dumbed down too much and I liked the ability to choose more openly what bonuses you wanted. Guess the advantage is now I don't have to think what to choose each time I level up

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »

Have they made FTP any better, or do you still need to subscribe for the game to be any good?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »

Have they made FTP any better, or do you still need to subscribe for the game to be any good?

Actually with their subscriber bonus XP thing they are running at the moment it makes it extremely skewed playing sub vs FTP. If you were playing FTP on your own or with other FTP people you wouldn't notice it as bad, but if you were FTP while with friends who are sub then the subs level up that much faster. I play with another SF member and he has been playing on prefered status for a while now. We were the same level, then with the sub bonus with only about 5 or so days of playing a few hours at a time I was 4 levels in front.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:09 PM »

Actually with their subscriber bonus XP thing they are running at the moment it makes it extremely skewed playing sub vs FTP. If you were playing FTP on your own or with other FTP people you wouldn't notice it as bad, but if you were FTP while with friends who are sub then the subs level up that much faster. I play with another SF member and he has been playing on prefered status for a while now. We were the same level, then with the sub bonus with only about 5 or so days of playing a few hours at a time I was 4 levels in front.

I believe the Rested bonus for subscribers would also stack with that, which just pumps it up even further.  If you also had a XP booster active, it too would increase your XP gain on top of the other two.  They basically made it so you could level up almost completely by just running your class driven story quests only.  If someone decided to do that, I would also recommend doing the main planetary story, which is usually the first one you pick up on the station or going planetside.  You go to mostly the same place and get more rewards.  The rest of the side quests you could probably ignore.  The idea was so that people could level to max in minimal time, start to gather some end game gear, and be ready for the next expansion in October that they are giving away for free to Subscribers.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

TEmmett
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2015, 07:07:07 PM »

I just reinstalled it last night, because I'm bored. I can't remember what server off the top of my head though, I want to say Harbinger, but I was transferred around a couple times when they merged servers. I played at release and by the time I hit 50, everyone else I know had quit (as it goes with MMOs). Still have a 50 Operative, and mid 30s Sorcerer and Powertech. Started playing with a Sage last night though.

I'm not really surprised by the skill line change; it's essentially the same thing WoW did with just a touch more flexibility to it. Just like in WoW, I miss the ability to split points between lines if I wanted.

Manticore CE - Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Grab Bag Special x 2 - Archon Body, Bellicose Pommel, Mantis Emitter - Guardian Blue
Initiate v4 - Adegan Silver
War Glaive - Emerald RB, Obsidian v4

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2015, 02:25:56 AM »

I just reinstalled it last night, because I'm bored. I can't remember what server off the top of my head though, I want to say Harbinger, but I was transferred around a couple times when they merged servers. I played at release and by the time I hit 50, everyone else I know had quit (as it goes with MMOs). Still have a 50 Operative, and mid 30s Sorcerer and Powertech. Started playing with a Sage last night though.

I'm not really surprised by the skill line change; it's essentially the same thing WoW did with just a touch more flexibility to it. Just like in WoW, I miss the ability to split points between lines if I wanted.

I did end up starting a new character.  Wanted to try out the Great Hunt, so I made a Ratakka (Rakatta?) Hunter... I've finished Hutta, Balmorra, and almost all of Nar Shadda and am currently a level 29, which means I'm above the level for most of the mobs in the zone.  Maybe I should've made a Jedi or Sith... I already have a level 52 Assassin, but he was getting his @$$ handed to him in every fight on Ilium. Need new gear and get used to the skill restructuring...

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »

I think you actually mean the Rattataki species? Up to now, I never found a way to play a Rakata Wink Grin

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »

I think you actually mean the Rattataki species? Up to now, I never found a way to play a Rakata Wink Grin

Yeah, them... the pale skinned guys with the tattoos and jewelery

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:54 AM »

They're quite interesting...but I don't want to spend 600 CC only to unlock a new species. I rather use them for Legacy XP Boosts or Companion Bonuses ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »

I did end up starting a new character.  Wanted to try out the Great Hunt, so I made a Ratakka (Rakatta?) Hunter... I've finished Hutta, Balmorra, and almost all of Nar Shadda and am currently a level 29, which means I'm above the level for most of the mobs in the zone.  Maybe I should've made a Jedi or Sith... I already have a level 52 Assassin, but he was getting his @$$ handed to him in every fight on Ilium. Need new gear and get used to the skill restructuring...

The best gear strategy, at least that I have found, is that you should get modable gear, as early as you can.  I usually try and buy a cheap set, or use one of my sets I get from my account from all the subscriber rewards.  Then I usually upgrade every other planet or so.  They lowered the cost for mods and such from vendors, so it only takes around 50 planetary comms to fully upgrade 7 pieces of armor plus your weapons.  If you do bonus missions and heroics, and you take comm rewards rather than gear rewards, you usually get enough.  Also you have to upgrade a companion if you want them to be any good.  The Ewok companion Treek is the best in the game IMO.  When you get her, they give you two sets of modable gear for her, so you can build one out for tank and one for healer.  She does both quite well.  Also, so that money isn't an issue, take up slicing.  Free money boxes all over the place, and missions that give you money boxes(although you have to stick to bountiful and rich to make a profit).  Also I do scavenging and sell all the metal I find and take from droids.  Huge cash there.  Lastly I take treasure hunting.  I usually don't bother with gemstones.  I usually either get lockboxes which often contain decent sellable gear, or I do companion gifts.  I believe I had amassed over a million credits before I even got to level 30.  I'm level 40-some and I have almost 2 million.

They're quite interesting...but I don't want to spend 600 CC only to unlock a new species. I rather use them for Legacy XP Boosts or Companion Bonuses ^^

You're better off leveling a character to unlock the species.  XP boosts are good, though I'm not sure what companion bonuses you're talking about.  The only companion stuff I'd spend any money on would be Treek or HK-51.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

I've got like 20,000 Cartel Credits... I never spent any during any of my times as a subscriber, so dropping some to unlock a few characters really isn't a big deal.  I do need to jump on the modifiable gear though... I just keep leveling up using whatever I find or earn... though usually I do take commendations before I take other rewards.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »

I've got like 20,000 Cartel Credits... I never spent any during any of my times as a subscriber, so dropping some to unlock a few characters really isn't a big deal.  I do need to jump on the modifiable gear though... I just keep leveling up using whatever I find or earn... though usually I do take commendations before I take other rewards.

That's quite a lot of Cartel Credits.  I spent some of mine on several occasions.  I unlocked extra character slots, a bank tab, several things they restrict as a non subscriber like titles and equipment, in case I wasn't a sub.  Oh and Treek, that was a worthy purchase.  Most of the things I unlocked though, I waited until they were on sale.  Got most of them at a 25-50% discount that way.  I'm waiting until Togruta species goes on sale to buy it.  Probably will be my next Trooper or BH.  As far as gear though, you could buy a good looking set with Cartel Coins, or just use credits.  Now that armor plates and hilts/barrels don't cost 7 comms, I think the last time I upgraded my gear I had finished two planets and had done all the side quests and heroics and had 100 comms which was enough to upgrade all of my gear and all of my companions.  Since I was over leveled too from all the XP, it was gear from the next planet, so needless to say I was kicking butt the moment I got there.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »

That's quite a lot of Cartel Credits.  I spent some of mine on several occasions.  I unlocked extra character slots, a bank tab, several things they restrict as a non subscriber like titles and equipment, in case I wasn't a sub.  Oh and Treek, that was a worthy purchase.  Most of the things I unlocked though, I waited until they were on sale.  Got most of them at a 25-50% discount that way.  I'm waiting until Togruta species goes on sale to buy it.  Probably will be my next Trooper or BH.  As far as gear though, you could buy a good looking set with Cartel Coins, or just use credits.  Now that armor plates and hilts/barrels don't cost 7 comms, I think the last time I upgraded my gear I had finished two planets and had done all the side quests and heroics and had 100 comms which was enough to upgrade all of my gear and all of my companions.  Since I was over leveled too from all the XP, it was gear from the next planet, so needless to say I was kicking butt the moment I got there.

with the two of us way over levelled we are just walking through stuff, only occasionally is anything actually a challenge. That's the advantage of sub with the huge XP bonuses. I look forward to the two of us starting new characters and pretty much playing just storyline missions and seeing how that goes for us Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »

with the two of us way over levelled we are just walking through stuff, only occasionally is anything actually a challenge. That's the advantage of sub with the huge XP bonuses. I look forward to the two of us starting new characters and pretty much playing just storyline missions and seeing how that goes for us Smiley

The only downside is that you get less comms, so less gear upgrades.  Also, I believe the epic Story XP boost ends in October when the next expansion comes out for Subscribers.  So if any of you are considering getting on that train, do it sooner rather than later.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: