Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 129429 times)
Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »

Topic redirect, back to SWTOR.    Tongue

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

Somebody recommended I check out Sanderson's Oathbringer but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy yet and I think it is the third part of another trilogy called the Stormlight Archives, so would need to read the first two as well.

Oathbringer alone consists of one prologue, 122 chapters, 14 interludes and an epilogue!  Shocked

Yes, it is a brick. So excited to read it when I get there.

Topic redirect, back to SWTOR.    Tongue

Yes, SWTOR. What is it like playing as a non-Forcie?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »

What is it like playing as a non-Forcie?

Lots of fun. What I've played of the Imperial Agent story is really good, so is the Trooper story. Bounty Hunters are a lot of fun, but Smuggler is my favorite non Force user. You go to the same planets as the other classes, obviously, but you have underground contacts and whatnot. (a lot of meetings in cantinas) Plus, much like a Bounty Hunter, you feel like you have more freedom because you're not a member of the Jedi, Sith or governments. Plus, you can perform a move called a "dirty kick" as a Smuggler. Just guess where you kick dudes. Shocked (it works on droids too, for some reason)

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2018, 12:09:19 AM »

Yes, SWTOR. What is it like playing as a non-Forcie?

Lots of fun. What I've played of the Imperial Agent story is really good, so is the Trooper story. Bounty Hunters are a lot of fun, but Smuggler is my favorite non Force user. You go to the same planets as the other classes, obviously, but you have underground contacts and whatnot. (a lot of meetings in cantinas) Plus, much like a Bounty Hunter, you feel like you have more freedom because you're not a member of the Jedi, Sith or governments. Plus, you can perform a move called a "dirty kick" as a Smuggler. Just guess where you kick dudes. Shocked (it works on droids too, for some reason)

Agent and Smuggler are probably the most fun two on either side of the non-Forcies.   Whether male or female you definitely get to sleep around a lot as either class, almost a hookup on every planet you go to.  Also both have two female companions and you can romance both, which while doing so funnily enough comes to a head that you get far enough with either one that there's a showdown.  Quite entertaining.

Both have a very good story.  Playing Agent again for the third time now.  One of the better in the game.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »

Also both have two female companions and you can romance both, which while doing so funnily enough comes to a head that you get far enough with either one that there's a showdown.  Quite entertaining.

Bioware did that with Mass Effect too. It is rather entertaining. Cheesy

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2018, 02:06:38 AM »

Agent and Smuggler are probably the most fun two on either side of the non-Forcies.   Whether male or female you definitely get to sleep around a lot as either class, almost a hookup on every planet you go to.  Also both have two female companions and you can romance both, which while doing so funnily enough comes to a head that you get far enough with either one that there's a showdown.  Quite entertaining.

Both have a very good story.  Playing Agent again for the third time now.  One of the better in the game.

Smuggler takes a while to get rolling... the first 20 levels of "Where is my ship..." get really old, really fast... but past that, it starts getting fun.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »

Ok Guys, after hours of downloading and several unix script lines, SWTOR can be launched on my fruit computer ... and it seams to work Tongue

I will start on a European French server in the beginning to learn the gameplay as a noob but maybe one day, I will come to an American one to meet you Tongue

I want to start with a Republican Commando (I read that it can make a good healer or a good tank) ... Do you have any advices?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »

I'm glad you were able to get it working, Master Seblaise. Smiley

Trooper is a great character class. Personally, I've always been partial to Vanguards, that's the tank one. Aric Jorgan, your first companion, is a Commando, so his abilities compliment yours. Also, you can set him to heal, because you can do that with all companions now. Once upon a time, each had different abilities. Anyway, that's my take on the Vanguard or Commando. Both are really nice, but I like Vanguard just a little more.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2018, 02:00:03 PM »

I'm glad you were able to get it working, Master Seblaise. Smiley

Trooper is a great character class. Personally, I've always been partial to Vanguards, that's the tank one. Aric Jorgan, your first companion, is a Commando, so his abilities compliment yours. Also, you can set him to heal, because you can do that with all companions now. Once upon a time, each had different abilities. Anyway, that's my take on the Vanguard or Commando. Both are really nice, but I like Vanguard just a little more.

Vanguard is interesting too Tongue (and to be honest, I did not know about the first companion Tongue )

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »

Vanguard is interesting too Tongue (and to be honest, I did not know about the first companion Tongue )

Heh, I'm definitely not knocking your choice of Commando. It's a great class. Big guns and, as you said, can be a healer or DPS. I don't think you can tank with Commando, but it's been a while and I could be wrong. (or they could have changed it)

Yeah, I jumped you ahead a bit there. Sorry about that. The way it used to work is that you'd actually pick your advanced class at level 10. That gave you some time to get a feel for things. Changing it to happening much earlier is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »

Heh, I'm definitely not knocking your choice of Commando. It's a great class. Big guns and, as you said, can be a healer or DPS. I don't think you can tank with Commando, but it's been a while and I could be wrong. (or they could have changed it)

Yeah, I jumped you ahead a bit there. Sorry about that. The way it used to work is that you'd actually pick your advanced class at level 10. That gave you some time to get a feel for things. Changing it to happening much earlier is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

No no, no problem, everything is OK Wink

Maybe I am wrong about commando as I can not find any other sources that say commando is a good tank Wink

Maybe I am wrong but if I have to start solo, a tank is better than a DPS ...

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »

What is better all depends on your play style. Sometimes, the best defense is a good offense. Wink But, it's all about personal preference.

As I said, Commandos may be able to be tanks. It's been too long since I played as a Trooper. Either way, you get big guns and cool armor as a Trooper. Plus, I really like the story to it.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2018, 03:11:16 PM »

big guns

YESSSSSSSS  Grin

I will tell you what I choose soon  Tongue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »

One I get playing and a bit higher etc. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of y'all. I think that could be fun.

I've never cared much for being a tank. I much prefer sneak attacks and assassinations and DPS (they are juts funner). On ESO I am pretty much my groups tank, but I'm also a Nightblade (assassin), so I've got both on there.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »

One I get playing and a bit higher etc. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of y'all. I think that could be fun.

I'm down for the same

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: