Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 129417 times)
LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -17

Dark Side Points

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2016, 05:29:39 PM »

I just reached level 65 after playing on and off for 4 years. This is the first time I've ever reached "max level". It's a great game and the Knights of the Fallen Empire has got to be the best expansion any MMO has seen.

I play the game on Ultra with only a little stuttering when there's LOTS of particle effects. I have a GTX 750 ti, i5-330 CPU, with 8 gigs of RAM. I think the stuttering could be fixed by getting a new monitor. This old girl only runs 900p at 75 hz.

Own:
Bellicose+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Want:
Malice+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Dark Shock LE+Emerald+Obsidian V4

DarthSean
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »

I am primarily on shadow lands server

may the force serve you well

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2016, 10:48:48 PM »

Recently decided to join this game. The reason is simple: SWTOR is old canon, old canon is gold canon, so I'm joining because kark you, Disney. I'm playing on the Jung Ma server, the character is a Jedi Consular named Caitlyn Ascura. Yeah, of the same Corellian Ascuras as Rina, only several millenia earlier.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

Playing currently on the Ebon Hawk.  Really hate that no one seems to be for Social Pts anymore...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Akacen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 64

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:40 AM »

I currently run a guild (mostly by accident) on the Ebon Hawk server. I've been playing for 4 years now, I think?

Working on the BH story line so I can get that legendary status.
Yeah, I don't really play the game. I've spent 90% of my time RPing there. It's been fun, but time to get down to business and finish that up!

LS points please. ^.^

My Sabers:
Stunt: Initiate (CG), Catalyst (SRD), Mantis CE (AB), Aeon v2 (CG), Dark Apprentice v4 (BR), Dark Initiate v4 (CG), Apprentice LE v5 (AB), Sentinel LE v5 (AB, SRD), Aeon LE v5 (SRD), Arbiter (GB), Consular (CG), Spectre (FO)
Lite Sound: Catalyst (SRD), Sentinel LE V4 (AB)
V4 Sound: Aeon LE v4 (CG), Bellicose (FO), Lost Gray (SRD)
Emerald: Fulcrum

Wishlist: Grand Master LE (currently in cart), Savior, Brood Guard SE, Dorinian, Flamberge CE, Shock LE, Dark War Glaive, Guardian

Leefer
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

12!

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2017, 12:25:12 PM »

I'm back in on Shadowlands server.  Guinness Legacy.  I caught up my main, Corvein assassin through the story to be ready for this new expansion.

I burnt up my video card tweaking overclocks monday night, but i have a gtx 1070 on the way so I'll be back and looking for guildies this weekend.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Phantom obsidian *Angelina*
Crimson Scorpion with claw Diamond *Scarlett*
Reaper obsidian *Ripley*
Scorpion emerald *Milla*

A weapon without a name will betray you.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2018, 08:08:27 PM »

Very sorry for Necroposting but i do not want to create a new topic just to ask for a question Wink

As i have a Mac, i never played to SWTOR and it is frustrating  Grin

Now, there are solutions to run this game on a Mac. So i have questions for players:

Can we play solo a little? Are there enough people on servers? Is there place for newbies on these servers?

Thanks for your answers Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2018, 08:28:52 PM »

Very sorry for Necroposting but i do not want to create a new topic just to ask for a question Wink

Now, there are solutions to run this game on a Mac. So i have questions for players:

Can we play solo a little? Are there enough people on servers? Is there place for newbies on these servers?

Heh, I do not envy you Mac person.  Tongue

Yes, you can solo all the way to the end.  The game has a class story that takes you through the planets all along the way, and each planet has a main story for that planet.  Of course there's also side quests along the way.

There are plenty of people on server since they recently did a server consolidation.  Most of mine are on Star Forge server, with a couple on Satele Shan, which used to be a west coast server.

As a newbie you'll learn for the first couple planets.  There are 4 starter planets, 1 for 2 sith classes, 1 for Imp Agent and Bounty Hunter, 1 for 2 Jedi classes, and 1 for Smuggler and Republic Trooper.  That planet will help get you going, then there's a "central" planet for your faction you head to next that everybody passes through, still more learning there.

If you just download and play, you'll be Free to Play(F2P) and have the most restrictions. If you buy anything(premium currency, starter pack, etc.) or sub for a month you'll be preferred(or obviously sub for that month), and you'll have less restrictions.  Also there's a pack on Amazon that has a LOT of stuff to it, which includes all DLC, a sub card, and some premium currency that's a good buy if you decide you wanna have a better time with the game.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2018, 08:51:06 PM »

I'm still on about 4 hours a month, in fact, it's currently the longest running game subscription (and the only game subscription) I have.  I was a Beta tester back in the day, and I just can't bring myself to give it up.  I'm not sure what server I'm on anymore, I started everything on Ebon Hawk, but they've consolidated the player base a few times and I lost track... Star Forge sounds right...

I'll echo what Krace said, there are still several folks on, lots of RP Guilds out there.
Solo content is all there, you don't have to group with anyone ever if you don't want to.  Groups definitely help the Heroic quests/missions though, but you can solo flashpoints, as the game will give you an AI companion to help out.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »

I've never had a Mac, but I had it running pretty well on Linux using Wine a couple years ago, until they updated the game and it wouldn't launch anymore.  Angry So, I feel your pain.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2018, 12:53:25 AM »

I just started this game the other day. I started as a Jedi Sentinel, I almost switched a while back but I decided to stick with my Sentinel. all in all, it is an amazing game.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:59 AM »

Sentinels take a while to come into their own, but they're stupidly powerful once you're several levels in. Not so great defensively, but your brutal attacks make up for it.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »

Heh, I do not envy you Mac person.  Tongue

Yes, you can solo all the way to the end.  The game has a class story that takes you through the planets all along the way, and each planet has a main story for that planet.  Of course there's also side quests along the way.

There are plenty of people on server since they recently did a server consolidation.  Most of mine are on Star Forge server, with a couple on Satele Shan, which used to be a west coast server.

As a newbie you'll learn for the first couple planets.  There are 4 starter planets, 1 for 2 sith classes, 1 for Imp Agent and Bounty Hunter, 1 for 2 Jedi classes, and 1 for Smuggler and Republic Trooper.  That planet will help get you going, then there's a "central" planet for your faction you head to next that everybody passes through, still more learning there.

If you just download and play, you'll be Free to Play(F2P) and have the most restrictions. If you buy anything(premium currency, starter pack, etc.) or sub for a month you'll be preferred(or obviously sub for that month), and you'll have less restrictions.  Also there's a pack on Amazon that has a LOT of stuff to it, which includes all DLC, a sub card, and some premium currency that's a good buy if you decide you wanna have a better time with the game.

Mac is not so bad as most of the SW video games are ok ... but not SWTOR Tongue

F2P has restriction, that sounds ok. But, do these restrictions enable you to discover the game for several hours?

I did not know for Amazon ... I will study that ... Thank you Wink

I'm still on about 4 hours a month, in fact, it's currently the longest running game subscription (and the only game subscription) I have.  I was a Beta tester back in the day, and I just can't bring myself to give it up.  I'm not sure what server I'm on anymore, I started everything on Ebon Hawk, but they've consolidated the player base a few times and I lost track... Star Forge sounds right...

I'll echo what Krace said, there are still several folks on, lots of RP Guilds out there.
Solo content is all there, you don't have to group with anyone ever if you don't want to.  Groups definitely help the Heroic quests/missions though, but you can solo flashpoints, as the game will give you an AI companion to help out.

I think that servers are continental ... so I will discover the ones we have on this side of the ocean Wink

Anyway, that is cool you can play solo ...

I've never had a Mac, but I had it running pretty well on Linux using Wine a couple years ago, until they updated the game and it wouldn't launch anymore.  Angry So, I feel your pain.

The solution I will try uses Wine ... I hope it will work well  Tongue

I just started this game the other day. I started as a Jedi Sentinel, I almost switched a while back but I decided to stick with my Sentinel. all in all, it is an amazing game.

I will try a non Force user ... but I do not know what right now Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2018, 06:40:06 AM »

F2P restrictions are somewhat limiting. Fewer character slots, barely hold any money, no mail, can't start PMs, can't use top rarity gear. But having said that the entire main game is available to play. I do suggest subbing once as that opens up all the expansions and makes you preferred. A preferred player has fewer restrictions while still being F2P. They get more character slots, can hold money, can use the mail but cannot send money via mail, they still cannot use top gear but you can buy perks to remove many of the restrictions either with cash or off the auction house in game. Use the account key, it gives you 100 cash shop points a month for using it and it increases your account security.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

The game gets really annoying when you're near your credit cap. It pops up a message every time you earn credits, which you do right and left in the game. Roll Eyes

I definitely don't recommend totally free, unless you literally just want a little demo of the game before committing to anything. But, for $5, preferred status is worth it, especially if you plan to really play.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: