Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Are you currently playing SWTOR???  (Read 129411 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »

I've never cared much for being a tank. I much prefer sneak attacks and assassinations and DPS (they are juts funner). On ESO I am pretty much my groups tank, but I'm also a Nightblade (assassin), so I've got both on there.

That's one of the things I like about being a Smuggler. One of the advanced classes (Scoundrel, I think) gets a stealth ability. So much fun sneaking up behind enemies and shooting them in the back with a scatter gun. Cheesy

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »

I created a Vanguard Republican Trooper on a European French Server ... and I had a little walk on Ord Mantell ... It is fun ... Lvl6 for the moment Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2018, 10:59:41 PM »

Ok Guys, after hours of downloading and several unix script lines, SWTOR can be launched on my fruit computer ... and it seams to work Tongue

I will start on a European French server in the beginning to learn the gameplay as a noob but maybe one day, I will come to an American one to meet you Tongue

I want to start with a Republican Commando (I read that it can make a good healer or a good tank) ... Do you have any advices?

For the Trooper class I preferred Commando rather than Vanguard.  The assault cannon is so much more fun.  

As Commando you can be DPS or Healer.  Vanguards can be DPS or Tank.

Trooper is a great character class. Personally, I've always been partial to Vanguards, that's the tank one. Aric Jorgan, your first companion, is a Commando, so his abilities compliment yours. Also, you can set him to heal, because you can do that with all companions now. Once upon a time, each had different abilities. Anyway, that's my take on the Vanguard or Commando. Both are really nice, but I like Vanguard just a little more.

Vanguard is interesting too Tongue (and to be honest, I did not know about the first companion Tongue )

Your first companion is a Trooper, but they changed him around and I believe he's now a sniper, doesn't use a cannon anymore.  Also, all companions basically have the same 5-6 abilities now, so none of them really "compliment" you.  All companions can be DPS, Heals, or Tank, so it's up to whatever you need.  The biggest difference now is if a companion is melee or ranged.

Heh, I'm definitely not knocking your choice of Commando. It's a great class. Big guns and, as you said, can be a healer or DPS. I don't think you can tank with Commando, but it's been a while and I could be wrong. (or they could have changed it)

Yeah, I jumped you ahead a bit there. Sorry about that. The way it used to work is that you'd actually pick your advanced class at level 10. That gave you some time to get a feel for things. Changing it to happening much earlier is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

No no, no problem, everything is OK Wink

Maybe I am wrong about commando as I can not find any other sources that say commando is a good tank Wink

Maybe I am wrong but if I have to start solo, a tank is better than a DPS ...

You now pick your advanced class at the start when you make your character.  Again, Commando is DPS/Heals and Vanguard is DPS/Tank.  Depends on the skill specialization you pick.  Honestly, don't worry about needing to be a tank at the start.  Things die rather easily in the beginning.  Think about the role you are going to want to be later on.  Troopers are tough since they are a heavy armor class.  

I created a Vanguard Republican Trooper on a European French Server ... and I had a little walk on Ord Mantell ... It is fun ... Lvl6 for the moment Wink

Oh, too late I guess to help.  Sorry.  Hope you have fun with that though.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:35 PM »

Great stuff. Grin You'll level up super fast in the beginning, as I'm sure you've already noticed.

Also, all companions basically have the same 5-6 abilities now, so none of them really "compliment" you.  All companions can be DPS, Heals, or Tank, so it's up to whatever you need.  The biggest difference now is if a companion is melee or ranged.

Ah, that's right. It's a shame, Aric used to be a really cool Commando. Since they nerfed leveling and made the companions more generic, I usually have mine set to "passive" unless I'm fighting a really tough enemy and losing. Wink

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:22 AM »

For the Trooper class I preferred Commando rather than Vanguard.  The assault cannon is so much more fun.  

As Commando you can be DPS or Healer.  Vanguards can be DPS or Tank.

Your first companion is a Trooper, but they changed him around and I believe he's now a sniper, doesn't use a cannon anymore.  Also, all companions basically have the same 5-6 abilities now, so none of them really "compliment" you.  All companions can be DPS, Heals, or Tank, so it's up to whatever you need.  The biggest difference now is if a companion is melee or ranged.

You now pick your advanced class at the start when you make your character.  Again, Commando is DPS/Heals and Vanguard is DPS/Tank.  Depends on the skill specialization you pick.  Honestly, don't worry about needing to be a tank at the start.  Things die rather easily in the beginning.  Think about the role you are going to want to be later on.  Troopers are tough since they are a heavy armor class.  

Oh, too late I guess to help.  Sorry.  Hope you have fun with that though.

Thanks a lot for these advices Wink

I think I will play several characters to the lvl10 to chose my main ... So your help (as well as SFD79) will be not lost Wink

Point for all!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »

next time I get the chance I think I'll make a bounty hunter/pyrotech character to see how they play. they sound interesting.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »

next time I get the chance I think I'll make a bounty hunter/pyrotech character to see how they play. they sound interesting.

Bounty Hunter is loads of fun. Similar skills and armor to a Trooper, but with pistols and no attachment to the government, like a Smuggler. I always liked the one with 2 guns, don't remember what it's called.

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2018, 03:26:51 AM »

Bounty Hunter is loads of fun. Similar skills and armor to a Trooper, but with pistols and no attachment to the government, like a Smuggler. I always liked the one with 2 guns, don't remember what it's called.

For Smuggler the two pistols is Gunslinger.  For Bounty Hunter it's Mercenary.  Powertech is the other spec for BH.  Merc is DPS or Heals, PT is DPS or Tank.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »

For Smuggler the two pistols is Gunslinger.  For Bounty Hunter it's Mercenary.  Powertech is the other spec for BH.  Merc is DPS or Heals, PT is DPS or Tank.

I think I'll try a powertech DPS. I like the DPS people

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2018, 01:56:09 PM »

For Bounty Hunter it's Mercenary.

That's the one I was thinking of, thanks. I like that class. Two guns and heals. Smiley

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:16 AM »

Have you got a link that propose the ultimate guide to build a good DPS ?? Wink

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »

I think I'll try a powertech DPS. I like the DPS people

As I said though both can be DPS, and I think Merc is better at DPS than Powertech.  Plus two pistols is more fun than just one.

Have you got a link that propose the ultimate guide to build a good DPS ?? Wink

The skill trees aren't what they used to be.  Now it's pretty linear as you level up.  There are some extra perk points you pick up along the way that allow you to choose some things, and I just pick the ones that seem to make the most sense with my damage abilities or reducing cooldowns on stuff I use a lot.

If you want a guide, Dulfy is a good place.  Here are a couple links.

SWTOR 5.0 Class Guides Master List - Dulfy

5.0 Class Guides Archives - Dulfy

Check out both links and see which Advanced Class and which of the 3 specs you have is listed and which has the most current guide.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:24 PM »

Plus two pistols is more fun than just one.

This. Cheesy

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2018, 08:02:56 PM »

Well, I was going to maybe play some tonight, but the launcher keeps giving me an "Unspecified Error" message when it's trying to initialize the update. Roll Eyes I don't know what's wrong with it, but I may have to reinstall the game. That's going to take a while.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2018, 03:10:36 AM »

As I said though both can be DPS, and I think Merc is better at DPS than Powertech.  Plus two pistols is more fun than just one.

The skill trees aren't what they used to be.  Now it's pretty linear as you level up.  There are some extra perk points you pick up along the way that allow you to choose some things, and I just pick the ones that seem to make the most sense with my damage abilities or reducing cooldowns on stuff I use a lot.

If you want a guide, Dulfy is a good place.  Here are a couple links.

SWTOR 5.0 Class Guides Master List - Dulfy

5.0 Class Guides Archives - Dulfy

Check out both links and see which Advanced Class and which of the 3 specs you have is listed and which has the most current guide.

Thanks a lot ... I will check that Wink

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: